Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So basically, what PIFs statement is saying is they've been dicked around for so long they've decided to ditch it. I blame the prem for this, should never have taken this long. How very typically Newcastle United.

It’s absolutely insane that this would happen

Have to put in a rule disallowing countries from owning football clubs to avoid this happening again. Feel sorry for the people who got their hopes up

Yeah, we desperately need reform of football club ownership. Things that mean this much to communities shouldn't be the playthings of random billionaires, it's completely wrong.

It obviously won't happen of course.

I'm not so sure they're even random, anymore. Lots of politics involved in a lot of them.

Even though this felt the inevitable it is still a kick in balls.

Surely if PIF/PCP are nervous about future investment as well nobody else will bother.

Never mind lads we have the defacto Manager of the Season in charge.

I am so, so sorry I put all my info about this on Twitter last night rather than on here. Big mistake 😩

Is it safe to say that between the PL's dithering and Ashleys greed (after terms expired) that's what killed it GM?

I am so, so sorry I put all my info about this on Twitter last night rather than on here. Big mistake 😩

So that’s it then? No chance they’ll return?

No chance they'll deal with Ashley again mate nor the fat cunt will deal with Staveley either, much to Puke's delight.

Ehhh, makes you wonder how committed to investing they were if they've pulled the plug anyway. Obviously the PL have been a disgrace in how long they've taken to make a call on this - but I can't help but feel that if these guys were going to push us on as a club, they would've stuck in there more than a few months. It's not like waiting it out was costing them significant money, so the "global uncertainty" line suggests that the desire to fund once the sale went through may not have been there anyway.

They clearly didn't have the confidence that the deal would ever be approved either way.

Have to put in a rule disallowing countries from owning football clubs to avoid this happening again. Feel sorry for the people who got their hopes up

And thereby cementing the Top 6 forever.

1 of which is owned by a country

Guest neesy111

Ehhh, makes you wonder how committed to investing they were if they've pulled the plug anyway. Obviously the PL have been a disgrace in how long they've taken to make a call on this - but I can't help but feel that if these guys were going to push us on as a club, they would've stuck in there more than a few months. It's not like waiting it out was costing them significant money, so the "global uncertainty" line suggests that the desire to fund once the sale went through may not have been there anyway.

They clearly didn't have the confidence that the deal would ever be approved either way.

Yeah the sounding of that statement makes it look like it was an investment rather than sports washing with $$$'s.

Its not just the EPL's fault this, its all those who wrote and ran campaign against it, for many different reasons, they are responsible for not just the club but the whole city missing out in a once in a life time opportunity to gain a game changing investment.

Ran out of time and Ashley fucked them by demanding more for the same asset is my guess mate.