Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I know nothing when it comes to legal proceedings, so forgive me, but how much of this upcoming legal challenge will be played out in public? I'm not expecting Judge Judy and live coverage, but will we get a sense of what's going on, or will it all be behind closed doors?

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be fucking furious  :lol:

If the PL has the financial support of those other clubs they'll be alright. £10million off each of them should see them alright.

Bill Bush legging it and now this. Seems like the screw is tightening.

Not sure he did. Think he got a promotion actually.

He's leaving his full time post but will do some ad-hoc work as an adviser to the CEO and Board.

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be f***ing furious  :lol:

If the PL has the financial support of those other clubs they'll be alright. £10million off each of them should see them alright.

Aye can see them being happy with that, we’ll be fucking hated  :lol:

Can't see many clubs happy to lose 10/20million just to keep the PL going. Would imagine if the PL lose and have a massive bill, the clubs would let them go to the wall and just set up a new league organisation...Ultra League or something along those lines

I know nothing when it comes to legal proceedings, so forgive me, but how much of this upcoming legal challenge will be played out in public? I'm not expecting Judge Judy and live coverage, but will we get a sense of what's going on, or will it all be behind closed doors?

Dunno what the legalities are around what can and cannot be shared, but it would be out of keeping with the rest of the whole miserable caper if there wasn't a heavy PR drive throughout. It's already started, what with the statement on the Newcastle website and this news being very publicly revealed this morning. So plenty more of the same to come, I'd imagine!

What’s Edwards had to say about Mike giving up, are we into double figures for the number of times he’s been wrong.

:lol: :lol: tweet spoiled in less than two days.

Looks like his remaining 0.01% credibility has taken another hit.

He should take some of his own advice and shut up about takeovers and concentrate on bruceyball mk.2

Interesting to consider how each club may react to different legal scenarios based on predicted baseline position.

Definitely Support: Man City’, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd*

Possibly Support: Southampton*’

Don’t give a fuck: Chelsea’, Leeds’*, Man Utd’*, West Ham’*

Probably oppose: Arsenal, Aston Villa’*, Brighton*, Burnley*, Crystal Palace*, Everton’, Fulham*, Leicester, West Brom*, Wolves*’

Definitely oppose: Liverpool, Spurs

The clubs with * are certainly likely to increase support and push for some agreement based on any credible financial threat.

The clubs with a ‘ are the ones that will freak out if the issue of reviewing each clubs directors consistently, annually and in light with any new information.

Because of that list I don’t think we’ll get our day in court, we will settle in advance and the PL Directors are dead men walking

I can smell the shitty kegs of the PL from here. Thryll be able to build trumps wall with the amount of shit bricks thryll be dropping this morning.

It would be great if it was us who lanced the boil of English football and ended the PL.

Just to note noted that it was David Pannick of Blackstone Chambers leading the Man City/FFP case. Fairly certain our lad was involved a bit though given the blurb "Nick was involved in the legal challenge to the Football League’s Financial Fair Play rules," on his profile page.

Can't see many clubs happy to lose 10/20million just to keep the PL going. Would imagine if the PL lose and have a massive bill, the clubs would let them go to the wall and just set up a new league organisation...Ultra League or something along those lines

Neither can I. That was a starting point. But I'm sure a scale could work. £50M a piece from Man U&C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal would do it.

Guest Cheesy Beans

This is going to test the PL’s legality in making no decision :lol:

I hope for their case they have a watertight legal argument otherwise they’re about to be ripped to shreds.

Luke Edwards looking like a complete joke, yet again.