Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t quite understand this thread anymore if people don’t  believe the takeover is still a possibility why then come on this thread just to p*ss on peoples chips? Stay off it then.

This thread been taken over by stupidity, therefore belonging in the takeover thread.

Maybe.

I don’t quite understand this thread anymore if people don’t  believe the takeover is still a possibility why then come on this thread just to p*ss on peoples chips? Stay off it then.

Exactly my thoughts.  I wish they would all just piss off!

Well if the letter could have been a lot better, why don’t you write one to Boris and stick it up on here ?

That would be a constructive way of making a contribution, instead of nit picking over a letter that certainly doesn’t need to be polished. It’s very easy to ‘point out’ as you put it, but the stick these lads have been getting from elements of the fan base is disgusting.

Good job they seem to have broad shoulders, as currently they’re a great source of information and are keeping this in the media spotlight.

This is such a nonsensical argument. I'm not allowed to criticise because I haven't written a letter myself? Get out of here. :lol:

That's like saying I can't criticise any of our players unless I'm willing to be a better professional footballer myself. Think the referee made a wrong call? Don't mention it if you've not reffed in the PL yourself. Criticise the government? Not until you've been PM yourself and done a better job!

You see how silly it is? It just doesn't work like that, stop talking such utter soil. I have every right to criticise anything I wish that's released into the public domain, especially if it purports to be taking action on my behalf. We already (rightly or wrongly) have an image problem as a fanbase, and as a fan I'm entitled to not want that made worse and I absolutely will speak out if I think that's the case.

Again, I'm very much behind the concept of what they're doing but if they're getting "disgusting" stick over this letter, it's because of what they themselves have written. Maybe the fault is there, not with the people pointing that out?

This is a unique situation and not comparable to the examples you have quoted. The examples you have given are all well paid professionals, who have put themselves in a position where you would expect criticism. Why on earth would someone want to criticise 2 fans using there own time, and money for the potential benefit of the whole fanbase ?

I’m not accusing yourself of this, and to be honest I really can’t be arsed to scrawl back through old posts, however when people are accusing them of being embarrassing, in what way is that constructive ?

If these 2 lads decided to say f*** this, we’d all be worse off as a result. As for potentially embarrassing the fanbase, have a word with yourself, these 2 lads are individually doing more for this fanbase than anyone else I can remember in recent memory.

On a final point the latter was not signed on behalf of the fanbase, therefore to imply it reflects on yourself or any other supporter is utter tosh.

If you haven't done so then read the full letter to the Prime Minister, absolute rambling nonsense. I very much doubt it will ever see the eyes of the PM. NCSL may well have a QC they keep naming but there is not a chance in hell any of their published letters have been drafted by a junior legal professional let alone a QC.

The takeover doesn't really exist anymore, PIF pulled out and Ashley instigated arbitration proceedings. I've no doubt PIF are waiting in the wings to come back if that arbitration is successful and they are given a unilateral undertaking their O&D application would be approved. But right now all we have is a twitter storm whipped up by a few well known individuals, with the expect help of a certain journalist no one had ever heard of a few months ago.

They said they would issue legal action through the Competition Appeals Tribunal if they didn't get what they wanted - they then didn't get what they wanted and just wrote more letters, asked fans to written letters to MPs and now a very badly drafted letter to the Prime Minister. It's noise, and just making more noise.... more followers, more views for someone's shows on youtube show... all the whole stringing along fans that are simply desperate after the awful 13 years or so of Mike Ashley.

You have no idea about strategy have you?  Ashley AND the consortium are playing this very well.  Obviously you can't see that or you are too thick to comprehend it.

If you haven't done so then read the full letter to the Prime Minister, absolute rambling nonsense. I very much doubt it will ever see the eyes of the PM. NCSL may well have a QC they keep naming but there is not a chance in hell any of their published letters have been drafted by a junior legal professional let alone a QC.

The takeover doesn't really exist anymore, PIF pulled out and Ashley instigated arbitration proceedings. I've no doubt PIF are waiting in the wings to come back if that arbitration is successful and they are given a unilateral undertaking their O&D application would be approved. But right now all we have is a twitter storm whipped up by a few well known individuals, with the expect help of a certain journalist no one had ever heard of a few months ago.

