Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If that's proof he's correct then the meeting this week could be about PIFs position in the oil industry and the champagne getting opened could be from Staveley's new vineyard she's buying. Very flawed logic

He’s not said anything there that Premier League owners and executives won’t be saying directly to the Premier League tomorrow.

They all voted for it (Leicester aside) and are now worried because their fans have turned their backs on it and will all be trying to say they never wanted it.

Our fans were the most documented and possibly the driving force behind other fans turning their backs in PPTV, this is an easy good PR move by Ashley who has tried to act the good guy in recent months.

Mimms intel spot on then. :thup:

To be fair Mimms is scarily accurate. The club rarely makes a statement and he’s predicted 2 in a row. The fact he’s now telling us to make room in the fridge is enough for me.

Absloutly this. He said weeks so we need to #wait

Think he’s just goading the PL isn’t he? A bit of petty revenge.

Must be. Considering he's got the gall to release such a statement while he continues to take season ticket money, too, its obviously not actually about the fans. :lol:

Mimms intel spot on then. :thup:

To be fair Mimms is scarily accurate. The club rarely makes a statement and he’s predicted 2 in a row. The fact he’s now telling us to make room in the fridge is enough for me.

Aye, that statement was worth throwing £40 worth of food out and replacing it with 8 fosters

This is the same owner who hasn’t yet refunded direct debit payments made by Newcastle fans in respect to unused season tickets for 20/21.

Shameless.

No doubt Mimms has a source predicting. After saying he wasn’t going to be posting owt yesterday after a bit of questioning of his reliability as a source he’s then gone all in with saying he expects positive news and #cans. My take is maybe knew the statement was not takeover related but decided to imply it was and going further re : #cans in a bit of a 2 fingers to those that doubted him.

Hope I’m wrong.

Regarding the takeover.

I stick by my original hope that, as hard as it is to be kept in the dark, I would still rather not hear anything about it until its locked in and complete.

Felt like last time once the cat was out the bag, too many outside influences managed to get their ore in to help fuck it up.

I really appreciate Mimms and his info, if it proves correct, because it has helped keep the hope alive. But I don't want any leaks to the press or anything to appear until its impossible for anything to stop the deal. 🤞

As much as I dislike Edwards and his antagonistic comments, I agree that this doesnt sound like a man who is close to leaving!

Why does he give a  :gm's patter:

Is this all Mike Ashley’s statement or was there input from elsewhere ?