Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

That letter is utter fucking tripe. So poorly written too.

The whole thing stinks of that cretin Steve Wraith like.

NCSL are an embarrassment like.

:lol: They're called Newcastle Consortium Supporters and tweet like a 14 year old girl. They've been an embarrassment from day 1.

There are probably a lot of people on here who feel that they can write a more professional sounding letter than the Newcastle Consortium Supporters.

Yes, well maybe you can, and maybe you can't.

BUT, what the **ck have you actually DONE ????

Eh, what have you DONE?

These guys have done a lot, and are still doing a lot. We all owe them a debt, a great debt, I am personally very proud of them.

it is great to have people who 'care' on our side, people who actually DO something!

Shut up, man. Fucks sake.

Are you ok??

I take it you are one of those bedroom "do nothing" types.

:lol: They're called Newcastle Consortium Supporters and tweet like a 14 year old girl. They've been an embarrassment from day 1.

There are probably a lot of people on here who feel that they can write a more professional sounding letter than the Newcastle Consortium Supporters.

Eh, what have you DONE?

These guys have done a lot, and are still doing a lot. We all owe them a debt, a great debt, I am personally very proud of them.

it is great to have people who 'care' on our side, people who actually DO something!

Are you ok??

So now unless you do something you can’t comment on the amateur nature of it?

Might have to stop commenting on the government , trump, Nufc etc etc

It is entirely possible to have thought the initial message from NCSL was well meant with the best of intensions but still be critical of way they’ve conducted themselves at times and be embarrassed by the state of that letter to Johnson without being told .... WELL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

I could go and scrawl ‘Cock Piss Masters’ in shit on the walls of SJP and I’d have done something, doesn’t make it helpful or right.

Definitely could have been written better but maybe they were going for emotive and personable over professional and stuffy? I don't find it embarrassing as I didn't write it, not sure how people get embarrassed for someone else to be honest. It might be a little cringe worthy but at least they're still going for it, still trying to keep this takeover afloat in the water.

Clearly there is more to what they're doing in the grand scheme of it all or they'd have been asked to stop by those involved in the takeover. So maybe, rather than criticize and feel embarrassed by proxy, we should just leave them to it, offer support of we can and see how it plays out, or if it really bothers you that much, ignore it all until it reaches whatever conclusion it's hurtling towards.

It is entirely possible to have thought the initial message from NCSL was well meant with the best of intensions but still be critical of way they’ve conducted themselves at times and be embarrassed by the state of that letter to Johnson without being told .... WELL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

I could go and scrawl ‘Cock p*ss Masters’ in s*** on the walls of SJP and I’d have done something, doesn’t make it helpful or right.

I’d suggest you do this at the PL headquarters, that way at least it’ll get cleaned up. St Jame’s is currently scruffy without your s**** all over it.

As ever the happy path is a delicate balance between the two. Those in close support or as part of NCSL need to be clear in tone and aim if they want to be seen to represent the fan base and in turn the majority of fans back them and also be able to filter constructive criticism from the slanging. Likewise, if its an effort or some selling side form of 4D chess to keep things going all power to them - it certainly makes a lot of noise. The problem with noise, especially on twitter is that there’s a lot of it about and people develop a filter for it.

Eh, what have you DONE?

Are you ok??

Go and put a new frame on your Facebook profile picture, man. Shit emojis all over the place. Words in full caps. Shit punctuation. Repeating the same, childish, baseless shit over and over. Your posts are AIDS to my eyes. Grow up.

Guest Howaythetoon

Eh, what have you DONE?

Are you ok??

Go and put a new frame on your Facebook profile picture, man. Shit emojis all over the place. Words in full caps. Shit punctuation. Repeating the same, childish, baseless shit over and over. Your posts are AIDS to my eyes. Grow up.

Fucking hell man :lol:

:ructions:

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

Four words in before you f***ed up yourself. Amazing. :lol:

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/08/this-and-that.html

Would listing the club on the LSE be a workaround? Shares are purchased/sold in open market...

Just a shower thought I had ?

It's not the buying of the club that's the problem, they could buy it tomorrow if they wanted to.  It's getting the license to play in the PL that's stalling it.

I have no idea what's going on at this point and tbh I don't want to know.

