Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

More completely "made up" rubbish.

The situation remains as i outlined it a few posts back, and will remain that way until we actually hear (are told) the final result.

Nothing to (pretend to) report until then.

You are literally pretending there is still talks going on. Nothing whatsoever points to that being the case

Can't you see??

I am not "pretending" anything at all, I'm not 'understating' anything, I'm not 'overstating' anything . . at all!

Until Ashley and / or Staveley say it is dead, it is (obviously) still ALIVE.

It can't be anything else!!

Dude, what are you on about? :icon_scratch:

You are beyond denial :doh:

I hope you are trolling...

What are you saying all that for, did you not read my post.

There is NO (amongst other things) "denial"

Just waiting to hear some one (a real person involved in this, Staveley or Ashley) actually say it is dead or it has happened.

It has to be one or the other.

Nothing has been said yet, by anyone who knows / matters.

Just wait!

When is this clown getting banned? Has continually posted nonsense about the takeover definitely happening throughout this whole thing despite having no clue what is going on.

It was funny at the start now it's just annoying.

I am only stating facts, and you know that I am.

Yes, I used to be "optimistic" and supported all the other optimists who thought it was about to happen at various points. I will (if you like) 'apologise' for my earlier over-enthusiasm.

But, I would prefer it if you stopped the silly insults, read my posts (just the last one if you like) and tell me what I have said that isn't factual? Since Staveley asked for our support, neither she nor Ashley has said the deal has happened or is dead.

See?

But PIF have said the deal is dead. Staveley isn't buying it on her own.

If people need to believe something is still ongoing to keep a bit of hope during these depressing times, then so be it.

Nobody knows - the same journalists reporting it is now definitely off, are the same journalists who didn’t even know about the deal until the end, and then had fuck all clue throughout the whole shit show. It’s not torally inconceivable for it to still be happening.

It’s also totally bizarre that PIF/PCP/Caulkin/Reubens/Ashley have all gone into complete silence about it. Caulkin isn’t one to take the piss either and his recent comments are interesting.

My ‘source’ (I use the term lightly) who was telling me after the withdrawal that the deal was still on, is also now completely silent - despite me trying to get info. Fwiw, they’re on MA’s side of the deal.

Maybe nothing is happening, maybe Staveley is attempting to find other backers, maybe the’re trying to use the Saudi money through a different route, maybe they’ve completely given up, maybe a new offer will come in from someone new... Who knows. But to lambast people for believing it might happen, pointing to the ‘evidence’ in the media, is nonsense. When the same media have been proven time and time again to know the square route of fuck all..

Correct, everyone is now silent, that is how it always should have been, but that is how it is now and it will remain that way until a decision is reached.

We just need to WAIT.

:lol:

On the list you go, WUM.

If people need to believe something is still ongoing to keep a bit of hope during these depressing times, then so be it.

Nobody knows - the same journalists reporting it is now definitely off, are the same journalists who didn’t even know about the deal until the end, and then had fuck all clue throughout the whole shit show. It’s not torally inconceivable for it to still be happening.

It’s also totally bizarre that PIF/PCP/Caulkin/Reubens/Ashley have all gone into complete silence about it. Caulkin isn’t one to take the piss either and his recent comments are interesting.

My ‘source’ (I use the term lightly) who was telling me after the withdrawal that the deal was still on, is also now completely silent - despite me trying to get info. Fwiw, they’re on MA’s side of the deal.

Maybe nothing is happening, maybe Staveley is attempting to find other backers, maybe the’re trying to use the Saudi money through a different route, maybe they’ve completely given up, maybe a new offer will come in from someone new... Who knows. But to lambast people for believing it might happen, pointing to the ‘evidence’ in the media, is nonsense. When the same media have been proven time and time again to know the square route of fuck all..

Correct, everyone is now silent, that is how it always should have been, but that is how it is now and it will remain that way until a decision is reached.

We just need to WAIT.

Cheers manorpark, even if it's all bollocks you cheer me up no end.  There are some right miserable barstewards on here.

Thanks mate, nice to read a friendly comment!

Aye calling people miserable barstewards is the height of friendliness

Another thing to consider unless the deal gets done in the next week and a half why would they want to buy a team with a squad destined for the relegation with no way of changing it till at least January. Especially in the current climate.

I’d wish nothing more than manor park to be right but realistically the deal is dead. It’s heartbreak but be realistic

We just need to WAIT.

Cheers manorpark, even if it's all bollocks you cheer me up no end.  There are some right miserable barstewards on here.

4ddab9.jpg

We just need to WAIT.

