Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Im still of the opinion it'll go through.

Im not itk before anyone asks.

When its done - there will be books and documentaries written about it, the complications, the diplomatic channels, the government influence, the human rights angle, international trade, the chancers and fakers, the fans, jounalistic opinion etc etc etc etc etc etc.

It'll be a fun read and i think we'll see just how complicated its been to buy our 'little northern club'.

Anything other than this takeover and I’m done with the club.

I'll be done with football. Except my unwatched and ignored 24/7 streaming of BeIN which I'll be doing purely out of spite.

Maybe its just the inescapable fact that MBS is toxic and the PL can afford to have a few dodgy businessmen owing clubs but they cant afford to have a murderer as head of what would become their flagship club

Mansoor is the deputy Prime Minister and as such could be regarded as the head of state when the Prime Minister is out of the country.  For all we know he could have ordered the deaths of any number of people who were actively opposed to the state.

Granted this is unsubstantiated supposition on my part, but the only difference is that MBS was caught out, and lets not overlook that this is what heads of state do, granted its usually based upon intelligence and/or military advice, whatever that might have been in the case of Khashoggi, but I recall a certain Barak Obama sat in the incident room in the White House with a nice cup of coffee watching a Seal team execute Osama Bin Laden on his orders, does that make Obama a murderer?

Not that he would want to, but I can't see the EPL refusing to allow him to buy an EPL club on that basis, can you?

Anyone thinking that Saudi won't walk away from this deal for fear of being embarrassed will be very disappointed. Changing an entire governments' policy just to yield to a fucking foreign sporting body would be infinitely more degrading in their eyes; the 17m is pennies in the grand scheme of things and they will not be happy with being made to jump through all these hoops for something that is relatively insignificant to them.

Agree.. it's over.

Good grief !!!

The opposite of the reality. None of our three new owners will give up on this.

Even more so now, after all this crap they've been made to go through.

It is simply, as always, a matter of WHEN.

(as you know, I thought this would be yesterday, ah well . . . )

You don't have a clue and are just spouting your opnion based on a finger in the air guess.

You really need to stop, so much false hope created on nothing more than thin air.

Cheers Pal

I think AB is correct to say “Well, what about Man City?”

I guess the difference is that our would-be owners are antagonising the rights holder around the time of the takeover, so Qatar is flexing its muscles. Did they have such a motivation to stop the City takeover at the time?

Maybe its just the inescapable fact that MBS is toxic and the PL can afford to have a few dodgy businessmen owing clubs but they cant afford to have a murderer as head of what would become their flagship club

Mansoor is the deputy Prime Minister and as such could be regarded as the head of state when the Prime Minister is out of the country.  For all we know he could have ordered the deaths of any number of people who were actively opposed to the state.

Granted this is unsubstantiated supposition on my part, but the only difference is that MBS was caught out, and lets not overlook that this is what heads of state do, granted its usually based upon intelligence and/or military advice, whatever that might have been in the case of Khashoggi, but I recall a certain Barak Obama sat in the incident room in the White House with a nice cup of coffee watching a Seal team execute Osama Bin Laden on his orders, does that make Obama a murderer?

Not that he would want to, but I can't see the EPL refusing to allow him to buy an EPL club on that basis, can you?

Nap time for you son.

Just like the people declaring it's over every five minutes then.

No not really, there basing it on the very few leaks and negative news snippets, WTO reports Murder fiances and every twat that wants this to fail along with the fact that a 4 week process is now heading into week 16+

I'll be done with football. Except my unwatched and ignored 24/7 streaming of BeIN which I'll be doing purely out of spite.

:lol: love this.

Guest reefatoon

well some sort of plan for the new season has to be in place regardless of any takeover

Why? There has never been a plan the other 13 years. Wing it every time.

I lost interest in the club the moment Rafa left and replaced by bacon head. I have been uninterested in games. I lost count of how many matches that I skipped to watch and only knew of the results well after full time. No emotion of a win, draw or loss. This takeover fails, and we're stuck with bacon head, I will be even more less interested than I was this season.

Getting to this point myself, unfortunately. From Bournemouth onwards I barely paid any attention to our games. Usually despite safety/end of season I still get a feeling, but that feeling in my gut is fading. We're an aimless club, quite literally here to make up the numbers. We've a few decent players in Saint-Maximin, Miggy & Dubravka but we're the most boring team in the league to tell the truth. Our fanbase is dulled, atmosphere at St James' doesn't exist and hasn't for approaching 10 years, football in general is shite these days and not worth the attention we all habitually give it.

Just like the people declaring it's over every five minutes then.

No not really, there basing it on the very few leaks and negative news snippets, WTO reports Murder fiances and every twat that wants this to fail along with the fact that a 4 week process is now heading into week 16+

There have been virtually no leaks throughout that proved to be correct. All we know is the structure of the proposed consortium,  the existence of the deposit and that it's with the Premier League. You could arguably add the involvement with of the Government to that.

There's as much, if not more reason to be positive as there is to be negative.

Annoying thing is I was so positive I’d assumed it’d be done and dusted by transfer window opening. New manager. Exciting new signings appearing in the new pumaless kit.

Fuck all has happened and looks like more of the same even worse. It’s so miserable and can quite easily see how it can affect mental health. I just turn my attention to my 6 month old baby and other stuff but fuckin hell its so depressing

The clarification of hierarchy is now widely-reported enough for me to believe, unlike a lot of past negative developments which seem to be one journalist with a Qatari source.

So I believe this is the obstacle. Then again, shouldn't this one be easy to solve? As a novice, I'd have thought so.