Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Glad someone put a big red circle round like 50% of that tweet so I knew where to look. Don't think I'd have spotted the relevant bit without that, be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Every single Waugh tweet uses an obscene amount of characters, it’s very annoying

Glad someone put a big red circle round like 50% of that tweet so I knew where to look. Don't think I'd have spotted the relevant bit without that, be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

:lol:

Obscene that a geopolitical situation between Qatar and Saudi can have a bearing on our takeover.

Shows the undue influence Qatar has over the PL. That’s barefaced corruption and really needs eradicating. I’m surprised there’s not more of an outcry and questions over why Qatar has this influence.

Obscene that a geopolitical situation between Qatar and Saudi can have a bearing on our takeover.

Shows the undue influence Qatar has over the PL. That’s barefaced corruption and really needs eradicating. I’m surprised there’s not more of an outcry and questions over why Qatar has this influence.

I think Qatar and Bein’s influence will be highlighted in legal action, the long letter sent by NCSL to Boris yesterday references their interference as well.

Shows how gross football is in general now imo, shouldn't even be involved, either of them

I agree. Don’t think I’d realised just how much of a corrupt, closed shop the PL has become. It’s not a level playing field and it pretty much makes the whole ‘competition’ pointless.

Thinking back to how buzzing I was in the Summer about this takeover. I remember watching us roll over against Liverpool last day of the season confident that it was the fat dinner lady’s last game in charge and that we wouldn’t see any Sports Direct ads by the start of the following season. Instead we have both still there, stinking the place out.

The club is absolutely dead. I am only slightly interested in NUFC due to the big guns we have fighting for the takeover in De Marco and his lawyer pals.

This part of the NCSL letter yesterday is quite interesting in regards to this gentleman Peter McCormick. They allege that in his role as lawyer he played a key role in PIF bid being blocked. I’ve never previously heard his name mentioned, but what makes this very interesting is that he’s now interim head of the FA.

After reading the whole of NCSL’s letter what is clear is that they are not confident in this review of football governance, and it would appear the cross over of power between the PL and FA is very blurred.

The main issue in regards to arbitration though would be that if both parties can’t agree on the 3rd member of panel, it goes to the FA to choose the member. Now surely if MCCormick has played such a key role in blocking the takeover this can’t be right, and would certainly make it evident why NCSL are being used by buyer and seller to try and get this into public domain.

Not ideal given that the FA are free to appoint the third member of the arbitration panel arent they? No wonder they've been hesitant to take it to arbitration if thats the case.

Yeah I would imagine this is a major sticking point and smacks of further corruption due to old boys network.

It would be nice if NCSL got a lawyer, or someone less deluded than Wraith, to write their letter to Boris. Heres some snippets:

"unless you have been there and shared the uniqueness of the place and its people with their unrivalled characters then it may be difficult for you to understand the fighting spirit that Geordies possess"

"myself and a fellow director received a solicitor's letter from the most unscrupulous and distasteful organization known as the Premier League"

"the two fans they saw as weak and easy picking will now unleash the support of a whole fanbase of 100,000+ disillusioned and angry football supporters"

"we believe as homeowners and voters we are allowed to nominate our destiny"

And Boris will laugh at this one - "when a wealthy, arrogant bully tells you not to do something, then in my book you do it twice as much, and twice as hard"

It's fucking waffle. Fair play to anyone naive enough to think this has a chance of succeeding. But if NCSL have paid for "top lawyers" why are they still sending out badly written, cliched tripe?

It would be nice if NCSL got a lawyer, or someone less deluded than Wraith, to write their letter to Boris. Heres some snippets:

"unless you have been there and shared the uniqueness of the place and its people with their unrivalled characters then it may be difficult for you to understand the fighting spirit that Geordies possess"

"myself and a fellow director received a solicitor's letter from the most unscrupulous and distasteful organization known as the Premier League"

"the two fans they saw as weak and easy picking will now unleash the support of a whole fanbase of 100,000+ disillusioned and angry football supporters"

And Boris will laugh at this one - "when a wealthy, arrogant bully tells you not to do something, then in my book you do it twice as much, and twice as hard"

It's fucking waffle. Fair play to anyone naive enough to think this has a chance of succeeding. But if NCSL have paid for "top lawyers" why are they still sending out badly written, cliched tripe?

Surprised there's no mention of the Magna Carta

It's f***ing waffle. Fair play to anyone naive enough to think this has a chance of succeeding. But if NCSL have paid for "top lawyers" why are they still sending out badly written, cliched tripe?

More unsubstantiated nonsense from you Sean, you claim Wraith wrote this on their behalf.

Where’s your proof of this, also are you still claiming they lied in regard to self funding ?

Easy to criticise while you sit on your arse.

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Swing it, shake it, move it, make it....