Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Did Godzilla really delete his account because the takeover collapsed?

Timing wise, looks like it. He was the most positive about it happening hence why I questioned these two.

Are you a policeman ? And don’t re write history you said nothing was happening and mocked certain posters for believing it was.

As for deleting your account, that would be the most positive thing since version 2.0 failed.

Ha, love you too :lol:

I didn’t believe anything was happening. Other than what I heard last night about the government putting pressure on, I’m still not convinced much is happening. Honestly hope you’re right though.

You started back at college ok btw?

Still ongoing.

If only I was young enough for college  :lol:

If the PL haven’t followed their own rules, they’d be wide open for legal action even without making a decision.

They will have a loophole or something, there is no way it’d be as simple as is being made out on here.

The only way this is resolved is if enough pressure (legal, Government, media, fan) is applied to the PL and they’re backed into a corner. There needs to be an organised campaign against them to get it resolved.

Exactly step forward your friends at NUST who seem to have given up and gone on holiday.

I’m completely out of order on that, apparently.

Which one of you two was Godzilla on here?

That’ll be Cheesy beans, however more to the point do you now accept the takeover wasn’t dead ?

Your credibility along with a few other on here is now zero.

Maybe you should delete your account and come back as Frank Pingel, oh hold on that’s already taken, maybe Rob McDonald he was pretty useless aswell.

What are you on about? I said the takeover wouldn’t happen. I’m right. Why would you ask someone to delete their account? Bit weird that.

You are (sort of) "right so far", but we all need to wait for the final outcome and (as Ashley's recent statement shows very clearly) we are nowhere near that stage yet. 

You think there's more to play out?

I assume you said that as a joke / wind-up.

But (to play your game) It has hardly started yet, we just need to WAIT for the outcome, not "interpret" at too early a stage.

I didn’t believe anything was happening. Other than what I heard last night about the government putting pressure on, I’m still not convinced much is happening. Honestly hope you’re right though.

This is where I am. I was convinced nothing was going on. Clearly something has. I'm very happy to say that I was wrong about that.

However, what and to what extent remains to be confirmed. No one from the consortium has spoken. All we have (unless i've missed something) is what Caulkin has relayed (the optimism from him I find mystifying) and from proven liar and bullshitter Mike Ashley.

There are still so many questions about what, exactly, has happened since the 'withdrawal'.

The head count of massive fucking doyles on N-O never drops below a handful like, it's uncanny.

[emoji38] There's a few incessant newish posters in this thread that have turned it in to an absolute fucking abortion.

This happens about every 3 months though [emoji38] Doubtless some of them are the old posters with new usernames, and then additional ones are somehow drawn in like tongues to a window.

The head count of massive fucking doyles on N-O never drops below a handful like, it's uncanny.

[emoji38] There's a few incessant newish posters in this thread that have turned it in to an absolute fucking abortion.

This happens about every 3 months though [emoji38] Doubtless some of them are the old posters with new usernames, and then additional ones are somehow drawn in like tongues to a window.

:lol: Aye, probably. Wish they'd go outside for a walk or something.

:lol:

Why is it so important for some people to be right or to prove someone wrong? :lol: None of you knew shit. I guessed right, no! I guessed right, you were wrong etc :lol:

I don't mean only in this thread, but in general. Enjoy your Friday night :lol:

As it turns out both sides have sort of been right. The optimists were right that there was still talks of some sort going on in the background, and the pessimists have been right that it's not happening regardless because the PL won't pass it. At this stage only Saudis cancelling large chunks of business with the UK is going to get it through, then you might get Boris stepping in to deliver a hard kick up the arse.

My take after this week nothing has changed, the political pressure and moves will continue behind the scenes. Ashley clearly frustrated by lack of movement and getting his money, but crucially no statement from PCP to say it’s over. I notice Staveley’s husband is still liking posts on twitter apparently re takeover, where in a long game and they’re not done yet.

In the meantime as much as I hate club in its current guise and was happy to see it and PL rot, I have changed my mind, and believe a solid steady season will aid us get this through. Any flirtation with relegation will only sow seeds of doubt on Saudi side.

With the likes of Philip Hammond and senior govt officials lobbying for this we have powerful allies, and the PL will certainly need govt support during coming season. The make up and level of support with this bid will wear the bastards down eventually.

My take after this week nothing has changed, the political pressure and moves will continue behind the scenes. Ashley clearly frustrated by lack of movement and getting his money, but crucially no statement from PCP to say it’s over. I notice Staveley’s husband is still liking posts on twitter apparently re takeover, where in a long game and they’re not done yet.

In the meantime as much as I hate club in its current guise and was happy to see it and PL rot, I have changed my mind, and believe a solid steady season will aid us get this through. Any flirtation with relegation will only sow seeds of doubt on Saudi side.

With the likes of Philip Hammond and senior govt officials lobbying for this we have powerful allies, and the PL will certainly need govt support during coming season. The make up and level of support with this bid will wear the bastards down eventually.

Yes, excellent summary of the current position.

There is still a lot of 'takeover activity' going on, perhaps more so than at any other stage of the process.

Eventually we will be told the final outcome by one (or all) of those actually involved.

Meanwhile, though the massive enthusiasm for our great club that I have had all of my life has long gone, I will still watch our team play football with some interest, if not with much pleasure !!

I’m actually going 180 and think it will happen eventually. There’s too much noise and things going on. I think eventually they’ll find a way to suit all parties. The government pressuring the PL is massive. I don’t think they’ve the bottle to hold out.

I’ll probably change my mind again at some point