Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's ironic that that god awful letter to the Prime Minister actually reads like a rambling, incoherent Boris Johnson speech.

And now I think they’ve done it on purpose and in fact it is backed by the legal team and nick the baker is a genius.

Boris is now sitting there thinking ‘these people speak my language, I must help my people’  :lol:

Oh Joey if your going to be churlish and criticise other people for being incoherent, you need to make sure your spot on yourself.

I would have thought some of the other highly intelligent posters on here who have criticised NCSL would have picked you up.

That "that that" repetition is an infelicity that that author might have avoided with a bit of rewording so that that "that that" juxtaposition never found its way into print.

Four words in before you f***ed up yourself. Amazing. :lol:

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/08/this-and-that.html

Difference is I don’t criticise others like your good self.

Except that that's ( ;) ) exactly what you did do. :lol:

You claimed the letter was a ramble and incoherent, then proceeded to write a sentence that was incoherent.

Now that is that.

Except my sentence wasn't incoherent at all, was it? Whereas the letter was undoubtedly all over the place, and your rant about me pointing that out was littered with grammatical errors.

What's your link to the group here then? You clearly have one. What is it?

What what joey lad ?

Daft replies eh, because you've no answer. O0

I’ve already said your sentence was incoherent, but I’ll repeat it again for your benefit. You do seem to like repeating things after all.

You did, but repeating something which is incorrect doesn't make it correct. Doing it whilst littering your own post with grammatical errors just makes you look stupid too.

Anyway, back on track with the thread, what is your link to this group you so vehemently defend? The vast majority have been critical of the letter, why not you?

I usually couldn’t give a s*** about grammatical errors on a message board, however it clearly got under you’re skin which i think is great.  :lol:

Oh and I’ve made my views on NCSL abundantly clear over last few pages. So you can shove your questions up your arse, in the nicest possible way of course.

It's all gotten very RTG in here, do people have to start watching their letterboxes soon, marra?

Might be a good time for some of you to step away from their computer and take a deep breath. It's all a but shite at the moment, what with lockdowns, shite football, Bruce, no takeover on the horizon, but maybe let's not take it out on each other. We all want the same thing when it comes to NUFC.

I would be less concerned about how embarrassed you are about a letter some of our fans sent to the PM and more about the petty arguments you're publicising on here.

It's all gotten very RTG in here, do people have to start watching their letterboxes soon, marra?

Might be a good time for some of you to step away from their computer and take a deep breath. It's all a but shite at the moment, what with lockdowns, shite football, Bruce, no takeover on the horizon, but maybe let's not take it out on each other. We all want the same thing when it comes to NUFC.

I would be less concerned about how embarrassed you are about a letter some of our fans sent to the PM and more about the petty arguments you're publicising on here.

Spot on, it's pathetic the argument about this. Everyone should within reason accept some else's point of view, rather than attack it.

Like a bunch of kids arguing over nothing.

Spot on, it's pathetic the argument about this. Everyone should within reason accept some else's point of view, rather than attack it.

Says you

Says you

What's that supposed to mean ?

Guest reefatoon

We seem to be getting a little lost in this thread here. Can we get back to watching two grown men arguing over spelling.

It seems NUFC twitter and Newcastle online have gone off the scale the past 24 hours. :lol:

This takeover (or lack of it) has really taken it's toll.

NUFC twitter truly is a shitshow though. So many characters, so much attention seeking

Saw people attacking that lawyer woman for daring to question the accuracy of the letters legal points. I think someone posted her place of work and some other details. People need to get a grip.

Guest reefatoon

Their is know need for that

Seeing as you're correcting grammar at the moment. :lol:  There is no need for that.  ;D O0

Damn, that went right over your head didn’t it. Go back and read the few posts before it.