They said they would issue legal action through the Competition Appeals Tribunal if they didn't get what they wanted - they then didn't get what they wanted and just wrote more letters, asked fans to written letters to MPs and now a very badly drafted letter to the Prime Minister. It's noise, and just making more noise.... more followers, more views for someone's shows on youtube show... all the whole stringing along fans that are simply desperate after the awful 13 years or so of Mike Ashley.

You have no idea about strategy have you?  Ashley AND the consortium are playing this very well.  Obviously you can't see that or you are too thick to comprehend it.

He’s to thick to comprehend it mate, and clearly has an agenda.

On a final point the latter was not signed on behalf of the fanbase, therefore to imply it reflects on yourself or any other supporter is utter tosh.

Wrong. It doesn't matter what they sign at the bottom, they repeatedly talk about the fanbase as a whole in their letter and indeed in all of their communications.

And it doesn't matter if people do things for free or professionally - If you do them publicly, do them well or expect criticism. Then there's a choice: Throw your toys out the pram, or use that criticism to do better next time because, as said, we all want them to do well. But the criticism absolutely is valid and should not be censored just because they're doing it for free. They're representing us, in our eyes AND seemingly in theirs. If we feel the tone is wrong, we have every right to say that.

Because the very issue of whether or not the takeover is still ongoing is very much open to debate. This is the purpose of the thread. It’s like someone telling posters that they can only post in the Longstaff thread if it’s positive.

It's fucking ridiculous isn't it, theres even a thread specifically for only positive posts, and they still cry if someone says something they don't like  :lol:

On another note, just rename this thread the Whitley Mag thread, close it and be done with it. He's so deluded and posts so often I'm starting to think he has something to do with these NCSL idiots.

Wraith is pulling Liam Kennedy's strings. To laugh at Wraith for being an idiot but not see he's pulling the wool over your eyes would be ironic in the extreme.

It has all turned into a rather cultish and cuntish debacle, this thread. Nothing is happening right now. There’s no need to point score or fight with other members over it. Achieves nothing.

I believe it’s still very much alive based on what I’ve heard (in real life, not the internet) but also, pretty much everyone outside of fed up Newcastle supporters don’t give a rats arse about this. It’s not newsworthy right now. And despite us being fed up, there are way more important things happening in the world right now.

:lol: :lol:

Incredible, the same person who (still) believes and links Wraith's talkshow every other week is chastising others for failing to comprehend the intricacies of a supposed wider strategy

It's totally bizarre how you're hysterically defending this ridiculous letter, I'm sure everyone (either publicly or privately) can acknowledge its clumsy and nonsensical composition.

Instead you're continuously bringing up this sanctimonious superfan angle, where users can't criticize blatant deficiencies in this group, because we're not planning our own Jarrow march or whatever

Because the very issue of whether or not the takeover is still ongoing is very much open to debate. This is the purpose of the thread. It’s like someone telling posters that they can only post in the Longstaff thread if it’s positive.

It's fucking ridiculous isn't it, theres even a thread specifically for only positive posts, and they still cry if someone says something they don't like  :lol:

On another note, just rename this thread the Whitley Mag thread, close it and be done with it. He's so deluded and posts so often I'm starting to think he has something to do with these NCSL idiots.

So, in your opinion, the takeover is dead and will not be revived?

Wrong. It doesn't matter what they sign at the bottom, they repeatedly talk about the fanbase as a whole in their letter and indeed in all of their communications.

And it doesn't matter if people do things for free or professionally - If you do them publicly, do them well or expect criticism. Then there's a choice: Throw your toys out the pram, or use that criticism to do better next time because, as said, we all want them to do well. But the criticism absolutely is valid and should not be censored just because they're doing it for free. They're representing us, in our eyes AND seemingly in theirs. If we feel the tone is wrong, we have every right to say that.

At no point have they said they’re representing the fanbase, they have asked for support from the fanbase which is entirely different. They mention the fanbase as in the 100 thousand signatures and the NUST poll of 97% approval for takeover, but at no point have they claimed to speak for the whole fanbase.

If you think by writing this letter it makes them fair game to be called embarrassing, then no wonder no fan action in relation to removing Ashley has ever stuck. This fanbase has a major problem with anyone standing up to take action.

