Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The thing that shines through is the passion Man U and Liverpool have for remaining the big boys but in an even more screwed up way, not the passion they have for the football pyramid. The way Parry talks about them is the way tories say they care about poor people and the north

I’m baffled at how Man City and Spurs can call themselves one of the big boys, just because for the last 10 years they have had money.

It’s like PSG who want to be one of the clubs to join the Super League, they have done nothing to warrant being a super club aside from having money.

Parry said: “The fact that our two greatest clubs are showing leadership at a time when the game is crying out for it is fantastic. For me that’s a great part of the story. We should be looking at our great clubs at times like this and they should be stepping up to the plate. They are

:suicide:

This brazen display of greed and corruption is just utterly pathetic, no integrity whatsoever.

They're going to bridge the gap between the PL and Championship by making the league into a dictatorship and bribing clubs to support the Idea then :lol:

So, as a club outside of the top 6, you're supposed to play a match against one of them and know that they have the power to punish you if they see fit?  How on earth can this greasy b****** try to put this joke of an idea across as if its some kind of heroic virtuous thing being offered by the top 6 to save the game??  He's got no f***ing shame at all.

The thing that shines through is the passion Man U and Liverpool have for remaining the big boys but in an even more screwed up way, not the passion they have for the football pyramid. The way Parry talks about them is the way tories say they care about poor people and the north

The thing that shines through for me is the passion Rick Masters and the PL have to endorse the Man U/Liverpool hegemony. But I guess they are the ones currently holding the pursestrings, they are always going to call the shots.

It becomes increasingly clear why certain clubs were opposed to our takeover.

With one eye on this and be fully prepared to throw their toys out of the pram if they don’t get what they want.

Saudi money would take the PL in a totally different direction to where they want to be.

The thing that shines through for me is the passion Rick Masters and the PL have to endorse the Man U/Liverpool hegemony. But I guess they are the ones currently holding the pursestrings, they are always going to call the shots.

Rick Parry has been trying to force this through in anyway. A couple of months ago he was saying clubs shouldn’t get a parachute payment and the EFL don’t need Premier League money.

He has pushed through a wage cap for the bottom 2 leagues and has proposed one for the Championship, which would ensure Championship clubs could never build a squad capable of competing in the Premier League again.

He has also over seen the awful takeovers of various clubs in the EFL. He’s effectively chucked out Bury by not giving them the opportunity to play games and gain income after approving their awful owner. He has seen Wigan get taken over then within a month, placed into admin for a bet and then approved the points deduction against them, then the whole Charlton thing.

Anyone thinking he’s a saviour for smaller clubs is sadly mistaken. He wants less clubs, and I think he wants B teams instead.

Richard Masters is easily the worst CEO of the PL's history. It would be a miracle if he sees another year.

He’ll argue everything is down to the pandemic.

However he’ll have been appointed to be a yes man by the top 6 clubs, so no chance he’s going.

"From what we've seen so far the reaction has been mostly positive, Those people in the football world welcoming theses proposals"

not what ive seen

Well they are only concerned about the opinions of those that matter. So it has been overwhelmingly positive.

Richard Masters is easily the worst CEO of the PL's history. It would be a miracle if he sees another year.

He’ll argue everything is down to the pandemic.

However he’ll have been appointed to be a yes man by the top 6 clubs, so no chance he’s going.

With every decision he's made he's damaged the brand. Sponsors pay his wages, they're getting fed up (Tag have walked) and won't be happy about seeing millions of fans pissed off again, week after week, decision after decision. More will walk unless he goes.