Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Petition just passed 50,000, some going that.

Yeah tremendous just think it needs some more traction in media now ie sky, bbc, talkshite etc.

Staggered none of our ex-players have shared it on twitter.

Gillespie has.

I should have added, that I've seen. The likes of Shearer, Rob Lee, Tino, Nobby etc

Rob Lee retweeted something earlier.

"'If they want this back on they're going to have to go back to the Premier League and say this isn't fair'"

I think she needs to explicitly expand on what she thinks is unfair. That they wont give an answer, that they are asking too much from KSA government, that they said no etc

She won't because she's a flat out liar.

People still thinking they might come back in - if she does it'll be another long, failed affair.

Reubens just need to buy it, put a competent person in charge, surrounded by a knowledgable football support team, and let it run itself.

Reubens and staveley take it over and then suddenly our primary sponsor is PIF for a record amount of money every year.

Yes, Reubens and Staveley as owners and PIF as a major sponsor.

Shirt sponsor, advertising at SJP and namingrights on a new trainingground.

"'If they want this back on they're going to have to go back to the Premier League and say this isn't fair'"

I think she needs to explicitly expand on what she thinks is unfair. That they wont give an answer, that they are asking too much from KSA government, that they said no etc

People still thinking they might come back in - if she does it'll be another long, failed affair.

Jog on son.

Aye right. A flat out liar who managed to get the investment fun of Saudi Arabia to be willing to inject about half a billion into the club and area. A lair who helped sell Man City to another Middle Eastern investment fund.

The only reason this has failed is because of the Premier League. Had they done their job properly and the takeover went through, you would be singing her praises.

I want this to happen as much as the next fan (obviously excluding Sean) but I just feel it's at a dead end. The Premier League might come out tomorrow and give valid reasons why it hasn't proceeded, let's be honest all the potential problems have been discussed at length over the past 3 months. Then what happens?

Yeah tremendous just think it needs some more traction in media now ie sky, bbc, talkshite etc.

Staggered none of our ex-players have shared it on twitter.

Gillespie has.

I should have added, that I've seen. The likes of Shearer, Rob Lee, Tino, Nobby etc

Wouldn't expect Shearer to given he works with / for the premier league  :lol:

Boring now like.

What an utter imbecile you are. Is it just Staveley you don't like or just women in general. How's she a liar now?

She's the only person that's came out and let us know what has happened. If she's a liar why haven't the PL called her out on this 'lie'.

Bet you haven't even read her interview have you? Already formed your opinion on fuck all haven't you.

At worst it may sway the consortium into trying again seeing the backing they have.

That's optimistic. It's awesome folk are doing something, but it'll amount to nothing.

You seriously giving someone else jip for being optimistic? :lol:

The Mauriss deal would get us closer to better owners than keeping Ashley now that the Saudis bid is done. And by that I mean any good owners will find it easier to buy from Mauriss than Ashley.

That’s based on absolutely nothing other than surely he can’t be as thick skinned and difficult to deal with as Ashley surely.

Mauriss isn’t interested nor Hans the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.

That's a shame, i like the sound of Hans the Funds.  Good Welsh name for a rich lad.

:lol:

Daily Stars on it, it’s a start

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-fans-demand-premier-league-22458774.amp

Daily Stars on it, it’s a start

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-fans-demand-premier-league-22458774.amp

Cheeky bastards quoting me in that.

I’m starting to get the impression that they haven’t actually pulled out of the deal at all but are using this as a way to apply pressure on the Premier League, be that government pressure, fan pressure, or the prospect of a legal challenge. It is a bold bluff, but I guess if they feel like there is nothing left to lose, then they are in a no lose position.

I’m starting to get the impression that they haven’t actually pulled out of the deal at all but are using this as a way to apply pressure on the Premier League, be that government pressure, fan pressure, or the prospect of a legal challenge. It is a bold bluff, but I guess if they feel like there is nothing left to lose, then they are in a no lose position.

Probably haven't. Seller still wants to sell, buyer still wants to buy and the PL hadn't (yet) rejected it. They simply took forever in a successful attempt to let the problem fade away.

Guest reefatoon

Sean absolutely hates women

This is ironic considering who was supposedly taking over.

And it’s killing you inside that they haven’t put her in her place. The fume is radiating out of you.

I’ve been that way since an hour after it all came out. One big last roll of the dice. If it doesn’t happen after all this has come out and external pressure is applied, then it wouldn’t ever Have happened and they’ve lost nowt either way. What it’s done is shake up the status quo.

If this was true then the mackems would be on suicide watch so soon after their xmas morning.

Jog on son.

Aye.

He's an boring cunt.

Only seen this comment as you quoted it.

Absolute sad act.

I’ve been that way since an hour after it all came out. One big last roll of the dice. If it doesn’t happen after all this has come out and external pressure is applied, then it wouldn’t ever Have happened and they’ve lost nowt either way. What it’s done is shake up the status quo.

Yeah I have always had a thought that since they said they still want it to happen, that theirs more to it. The more we hear of it, the more I’m convinced that they are still in the same position behind the scenes and have only just changed the public face of it. I think if it did go our way then there would be no positive headlines until we got a statement saying the deal has been completed out of the blue.

Yeah I have always had a thought that since they said they still want it to happen, that theirs more to it. The more we hear of it, the more I’m convinced that they are still in the same position behind the scenes and have only just changed the public face of it. I think if it did go our way then there would be no positive headlines until we got a statement saying the deal has been completed out of the blue.

If they’re putting pressure on by changing public face, they’ll be doing twice as much in private. Nailed on there’s been dialogue between KSA and uk government over this, the results of that are yet to come imo.

Gloves are off. This simply isn’t over.

But couldn't the PL just say they don't need to come to a conclusion because PIF made it public they have pulled out of the deal? What would be the point of continuing with it anyway