If you think criticism is due and you claim to want them to do well, why don’t you get in touch with them and offer some help. I’ll keep coming back to this it’s easy to criticise, and I’d be very interested to know which parts of the letter you think embarrass us as fans so much ? 

I’m quite sure they’d welcome constructive feedback, but some of the criticism is ott and way off the mark.

Incredible, the same person who (still) believes and links Wraith's talkshow every other week is chastising others for failing to comprehend the intricacies of a supposed wider strategy

It's totally bizarre how you're hysterically defending this ridiculous letter, I'm sure everyone (either publicly or privately) can acknowledge its clumsy and nonsensical composition.

Instead you're continuously bringing up this sanctimonious superfan angle, where users can't criticize blatant deficiencies in this group, because we're not planning our own Jarrow march or whatever

Your obsessed with Wraith mate aren’t you ?

It's f***ing ridiculous isn't it, theres even a thread specifically for only positive posts, and they still cry if someone says something they don't like  :lol:

Wraith is pulling Liam Kennedy's strings. To laugh at Wraith for being an idiot but not see he's pulling the wool over your eyes would be ironic in the extreme.

You’ve got some nerve calling anyone an idiot.

Wraith is a massive bell end what ever people think of the takeover

Wraith is a massive bell end what ever people think of the takeover

I’m certainly not here to speak for Wraith, I may have linked his shows a long time ago, when there was some good takeover craic with Kennedy and his Friday show. However, feel free to go back over my posts and show me one instance where I have spoke up for him.

This Odyssey fella has an unhealthy fascination with him though, and clearly needs help.

That letter is utter fucking tripe. So poorly written too.

The whole thing stinks of that cretin Steve Wraith like.

NCSL are an embarrassment like.

:lol: They're called Newcastle Consortium Supporters and tweet like a 14 year old girl. They've been an embarrassment from day 1.

There are probably a lot of people on here who feel that they can write a more professional sounding letter than the Newcastle Consortium Supporters.

Yes, well maybe you can, and maybe you can't.

BUT, what the **ck have you actually DONE ????

Eh, what have you DONE?

These guys have done a lot, and are still doing a lot. We all owe them a debt, a great debt, I am personally very proud of them.

it is great to have people who 'care' on our side, people who actually DO something!

Shut up, man. Fucks sake.

Are you ok??

I take it you are one of those bedroom "do nothing" types.

Go and put a new frame on your Facebook profile picture, man. Shit emojis all over the place. Words in full caps. Shit punctuation. Repeating the same, childish, baseless shit over and over. Your posts are AIDS to my eyes. Grow up.

It's not too late, you can (perhaps) be helped.

Maybe.

(PS - my punctuation is perfect, absolutely perfect. You've upset me now . . . )

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

Four words in before you f***ed up yourself. Amazing. :lol:

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/08/this-and-that.html

Difference is I don’t criticise others like your good self.

Except that that's ( ;) ) exactly what you did do. :lol:

You claimed the letter was a ramble and incoherent, then proceeded to write a sentence that was incoherent.

Now that is that.

Except my sentence wasn't incoherent at all, was it? Whereas the letter was undoubtedly all over the place, and your rant about me pointing that out was littered with grammatical errors.

What's your link to the group here then? You clearly have one. What is it?

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

You claimed the letter was a ramble and incoherent, then proceeded to write a sentence that was incoherent.

Now that is that.

Except my sentence wasn't incoherent at all, was it? Whereas the letter was undoubtedly all over the place, and your rant about me pointing that out was littered with grammatical errors.

What what joey lad ?

Now that is that.

What what joey lad ?

Daft replies eh, because you've no answer. O0

Now that is that.

What what joey lad ?

I’ve already said your sentence was incoherent, but I’ll repeat it again for your benefit. You do seem to like repeating things after all.

Now that is that.

What what joey lad ?

I’ve already said your sentence was incoherent, but I’ll repeat it again for your benefit. You do seem to like repeating things after all.

You did, but repeating something which is incorrect doesn't make it correct. Doing it whilst littering your own post with grammatical errors just makes you look stupid too.

Anyway, back on track with the thread, what is your link to this group you so vehemently defend? The vast majority have been critical of the letter, why not you?