Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

This also backs up Staveley's reveal about how the PL were giving her assurances that the takeover would go through early on, only for them to do a u-turn in May. Pretty obvious now that the dippers & Manure stuck their oar in & Masters & co are terrified of them. In a way this also gives credence to the theory that the PL want the takeover decision taken out of their hands by a court.

Surely if Ashley’s lawyers gets physical proof of these plans it’s game over for the PL

I guess if enough teams were stupid enough to vote it in under the current arrangements then there's not a lot more can be done. It's not like the objecting clubs can just go and play in a different league (not yet, at least)

Surely if Ashley’s lawyers gets physical proof of these plans it’s game over for the PL

I guess if enough teams were stupid enough to vote it in under the current arrangements then there's not a lot more can be done. It's not like the objecting clubs can just go and play in a different league (not yet, at least)

That’s what I mean. I’m meaning Staveley’s accusations are certain clubs were an outside influence to the takeover being stalled/not passed. These plans are pretty much proof of that. Makes Ashley’s legal case a lot more stronger surely

Richard Masters is easily the worst CEO of the PL's history. It would be a miracle if he sees another year. 

They couldn’t find anyone to do it IIRC.

they did have two people lined up to do it, first one decided not to take it up after accepting it for whatever reason. Second one had to withdraw after some allegations about his private life ended up in a red top.

I don't know, there's a world of difference between legitimately putting forward a fundamental structure change which appears to be motivated solely by self-interest, and proving that the same sort of thing just went on in the background anyway. I know what you mean but this really proves nothing more than the usual suspects have got some serious delusions of grandeur, which comes as no surprise to any of us.

Richard Masters is easily the worst CEO of the PL's history. It would be a miracle if he sees another year. 

they did have two people lined up to do it, first one decided not to take it up after accepting it for whatever reason. Second one had to withdraw after some allegations about his private life ended up in a red top.

First one declined because they knew that Saudi Arabia were coming in for Newcastle and couldn't face the grief, imo :) second one probably leaked the allegations himself when he found out the same thing, preferring to destroy his own private life than be stuck between Saudi Arabia and Liverpool FC, once again The Most Important Team In The Country And Don't You Forget It [emoji38]

Yep, like I said :lol:

Aye, I can't stand American owned clubs injecting capitalist ideas into a league that famously split away to get paid exclusively without sharing with lower leagues :lol: :lol:

Love a bit of n-o xenophobia :lol: American owners tend to buy the biggest clubs and the biggest clubs have always attempted to wrest more and more power to secure their positions.

Aye, I can't stand American owned clubs injecting capitalist ideas into a league that famously split away to get paid exclusively without sharing with lower leagues :lol: :lol:

Love a bit of n-o xenophobia :lol: American owners tend to buy the biggest clubs and the biggest clubs have always attempted to wrest more and more power to secure their positions.

Nobody is being xenophobic. Calm your tits.

Nobody is being xenophobic. Calm your tits.

The thread moved on a bit from when I typed that up, but I saw one or two a few pages ago just commenting  :angel: Let it sit too long before responding.

This article gives a bit of history into Liverpool and Man U’s involvement in getting Masters the job. I posted a similar article from the new statesman at the height of the takeover, basically Man U and Liverpool were allowed to interview Don Howe’s son on the sly, and stopped him getting the job.

As Tron correctly states a few of us were accused of being paranoid at the time, and making NUFC fans look stupid with the paranoia line.

That’s by the wayside now though, and we’ve all been wrong during this process. However, I am confused at PL’s statement and can’t work out whether Masters and co are in on this, or the yanks are now so arrogant that they don’t even believe they need to consult the inept b******s.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7988919/Premier-League-rivals-furious-Liverpool-Man-United-allowed-vet-league-CEO-candidates.html

PROJECT BIG PICTURE PROPOSALS

1) £250million sent to EFL

2) Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those 'long-term shareholders' required to make major changes, Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20

3) £100m one-off gift to the FA to maintain its sustainability, including at grassroots level

4) 8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and 'good causes' including the FA

5) From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs

6) Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat

7) New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income both overseas and domestic

8) League Cup and the Community Shield abolished

9) 24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two to reduce 92 professional game clubs to 90

10) A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA

11) Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted.

12) The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship's third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

13) Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts

14) A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, and a focus on a return to safe standing

15) Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies

16) Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England