Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's so deflating, because you just know there's no one else coming in for us. There never was. It's such a missed opportunity, man. Yes, I'd rather we weren't funded by Saudi state wealth, but the loss of the potential investment in the club, in the city, that we'll never see now is a punch in the gut.

We'll never truly know what went on (or didn't go on) throughout this process, but I'll happily lay the blame at the feet of Ashley, the parasitic cunt. Anyone who goes back when crowds are allowed seriously needs their head checking, if they didn't already.

I was devastated when Rafa left and I thought I was done until this shit pulled me back in, and now it feels even worse. No fucking point in having any hope whatsoever. This club was dying before but this is a new level..

Ehhh, makes you wonder how committed to investing they were if they've pulled the plug anyway. Obviously the PL have been a disgrace in how long they've taken to make a call on this - but I can't help but feel that if these guys were going to push us on as a club, they would've stuck in there more than a few months. It's not like waiting it out was costing them significant money, so the "global uncertainty" line suggests that the desire to fund once the sale went through may not have been there anyway.

They clearly didn't have the confidence that the deal would ever be approved either way.

Ran out of time and Ashley f***ed them by demanding more for the same asset is my guess mate.

The Saudi will feel pretty insulted by the way they have been treated honestly.

Everywhere they go, the red carpet is rolled out. They won’t take a private members club poking around in the countries affairs well imo

They haven't exactly made it easy for the Premier League to accept it, like. We risk painting the Saudis as the plucky heroes who were fucked over by the evil Premier League here, whereas the reality is that they managed to do just about everything possible to shoot their own bid in the foot at almost every possible turn. It was an incredibly difficult deal to accept for the PL that not only ran the risk of alienating their long-term partners but was also seriously morally questionable from the start. I don't buy this "if it was any other club" stuff either.

The only people that have been fucked over here are the fans, who have been dragged through this shite - not only by the Premier League, but by the consortium themselves who clearly weren't prepared or adequately positioned to go through the process of purchasing a club from the very start.

Don't believe for one second they've pulled out because it's took too long like.

They might well have. Don't you think they might have better things to spend their billions on?

So did the premier league approve it only for Ashley to ask for more money? Mental if so.

No - dragged it on beyond the terms agreed which dictated when the completion was required. When that expired, Ashley wanted a new deal/renegotiation. That's how it reads to me.

If you think back to the PL leak earlier this week, that was clearly a shout to get it done before deal expired.

FUCKING PRICKS.

Could only happen to this club. At least it’s over. I’m starting feel relief already after the initial kick in the nads. I walked away for several months last season, I can easy do it again, this time though nothing is bringing me back.

Massive victory for Penn and Richard Keys. We have been put back in our place and Steve Bruce will be bouncing over to top 6 club managers next season to congratulate them on being so fabulous.

So deal expired with Mike.

Mike said, pay me more.

PIF said no.

The league basically allowing this all to happen by taking an absolute eternity to approve the deal; in the end, they never had to.

So deal expired with Mike.

Mike said, pay me more.

PIF said no.

The league basically allowing this all to happen by taking an absolute eternity to approve the deal; in the end, they never had to.

Exactly this.

If the PL did there job promptly this would've been done.

Also shows Caulkin knew fuck all about 'exclusivity' or drop dead dates.