Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It looks coordinated to me.

Nick DeMarco retweeted it.  Mehrdad Ghodoussi retweeted it.  Jamie Reuben retweeted it.

The actual letter (not the fans waffle), sounds like the procedural starting point for a legal challenge.  I'd hazard a guess there's some strategic significance to it in coming from a third-party.  Just me guessing again (no lawyer), but there may be more weight/validity to their case since they're fronting (never heard of them) as an affected party (e.g. the fans).  And perhaps being involved in that course of action prevents those challengers from other legal actions, freeing up DeMarco to hoof them in the balls from another direction.

Any good lawyer would have done their checks regarding other upcoming legal action being prepared that they can join with and or piggy back so I would imagine the fan movement has the blessing of those involved

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.

Customers are able to engage in legal action if it affects their costs or the quality of the product.

Promising stuff but the presence of this weird Consortium Fan Group thing has got me absolutely baffled. Has it been constructed by the legal teams themselves, for some reason? Why would they do that?

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.

Customers are able to engage in legal action if it affects their costs or the quality of the product.

The letter isn't persuasive in that regard, then, as it doesn't establish either of those.

Before today my ITK ranking was:

1. Ando07 - very specific ITK but up to now infallible

2. GolfMag - clear access to interesting people who can provide useful context, but is only ever able to report on one mans version of events

3. Mimms - interesting stuff has a ring of plausibility to it but needed to have something pulled off to confirm this.

Safe to say Mimms is now number one.

The letter isn't persuasive in that regard, then, as it doesn't establish either of those.

They clearly talk about it read it again

Before today my ITK ranking was:

1. Ando07 - very specific ITK but up to now infallible

2. GolfMag - clear access to interesting people who can provide useful context, but is only ever able to report on one mans version of events

3. Mimms - interesting stuff has a ring of plausibility to it but needed to have something pulled off to confirm this.

Safe to say Mimms is now number one.

This may be the highlight of Mimms year mate.

Promising stuff but the presence of this weird Consortium Fan Group thing has got me absolutely baffled. Has it been constructed by the legal teams themselves, for some reason? Why would they do that?

Could be that the legal team know just how powerful twitter can be. They want somewhere that puts pressure on the PL without doing it on their own twitter accounts, it would look quite unprofessional for De Marco to suddenly start tweeting publicly about how bad the PL are 🤷‍♂️

They clearly talk about it read it again

I did read it. Page 7. Not persuasive that the supporters group is being harmed.

Fan-led action, so essentially it means absolutely f*** all then  :lol:

Liam Kennedy has been a joke throughout this takeover, shamelessly stringing along fans for months

He’ll be back on Steve Wraith’s show again now

You literally couldn’t be more wrong about every statement you’ve just made.

That wasn’t the first time DeMarco saw that letter, let’s say he may have had an input in a lot of it. Ignore the fan led action bit as it really isn’t.

Kennedy probably knows the most out of any journo regarding this (that includes Caulkin)

Convinced you’re Liam Kennedy now, but I digress

So another new fan group has surfaced to push this action, can you explain why then it is associated with the same individuals, (Gordon Stein is named on the letter) who were involved with the ridiculous fundraising appeal ‘WorFund’? A complete scam, ludicrously asking for £500k for legal fees

Why would they ask for this money, if they were then going to take this action anyway?

At least you can take part in Wraith’s show tonight, I see he’s already hawking it as an ‘exclusive’.  :lol:

FOOTBALL FANS HAVE HAD ENOUGH! Today we fight for our takeover. The talking is over. Newcastle fans are fed up with the EPL dictatorship trying to control who buys NUFC.
can only imagine this was typed up while wearing a che guevara tee with shearer's face on it.

:lol: :lol:

8d245fac34ea1bfc9b7d624b4083acef.jpg

:lol: :lol: