Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It would be nice if NCSL got a lawyer, or someone less deluded than Wraith, to write their letter to Boris. Heres some snippets:

"unless you have been there and shared the uniqueness of the place and its people with their unrivalled characters then it may be difficult for you to understand the fighting spirit that Geordies possess"

"myself and a fellow director received a solicitor's letter from the most unscrupulous and distasteful organization known as the Premier League"

"the two fans they saw as weak and easy picking will now unleash the support of a whole fanbase of 100,000+ disillusioned and angry football supporters"

"we believe as homeowners and voters we are allowed to nominate our destiny"

And Boris will laugh at this one - "when a wealthy, arrogant bully tells you not to do something, then in my book you do it twice as much, and twice as hard"

It's fucking waffle. Fair play to anyone naive enough to think this has a chance of succeeding. But if NCSL have paid for "top lawyers" why are they still sending out badly written, cliched tripe?

Who the fuck do you think you are?

:lol:

It would be nice if NCSL got a lawyer, or someone less deluded than Wraith, to write their letter to Boris. Heres some snippets:

"unless you have been there and shared the uniqueness of the place and its people with their unrivalled characters then it may be difficult for you to understand the fighting spirit that Geordies possess"

"myself and a fellow director received a solicitor's letter from the most unscrupulous and distasteful organization known as the Premier League"

"the two fans they saw as weak and easy picking will now unleash the support of a whole fanbase of 100,000+ disillusioned and angry football supporters"

"we believe as homeowners and voters we are allowed to nominate our destiny"

And Boris will laugh at this one - "when a wealthy, arrogant bully tells you not to do something, then in my book you do it twice as much, and twice as hard"

It's fucking waffle. Fair play to anyone naive enough to think this has a chance of succeeding. But if NCSL have paid for "top lawyers" why are they still sending out badly written, cliched tripe?

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Swing it, shake it, move it, make it....

:lol:

Let’s hope a different letter was sent by the professionals and this letter is for the chest beaters only.

Aye I can see lawyers sending out letter like that.

Jesus why don’t people just take it what it is?

It’s a group who are trying to keep the fan base positive and trying to use them to pressure MP’s and the EPL and keep the issue highlighted whilst the clubs legal team do everything that needs to be done legally/officially.

Let’s hope a different letter was sent by the professionals and this letter is for the chest beaters only.

It’s a group who are trying to keep the fan base positive and trying to use them to pressure MP’s and the EPL and keep the issue highlighted whilst the clubs legal team do everything that needs to be done legally/officially.

When its put together in such an amateurish way it's brand damaging.  If it's not going down well with fans how is it going to gain any wider traction?

Fuck me you lot turn like the weather

That letter was released yesterday, no one said much about it. Them 1 person said "its embarrassing" and about 8 people within an hour follow suit. :lol:

First I've seen of it is now. So I'm commenting now. When I fix my time machine though, I'll be sure to comment yesterday too.

And the letter's a fucking mess. It's surely not hard to find someone who can compose something coherent, yet they've gone with this. It's terrible.

I have to agree, as soon as I read that letter my instant reaction was embarrassment.

I'm supportive of what NCSL are doing, but if you're writing to the Prime minister, you must act and sound professional.

That letter really isn't, even if they do raise some excellent points, it should have been presented in a much better way than that. There's no way a legal professional looked at that and said, "yep that's fine, post it"

Fuck me you lot turn like the weather

That letter was released yesterday, no one said much about it. Them 1 person said "its embarrassing" and about 8 people within an hour follow suit. :lol:

First I've seen of it is now. So I'm commenting now. When I fix my time machine though, I'll be sure to comment yesterday too.

And the letter's a fucking mess. It's surely not hard to find someone who can compose something coherent, yet they've gone with this. It's terrible.

Absolutely fuming! :lol:

When its put together in such an amateurish way it's brand damaging.  If it's not going down well with fans how is it going to gain any wider traction?

Brand damaging against who?

A couple of fans who have fuck all to do with the club and their own legal action?

Against us as supporters? If so then maybe you should look around. We are laughed at by pretty much every outside of our supporter base, have done for decades, and everyone thinks Saudi’s shouldn’t take over us in anyway.

Who the fuck gives a fuck about what others think about us? Anyone doing so should have stopped a long time ago. Opinions won’t ever be changed.

The fact is these guys aren’t harming our takeover, they may not help it either, but at least they are making things difficult for the likes of Masters and the CEO’s of the top 6.

I keep seeing Liam Kennedy etc saying more news will come out in January. I don't understand this, if something has happened surely it would have come out now?

It sounds like something is happening and the end/result will come in January hence "more news to come". I don't think it's the arbitration but cannot think what else it could be.

Brand damaging against who?

A couple of fans who have fuck all to do with the club and their own legal action?

Against us as supporters? If so then maybe you should look around. We are laughed at by pretty much every outside of our supporter base, have done for decades, and everyone thinks Saudi’s shouldn’t take over us in anyway.

Who the fuck gives a fuck about what others think about us? Anyone doing so should have stopped a long time ago. Opinions won’t ever be changed.

The fact is these guys aren’t harming our takeover, they may not help it either, but at least they are making things difficult for the likes of Masters and the CEO’s of the top 6.

I meant brand damaging to themselves and what they are trying to achieve. If they come across as that amateurish it damages their credibility. They are writing to the prime minister ignoring the fact that he's complete baboon it should be a concise and articulate summary of their points and what they want not a rambling emo rant. Just my own opinion though.