Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So deal expired with Mike.

Mike said, pay me more.

PIF said no.

The league basically allowing this all to happen by taking an absolute eternity to approve the deal; in the end, they never had to.

Sounds fairly likely to me.

The most annoying thing is that the PL will never have to explain or be held accountable for how long it took.

So exclusivity was a big deal after all!

Not individually, obviously there was a cutoff clause in the contract to allow Ashley to pull out after X months and he's chosen to renegotiate.

PIF aren't playing but you have to assume Ashley has another option up his sleeve to bin them off....

Stavley saying she wont give up btw

where's this from?

Already said....Jim White on talksport said he has just spoken to her and she said it "get it out there we won't give up!". 

Really got to hand it to Bishop on this one, hooked a lot of people. Just ... what can you say when you're up against a world class puppetmaster like that? *slow, standing clap alone in apartment*

Not the time mate.

Guest neesy111

I also think Ashley has already done a deal with the American.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

Guest godzilla

Massive victory for Penn and Richard Keys. We have been put back in our place and Steve Bruce will be bouncing over to top 6 club managers next season to congratulate them on being so fabulous.

It's not about some forum victory you goofball - it was pure, blind, uncritical optimism to think this deal was ever getting approved. Saudis vs Qataris and you think the PL are siding with the group that have stolen from them on an industrial scale over the side that's put hundreds of millions in their pockets? Time for some on here to reflect why they couldn't see what was staring them in the face.

I'm deleting my account now so don't care but can I just be the first to say fuck of you absolute cunt and I hope you have years with Ashley you prick

Guest chopey

Stavley saying she wont give up btw

where's this from?

Jim White on Talksport, he says she rang him about 15:45

Dont think Ashley would have fucked it tbh. The deal was good for him, as much as I hate him I dont think its on him.

Clearly PIF havent passed the PL tests and there was no way of doing so in their eyes so they've withdrawn to save face. The PL wont need to comment either.

The most gut wrenching thing is the investment into the local area now gone. Would have been good for the region without doubt.

Guest neesy111

Massive victory for Penn and Richard Keys. We have been put back in our place and Steve Bruce will be bouncing over to top 6 club managers next season to congratulate them on being so fabulous.

It's not about some forum victory you goofball - it was pure, blind, uncritical optimism to think this deal was ever getting approved. Saudis vs Qataris and you think the PL are siding with the group that have stolen from them on an industrial scale over the side that's put hundreds of millions in their pockets? Time for some on here to reflect why they couldn't see what was staring them in the face.

I'm deleting my account now so don't care but can I just be the first to say fuck of you absolute cunt and I hope you have years with Ashley you prick

That's no way to go on.  You won't be missed.

I also think Ashley has already done a deal with the American.

That’s the only reasonable scenario atm.

If the American pulled out later Ashley will approach Staveley again. Mark my words.