Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Good news - The legal team are very, very positive. 

The not so good news - This is still a long, long way off.

By long, long way off is this because they expect to go to court? Or do they expect to settle outside?

Legal team trying to avoid that, not because they don’t think they won’t win more down the talks progressing in their favour.

Doesn’t think the outcome is happening anytime soon though. (Won’t be this side of 2020)

Good news - The legal team are very, very positive. 

The not so good news - This is still a long, long way off.

By long, long way off is this because they expect to go to court? Or do they expect to settle outside?

Mimmsy’s ITK status just took a massive dent.

Righto

The problem, as ever, is that as long as the PL don’t formally reject there is nothing they can do. The PL argue the ball is in the buyer’s court. If they won’t budge this could last forever.

Yeah. From the outside, the PL seem like an immovable object. The buyers were very positive before and it came to nothing.

Can only hope that the legal team have found a way.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Sean would be so angry, it’d be hilarious.

‘HOW CAN WE BELIEVE STAVELEY? SHE’S NOT SIGNED ANYONE IN THE FIRST 24 SECONDS!’

‘CAULKIN TELLS LIES, PASS IT ON’

Take a step back from things for a moment and look at some cold hard facts from the last 48hrs

1. Ashley’s lawyer posted a photo on twitter with various items that could be connected to NUFC, unknown if this is a coincidence

2. Two forum posters with a good ITK track record said they heard some positive steps had been taken

3. Ashley’s helicopter and several private aircraft arrived in Newcastle yesterday.

Whilst all could be coincidence or we are being led along by the PL again there is enough there for people to be optimistic. Going into conjecture here:

1. Bruce’s meltdown last week - seemed to come out of nowhere really. Could it have been that he’s been told that prospective owners have been monitoring his performance and aren’t pleased?

2. All coincides with the closure of the transfer window. Why is this significant? I believe this is the longest the PL could have delayed us without going to court. In this situation the PL could argue to the other 19 clubs and BEIN that they couldn’t legally stop us, but they did manage to prevent the new owners from having access to an unusual window where clubs needed to sell players and at same time are immune to FFP restrictions.

All logical, and realistic.

Excellent summary.

Logical and realistic are 2 words that never apply to James' posts  :lol:

Ha ha, I don't know about that . . but they certainly both apply to this one !!

Sorry, but you've shown your hand here. Not disputing there is action behind the scenes but that is the wildest of conjecture and if you see it as logical and realistic then you're on the wind up  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Be done by middle of November this :thup:

I thought you said you had someone who works at PCP who said it was over?

Not heard a peep since, nothing, which I’m taking as a good thing and positive :thup:

If this isn’t concluded by January 2021, I’ll donate 500 to food bank on behalf of everyone on here/N.O I’m now back to being confident, but I’m trying to find out more but again, everything seems locked down in terms of info which again, I‘m taking it as a good thing and something positive :thup:

What does the Saudi finance minister have to do with it? Genuine question as I thought one of the "reasons" the PL refused to approve it was that they didn't believe that PIF were separate from KSA. I did read the other night about his plane and potentially the minister himself being in Newcastle.

Come to say they have nowt to do with PIF.

Thought about it too. I assume the legal documents weren't enough. Not that the PL ever seemed interested in approving it, at least not at the time. Hopefully they are forced to do it soon.

But yeah, also what Neesy says. Not sure that proves anything, maybe even in the other direction. Fuck knows.

What does the Saudi finance minister have to do with it? Genuine question as I thought one of the "reasons" the PL refused to approve it was that they didn't believe that PIF were separate from KSA. I did read the other night about his plane and potentially the minister himself being in Newcastle.

The minister of finance is on the board of PIF.

The ministry of finance plane landed in Luton, not Newcastle. Coincidentally, the same plane landed in Luton shortly before the consortium were apparently expecting a positive decision from the PL back at the beginning of September.

Guest neesy111

"Mr. Finance Minister, what if any, is your involvement in PIF?'

"What is this PIF that you speak of"

"Ok, that's it.  Thanks for popping over everyone.  Cheers!"

:lol:

Y3DuvMh.jpg