Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Ashley's silence is deafening

Thats a key point i feel.

If it was in trouble or had been rejected ashley or barnes wouldve said something, leaked something. Something that would further their own interests.

Agreed. Combined with the fact that bishop would feel he would have to release something. From all accounts (well, journos who know him) he isnt smart enough to think saying nothing would be a possible strategy in the event of it folding. He would need to be seen to be doing something, to show he was earning his pennies.

Guest chopey

I just remembered the letter the NUST didn’t release to the fan base from the Premier League to open a professional dialogue with them. How’s that working out?

The letter that wasn't a publicity stunt, but they felt the need to publicly announce they sent it?  :lol:

Well yes - you don't engage a leading football law barrister to make legal arguments on your behalf in favour of something - and then when he tells you that releasing copies of letters would undermine his correspondence and their impact rendering the exercise pointless- just ignore him and release it all for a few likes on Twitter.

Maybe not but do you agree it's done more damage than good to NUST

No. The world doesn't revolve around the angry people on Twitter.

I thought it was a very professional way to approach them, I'm a member of NUST and if it was done in my name I 100% support it.

I just remembered the letter the NUST didn’t release to the fan base from the Premier League to open a professional dialogue with them. How’s that working out?

The letter that wasn't a publicity stunt, but they felt the need to publicly announce they sent it?  :lol:

Well yes - you don't engage a leading football law barrister to make legal arguments on your behalf in favour of something - and then when he tells you that releasing copies of letters would undermine his correspondence and their impact rendering the exercise pointless- just ignore him and release it all for a few likes on Twitter.

i wasn't aware it was causing or had caused any damage to NUST.  As a member i was perfectly happy with the approach the board took.

It was a serious question though. Has it been of benefit?

It was a serious question though. Has it been of benefit?

It might have benefited NUST, which was surely the aim. Theres no chance its actually going to affect the outcome.

How can you oppose an appeal??

Apparently the 9 clubs weren't opposing the appeal itself, they were opposing any potential application by Man City to compete in the CL pending the outcome of the appeal. All academic in the end as appeal was heard before the end of the 19/20 season.

Fuck knows why other clubs get a say in it though, or why on God's green earth we decided it affected us and we needed to get involved.

I reckon all the delays are because the questions to the buyers have to go through the club. Just Charnley sat there with his drinking bird toy pressing the delete key while he polishes his helmet

Why can't it be done via a meeting :lol: set aside a week or so.

Contacting the club to go through the lawyers to get to the buyers is a piss take.

The lawyers must be loving this entire long steamy shit show

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2908b67c5df377c4bf5866c80f8e4825a565ec5047&rid=giphy.gif

Greg, man. why get involved. if only people knew what you'd actually done for the fans of this club over the years.

Guest Howaythetoon

Greg, man. why get involved. if only people knew what you'd actually done for the fans of this club over the years.

If Greg is involved in NUST which I‘m not a member of personally, I guarantee he’s the man (and a few just like him) you’d want having a key role in an organisation representing the supporters of Newcastle United whether you’re a member or not because the likes of Greg besides being an obviously very intelligent man and therefore brings with him a higher level of intelligent thinking, both laterally and vertically to the table, he’s also a very articulate man who can converse, articulate, debate and talk in public, on radio, on TV, or express in words an intelligent message or point of view across to print and social media.

But that’s not what makes him credible or makes him (and again others like him) so crucial to a NUST and indeed the club itself in terms of any meaningful and positive future mutual co-operation together ever standing a chance of lasting, or indeed the ordinary supporter like me, what makes him so credible and by being involved in NUST that more so too, is that unlike so many so-called fans involved, part of or running fan led groups or fan orientated platforms the likes of Greg have no ego to feed, a business or product or service to punt, a name to make, fame to claim or any other agenda or self serving interest be their own or others.

A Greg gets involved because it’s his club, he wants to serve the best interests of his club and his fellow fans in the way any self respecting fan would in whatever way they can or could and if Greg can do that the way he can, has and wants to, again, that’s who I’d want in there. Not a Wraith, a fucking dentist, True Faith, The Mag, Mick Martin, some YouTube personality or some other person who supporting Newcastle United is a job if they are going to do, want something out of it, want paid and ultimately get their cheque from the fans who for our money get some gob shite like Steve Wraith as our spokesman and publicity stunt mock funerals instead of SackPardew, AshleyOut, or one fake supporter trust after another and the kind of fan forum even Charnley is overqualified to be sat on and in reality something beneath even he.

This!  O0

So have the NUST established any sort of dialogue with the Premier League? Again, this isn’t a being an arsehole type question, just interested if there actions have been of benefit.

So have the NUST established any sort of dialogue with the Premier League? Again, this isn’t a being an arsehole type question, just interested if there actions have been of benefit.

The response would have been similar to what Ian Mearns got yesterday. As for dialogue, as per the conditions of O and D test they wouldn't be able to!