I've felt pretty confident, ever since Staveley/Ghodoussi's interview with Caulkin in the aftermath of the 'collapse' in July, that the matter wasn't closed and the same consortium was ultimately still working on the deal being successfully concluded. But I'm so far beyond predicting or trying to understand what the strategy is; why X individual is involved or why Y individual has done or said a certain thing. The involvement of certain professionals and the acceptance among many local journalists that 'something' is still flickering away; that's enough for me to feel somewhat hopeful that a resolution might come our way. But fuck trying to figure out the specifics.

It's January 2021 and Ashley is genuinely and proactively trying to get rid of the club for a not unreasonable price. If you'd offered me that scenario 12 months ago, I'd have taken it. It's all a process and I do believe we're getting there. If it takes even another 12 months, so be it. I've hopefully got a lifetime of reengaging with and feeling passionate about my club; I'm prepared to be patient.

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

Difference is I don’t criticise others like your good self.

There’s been no creditable takeover news for weeks now, just Twittershit from somebody purportedly representative of our fan base making noise. I’d be dubious of becoming bed partners with them, especially after people made a right arse of themselves fawning over mimms.

Let’s hope someone actually linked to the takeover gives a positive update soon. I don’t think anyone could stomach another decade of just existing under Ashley’s ownership.

I don’t quite understand this thread anymore if people don’t  believe the takeover is still a possibility why then come on this thread just to p*ss on peoples chips? Stay off it then.

Strange behaviour isn't it?

I don’t quite understand this thread anymore if people don’t  believe the takeover is still a possibility why then come on this thread just to p*ss on peoples chips? Stay off it then.

Because the very issue of whether or not the takeover is still ongoing is very much open to debate. This is the purpose of the thread. It’s like someone telling posters that they can only post in the Longstaff thread if it’s positive.

Because the very issue of whether or not the takeover is still ongoing is very much open to debate. This is the purpose of the thread. It’s like someone telling posters that they can only post in the Longstaff thread if it’s positive.

Can’t have your cake and eat it like:

The bastards the hounded out Mimms should be hounded out themselves. For me Mimms would have been on by now if he wasn’t pushed out by miserable fuckers he knows something is going down.

Except that that's ( ;) ) exactly what you did do. :lol:

If you haven't done so then read the full letter to the Prime Minister, absolute rambling nonsense. I very much doubt it will ever see the eyes of the PM. NCSL may well have a QC they keep naming but there is not a chance in hell any of their published letters have been drafted by a junior legal professional let alone a QC.

The takeover doesn't really exist anymore, PIF pulled out and Ashley instigated arbitration proceedings. I've no doubt PIF are waiting in the wings to come back if that arbitration is successful and they are given a unilateral undertaking their O&D application would be approved. But right now all we have is a twitter storm whipped up by a few well known individuals, with the expect help of a certain journalist no one had ever heard of a few months ago.

They said they would issue legal action through the Competition Appeals Tribunal if they didn't get what they wanted - they then didn't get what they wanted and just wrote more letters, asked fans to written letters to MPs and now a very badly drafted letter to the Prime Minister. It's noise, and just making more noise.... more followers, more views for someone's shows on youtube show... all the whole stringing along fans that are simply desperate after the awful 13 years or so of Mike Ashley.

Well if the letter could have been a lot better, why don’t you write one to Boris and stick it up on here ?

That would be a constructive way of making a contribution, instead of nit picking over a letter that certainly doesn’t need to be polished. It’s very easy to ‘point out’ as you put it, but the stick these lads have been getting from elements of the fan base is disgusting.

Good job they seem to have broad shoulders, as currently they’re a great source of information and are keeping this in the media spotlight.

This is such a nonsensical argument. I'm not allowed to criticise because I haven't written a letter myself? Get out of here. :lol:

That's like saying I can't criticise any of our players unless I'm willing to be a better professional footballer myself. Think the referee made a wrong call? Don't mention it if you've not reffed in the PL yourself. Criticise the government? Not until you've been PM yourself and done a better job!

You see how silly it is? It just doesn't work like that, stop talking such utter soil. I have every right to criticise anything I wish that's released into the public domain, especially if it purports to be taking action on my behalf. We already (rightly or wrongly) have an image problem as a fanbase, and as a fan I'm entitled to not want that made worse and I absolutely will speak out if I think that's the case.

Again, I'm very much behind the concept of what they're doing but if they're getting "disgusting" stick over this letter, it's because of what they themselves have written. Maybe the fault is there, not with the people pointing that out?

Except that that's ( ;) ) exactly what you did do. :lol:

You claimed the letter was a ramble and incoherent, then proceeded to write a sentence that was incoherent.

Now that is that.