4ddab9.jpg

:lol:

The media are clueless and behind on a lot of it, the last 5 months should have shown that.

The only one who got close was GC, and he’s remained tight lipped and hasn’t ruled out the deal still going ahead.

To me the pulling out thing followed by later statements by both the buyers and Ashley in the short time frame didn’t add up to the deal being actually over and did seem to be a tactic to get things going.

I said it a little while back, having the fans believe the deal is dead for them to be working on it in peace with no real time limit suits pretty much every party involved in the deal.

Things just don’t add up for it being truly over. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but I do believe they will be working on it in the background. It might take weeks or months for it to be worked out, and come to a conclusion one way or another.

Finally, I don’t think Staveley will give up on buying us now, with or without PIF.

That will go straight over the sheep's heads!  Thick as f*ck they are!

I don’t get it.

The argument was that they were able to buy large shares in those companies without the media causing an uproar and calls for boycotts of those services and people to speak out again it.

Them selling shares in those companies doesn’t take anything away from that arguement.

I don’t get it.

The argument was that they were able to buy large shares in those companies without the media causing an uproar and calls for boycotts of those services and people to speak out again it.

Them selling shares in those companies doesn’t take anything away from that arguement.

I think the most telling thing is that they're selling the shares. That completely adds up to the statement about why the pulled out of buying us due to the economic downturn or however they described it.

There's every chance they can come back to the table as they clearly won't be scrapping their 2030 vision. Just maybe delaying it.

But anyway, the only way they can get us is after the PL giving them the nod and I just can't see that happening anytime soon,if at all.

I thought it was common knowledge that this was dead and buried?

This is Ashley saying hurry up. This leak makes absolutely no sense if all parties have already moved on after the Saudi withdrawal.

Think it's also interesting that it's come from the PA and not one of the National rags that Ashley usually leaks to.

This is Ashley saying hurry up. This leak makes absolutely no sense if all parties have already moved on after the Saudi withdrawal.

Think it's also interesting that it's come from the PA and not one of the National rags that Ashley usually leaks to.

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a shit if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a shit if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

I don't think it is as black and white as you paint it, for many people (including myself).

The way I view it is:

- Mike Ashley is evil and is making the club I support shit (I suspect if MA was a Saudi prince, he'd be just as evil as MBS)!

- MBS is evil but will make the club I support not be shit!

So, in either case I have someone who is evil owning my club.  But, at least the Saudi option will make it enjoyable to be a NUFC supporter.

Guest reefatoon

I don’t think I will ever stop being angry about this whole thing. We have had this utter cunt taking the piss out of the club for nearly a decade and a half. We finally get in a position where he is a willing seller, with buyers wanting to transform the club and area. This was no sideways step, this was a huge step forward with exciting times ahead. It was all there, ready to happen finally, you could feel the excitement coming back. Only for it to be completely shit upon by an organisation who under these tests are supposed to be looking out for the clubs best interests. It’s fucking mind blowingly frustrating and infuriating. We won’t ever get a chance like this again, yet Masters and his merry band of muppets have decided Mike is what’s best for Newcastle, so pipe down and get on with it. Fucking utter cunts the lot of them and shove your shit 6 team league right up your arses.

I don’t get it.

I think the most telling thing is that they're selling the shares. That completely adds up to the statement about why the pulled out of buying us due to the economic downturn or however they described it.

There's every chance they can come back to the table as they clearly won't be scrapping their 2030 vision. Just maybe delaying it.

But anyway, the only way they can get us is after the PL giving them the nod and I just can't see that happening anytime soon,if at all.

They bought most of those shares during the economic downturn, they will have sold them now because their prices have risen which means they can cash in for a quick profit. There will be plenty of companies they have bought shares in during the economic crash where they will retain the stock for longer periods. They have also reinvested that money elsewhere in other stocks and shares.

Wise words mate

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a s*** if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

The point being, why leak/release something like that if it was dead as is the wide held belief?

Doesn't make sense.

The rest of what you put is probably accurate but not the point I'm making, I'm not even sure why you're making that point tbh.

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a s*** if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

The point being, why leak/release something like that if it was dead as is the wide held belief?

Doesn't make sense.

The rest of what you put is probably accurate but not the point I'm making, I'm not even sure why you're making that point tbh.

Depends if he has released/leaked it or it's just made up paper talk.

Doesn't make sense.

Depends if he has released/leaked it or it's just made up paper talk.

From the PA? But more pertinently, what's the point if it's dead? If it's to sell papers then the rags would be running with all sorts, they know they have a blank cheque with this as it is.