Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The part about Ashley getting more than 300m isn't that something that was agreed way back? Unless it's happening yet again (could be). I'm certain that Staveley said something about it a while back and that the consortium agreed to it.

How are the EFL able to control anything that happens in the PL ?

They aren’t are they, they’ve just been promised a bigger slice of the pie if they support this deal. Not that I fully understand.

Aye, that's fair enough.

Just feels like they shouldn't even be allowed to have this level of discussion with PL clubs without the authority of the PL.

-Terrible owner that will never leave.

-Came close to winning it all in the 90’s but came up against a dynasty.

-Publicly humiliated team legends.

-Home stadium/area revered by many but is also charitable to opposition players. 

-Litany of awful managers/coaches/GM’s/DoF’s

-Supporters and local media regularly accused of being demanding.

We are the Newcastle Knicks.

-Home stadium/area revered by many but is also charitable to opposition players. 

Yeah Dolan and Ashley would be a good contest for the biggest cunt.

Liam Kennedy has been replying to a few people tonight on twitter. Can’t be arsed to copy them but basically ties in with what Mimms said earlier in week. Sounds like the consortium, maybe Saudis have put a timescale on this to be sorted.

100%

Liam Kennedy has been replying to a few people tonight on twitter. Can’t be arsed to copy them but basically ties in with what Mimms said earlier in week. Sounds like the consortium, maybe Saudis have put a timescale on this to be sorted.

If I hang on to what positivity I have left, I'd say that they must know what they are doing but on the face of it, it does feel like that would offer the PL the perfect opportunity to let this finally fizzle out.

Who was the poster constantly talking about redbird capital?  Looks like they'll be buying a large chunk of Fenway Sports Group - https://www.wsj.com/articles/red-sox-owner-in-talks-for-deal-with-redball-acquisition-11602286661

That would be Penn. Guess he just posted the information on the wrong forum all along :shifty:

Being wrong doesn't sound like him  :lol:

It's crazy to me that a team like the Red Sox, in a sport that commentators here constantly claim is dying, is still probably more valuable than the bottom 12 premier league teams combined.

EDIT: I'm a red sox fan, but they are only the 3rd most valuable MLB team at best.

If I hang on to what positivity I have left, I'd say that they must know what they are doing but on the face of it, it does feel like that would offer the PL the perfect opportunity to let this finally fizzle out.

I would guess that everybody is hoping this it’s thrashed out, however if did go to court I would imagine we could be talking anything up to 2 years for it to be heard. At that point I think the Saudis would have moved on, so either it’s about compensation at that point, or it then doesn’t go to court.

I agree though would seem a poor threat if PL know your not going to follow through with legal action.

Talking of legal deadlines how is Mandy's case against Barclays going? Anyone heard?

Good question. It was due to resume in early October but there’s been zero movement.

Hopefully both sets of legal teams have decided to come to a settlement. That in itself could take weeks/months to be agreed?

If I’ve heard right on the radio this morning another T&C is the removal of all parachute payments. After googling this...

How much is the Premiership parachute payment?

In the 2017-18 season the Premier League paid £243m in Parachute Payments split amongst 8 clubs, and £100m in Solidarity Payments split amongst the remaining 64 clubs

The £250 per year they’d be giving to the ELF a year would be £93 less a year on top of the abandonment of the League Cup. Surely not.

Talking of legal deadlines how is Mandy's case against Barclays going? Anyone heard?

Good question. It was due to resume in early October but there’s been zero movement.

Hopefully both sets of legal teams have decided to come to a settlement. That in itself could take weeks/months to be agreed?

I'm sure I read it was delayed due to covid so it's now expected to be finished around November/December this year.