Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I guess this has been what’s going on behind the scenes maybe?

It’s definitely over now then.

YES indeed, this is what has been quietly going on (as it always should have been) behind the scenes.

NO, this is very much the exact opposite of "over". This is what all of them (Ashley/Staveley/PIF/Reubens) have been waiting for, this is EXACTLY what they have been waiting for (if it wasn't an 'acceptance' of the bid) and now they can all get stuck in !!!

Forget MESSI . . . this is going to be MESSY !!!!!!!!!!!!

You are like a bairn that’s had too much sunny delight and haribo.

I guess this has been what’s going on behind the scenes maybe?

It’s definitely over now then.

YES indeed, this is what has been quietly going on (as it always should have been) behind the scenes.

NO, this is very much the exact opposite of "over". This is what all of them (Ashley/Staveley/PIF/Reubens) have been waiting for, this is EXACTLY what they have been waiting for (if it wasn't an 'acceptance' of the bid) and now they can all get stuck in !!!

Forget MESSI . . . this is going to be MESSY !!!!!!!!!!!!

You are like a bairn that’s had too much sunny delight and haribo.

Good grief !!

I really hope Mike Ashley does sue the Premier League. Even if it doesn't result in the takeover going through it will be good to see the Premier League squirm and have their "dirty laundry washed in public".

Are the Premier League going to say in court that Saudi Arabia aren't "fit and proper" after passing the Man City, Sheffield, Chelsea, etc. owners (the O & D test is supposed to be applied every year)?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Edwards is absolutely desperate to try and somehow be right :lol: He backed the wrong horse in this one and can’t handle it.

Unfortunately I still can’t see this going anywhere. I don’t think Ashley will sue.  :sad:

Seriously?

Did you read the club's statement . . .

"This conclusion has been reached despite the club providing the Premier League with overwhelming evidence and legal opinions that PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government."

"The club and its owners do not accept that Premier League chief executive Richard Masters and the Premier League have acted appropriately in relation to this matter and will be considering all relevant options available to them."

Unfortunately I still can’t see this going anywhere. I don’t think Ashley will sue.  :sad:

I think he will or why put out this statement? This is his last chance to get this much money for the club, soon will be worth half the amount, he wants this . Imho