Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

What the fuck is he thinking like, Ashley that is. What could make him think in the last 4 months he could hike the price up?

He's either taken a massive gamble for the lols or does have another buyer surely?

The world economy is about to collapse ffs :lol:

Won't be wasting weekends watching football anymore, or contributing to the 'product' in any way. Better things to do in life than this unnecessary emotional rollercoaster.

I could live with an emotional rollercoaster

but not this flatlined hopeless lobotomy that's rigged to fail from the start. I mean, how can you invest in that. That some people still will - emotionally and financially is also just too pathetic to be associated with.

And however shitty and sanctimonious the PL have been, they WERE going to approve it. Had approved it even, I believe.  That’s what I was trying to tell Twitter last night. But as soon as the exclusivity ran out, MA saw the opportunity to pocket the 17 million and an extra 50 million from the American.

Well well well...

If the PL hadn't dragged their heels he wouldn't have been in a position to  PL got their way simple as that Qatar happy and all PL big guns will be getting the champagne out

What the fuck is he thinking like, Ashley that is. What could make him think in the last 4 months he could hike the price up?

He's either taken a massive gamble for the lols or does have another buyer surely?

The world economy is about to collapse ffs :lol:

Staveley seems to be putting it at the Premier League’s door.

And however shitty and sanctimonious the PL have been, they WERE going to approve it. Had approved it even, I believe.  That’s what I was trying to tell Twitter last night. But as soon as the exclusivity ran out, MA saw the opportunity to pocket the 17 million and an extra 50 million from the American.

Are you mates with masters? This contradicts AS statement that no timescale was given?

I’m devastated of course. I thought it was my way back into supporting NUFC again full time. I’ve missed it since I gave up my ST six years ago.

However, I think I’m more devastated about the way they’d invested into the city. The city could have been an exciting hub of investment and opportunity. Let’s face it, we’re not going to get it off the Government, especially when the economic fall out begins to hit in the next few months. This deal could have changed the face of our city and the region.

Reading that the Reubens has been donating to the a West End food bank makes it all the more upsetting.  :undecided:

One day we’ll get the club we deserve. It could be a bumpy ride - much worse than we’ve experienced in the last 13 years.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I could see that from your tweets.

He's got very greedy if it's true (which I believe you and your source).

I can see the Saudi's being very unhappy and not taking any shit if they saw they were being played by MA.

So do you believe it's this Mauriss chancer GM?

I believe it. But why had they not approved it by now? That’s what’s most frustrating as we all know what Ashley is like.

Yeah, I could see that from your tweets.

He's got very greedy if it's true (which I believe you and your source).

I can see the Saudi's being very unhappy and not taking any s*** if they saw they were being played by MA

Saudis will be fuming about the way they have been treated I’m sure of that.

Do you know who ”the American” is? Do you think a deal could be close?

Guest reefatoon

Well Masters first dealings with a takeover went well, turning a 4 week process into a 4 month process. Hats off to the useless cunt.

So Ashley has gone and agreed £350m with the unknown Americans then? Or is he looking for £350m now?

Clutching at a massive pile of straws but could them pulling out be trying to force Ashley to accept the initial bid?