Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm really not trying to upset anyone but genuinely, lads, the idea that this takeover is still in some way a going concern is completely in your heads. Literally nothing out there has pointed to the idea that the consortium still exists and is pursuing the takeover. It's complete fantasy stuff. Why are you doing this to yourselves? On some level you must know you're setting yourselves up for more guaranteed disappointment? It's honestly really bewildering and sad at this point. Please just wake up.

Please.

Please.

This guy.

Incredible timing  :lol:

Fan-led action, so essentially it means absolutely f*** all then  :lol:

Liam Kennedy has been a joke throughout this takeover, shamelessly stringing along fans for months

He’ll be back on Steve Wraith’s show again now

You literally couldn’t be more wrong about every statement you’ve just made.

That wasn’t the first time DeMarco saw that letter, let’s say he may have had an input in a lot of it. Ignore the fan led action bit as it really isn’t.

Kennedy probably knows the most out of any journo regarding this (that includes Caulkin)

I dont know why, but even though I do like George, l always felt he didn't really have much to go off, it always just felt like a guy trying to comfort fans rather than having some solid news.

Caulkin has played his part in the takeover saga, like. No question about it. Staveley has engaged the fans through him. And in terms of reporting, he's only reflected what the buying side have told him. He hasn't been 'wrong' - the buyers have.

So there is scope for confusion here, the papers served to the PL alleging violations of anti-competition are official and from... NUFC, the buyers, both?

And the angry rant from a fans group is separate and coincidentally timed?

So whilst this is all very interesting, we're a loooong way from "make some room in the fridge".

I'd hoped we'd see that the PL's attitude to the deal had changed, something which would indicate there was a real chance of this going through. Instead the PL seem still opposed to it and determined not to let it through, and so whilst like all of us I hope this is eventually works out in our favour, nothing has fundamentally changed. :(

So there is scope for confusion here, the papers served to the PL alleging violations of anti-competition are official and from... NUFC, the buyers, both?

No, the papers served on the PL are from the 'fans group', however, that action appears to be backed by the buyers.

It could be that the club and buyers are actually behind it but it's legally expedient to have the action brought by a third party for some reason.

I find this quite interesting.

Strong worded letter, basically underlines the legal challenges the PL have to overcome in case of a court case.

The ingenious thing is the let it be from a fans group. Leavening all involved parties (buyer/seller) out of the case at this stage. (on paper)

When pushing comes to shove both the seller and buyer can launch independent cases against the PL to ramp up pressure and drain resources.

Seems like this will be an coordinated attack from all angles eventually.

Definitely coordinated. Slowly cornering the EPL. This initial letter is just the stalking horse before it gets taken to court. If they need to go that far.

So whilst this is all very interesting, we're a loooong way from "make some room in the fridge".

I'd hoped we'd see that the PL's attitude to the deal had changed, something which would indicate there was a real chance of this going through. Instead the PL seem still opposed to it and determined not to let it through, and so whilst like all of us I hope this is eventually works out in our favour, nothing has fundamentally changed. :(

The same guy who said the statement was coming said it might be a few weeks until completion. The statement (of sorts) has arrived, so why would you choose ignore the rest of what he’s said?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this will not force any takeover through. Cue angry responses from the usual suspects on here..

Mimms, Ando and Money Mike Ashley (yes, genuinely) are the three real ITKs here.

Someone might have pointed this out before but Money Mike Ashley follows only one on twitter; a PR agency called KBA (Keith Bishop Association). Under their clients they list both Newcastle United and Sports Direct: https://www.kbapr.com/clients/

:whistle:

In fact, a lot of the brands listed are owned by Mike Ashely (Frasers Group).

How I wish I was this far behind.

[I'm going to take a stab in the darkand say this will not force any takeover through. Cue angry responses from the usual suspects on here..

Wish someone would  :D

Guest reefatoon

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this will not force any takeover through. Cue angry responses from the usual suspects on here..

tumblr_inline_mn2uakmUb01qz4rgp.gif