Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t understand the meaning of all this.

It’s not Ashley and the consortiums legal challenge as it doesn’t include the lawyers they are using, yet it is a unnamed group of supporters who are making this challenge which has been applauded and possibly approved by Ashley and the consortium and may contain them within this group.

So it’s not their legal challenge, but it is their legal challenge, and it may not be a legal challenge but a way to put pressure on the Premier League.

However in the background their own legal challenge is going ahead bit so are constructive talks with the Premier League.

It’s not Ashley and the consortiums legal challenge as it doesn’t include the lawyers they are using, yet it is a unnamed group of supporters who are making this challenge which has been applauded and possibly approved by Ashley and the consortium and may contain them within this group.

So it’s not their legal challenge, but it is their legal challenge, and it may not be a legal challenge but a way to put pressure on the Premier League.

However in the background their own legal challenge is going ahead bit so are constructive talks with the Premier League.

It’s all coordinated.

You sum it up perfectly.

You sum it up perfectly.

I dont know what it all means but its providing more interest and excitement than Brucie ball has ever done!

It’s all coordinated.

Especially the section that alludes that buyer talks with the EPL can continue whilst legal pressure on the EPL is ramped up.

It’s all coordinated.

Especially the section that alludes that buyer talks with the EPL can continue whilst legal pressure on the EPL is ramped up.

Its double penetration  :celb1:

It’s all coordinated.

Well if PIF join in too, it might just make the whole thing airtight.

There’s nothing in any of those pages that hasn’t been discussed on here at length. Just phrased a bit more fancy. A lot of it is hearsay, whether true or not. (Most likely true but they are hardly going to provide evidence that incriminates themselves)

My take is the consortium don't have grounds to take the PL to court as it's still technically under review and hasn't been rejected, however a 3rd party taking them to court would expose the legal frailties of the PL's position which leaves them in the situation of having their hand forced into a decision, or to have their dirty laundry aired out in public.

It’s confusing but I think it’s clear mimms knows more than any of us and he is saying make space for cans and that more good news is only a few weeks away. Hope he’s right

You do know you can buy cans any day of the week, right? You can even get them delivered to your home.

It’s confusing but I think it’s clear mimms knows more than any of us and he is saying make space for cans and that more good news is only a few weeks away. Hope he’s right

You do know you can buy cans any day of the week, right? You can even get them delivered to your home.

Aye ok. We both know what he was referring to

There’s nothing in any of those pages that hasn’t been discussed on here at length. Just phrased a bit more fancy. A lot of it is hearsay, whether true or not. (Most likely true but they are hardly going to provide evidence that incriminates themselves)

My take is the consortium don't have grounds to take the PL to court as it's still technically under review and hasn't been rejected, however a 3rd party taking them to court would expose the legal frailties of the PL's position which leaves them in the situation of having their hand forced into a decision, or to have their dirty laundry aired out in public.

There are legal safeguard preventing you from incriminating yourself and handing over evidence that does so.

There are legal safeguard preventing you from incriminating yourself and handing over evidence that does so.

Sure they cant just walk in and ask them for it but if this ever goes to court they'll just order them to release what ever documents they need to make a decision.

Fan-led action, so essentially it means absolutely f*** all then  :lol:

Liam Kennedy has been a joke throughout this takeover, shamelessly stringing along fans for months

He’ll be back on Steve Wraith’s show again now

You literally couldn’t be more wrong about every statement you’ve just made.

That wasn’t the first time DeMarco saw that letter, let’s say he may have had an input in a lot of it. Ignore the fan led action bit as it really isn’t.

Kennedy probably knows the most out of any journo regarding this (that includes Caulkin)

Convinced you’re Liam Kennedy now, but I digress

So another new fan group has surfaced to push this action, can you explain why then it is associated with the same individuals, (Gordon Stein is named on the letter) who were involved with the ridiculous fundraising appeal ‘WorFund’? A complete scam, ludicrously asking for £500k for legal fees

Why would they ask for this money, if they were then going to take this action anyway?

At least you can take part in Wraith’s show tonight, I see he’s already hawking it as an ‘exclusive’.  :lol:

Why so bitter? Interesting.

What are those legal safeguards Stiffy?

I find it odd that this fan led stuff is being backed by MA, retweeted by Jamie Reuben, Staveleys husband and alot of journalists.

On the face of it, it looks fairly benign but if it has the financial backing of some big hitters then it can only be a good thing.

It doesnt suggest at all that a takeover is close though. The opposite in fact.

I find it odd that this fan led stuff is being backed by MA, retweeted by Jamie Reuben, Staveleys husband and alot of journalists.

On the face of it, it looks fairly benign but if it has the financial backing of some big hitters then it can only be a good thing.

It doesnt suggest at all that a takeover is close though. The opposite in fact.

:thup:

As I understand things:

There are two parallel legal cases, one of which is Ashley and the other being funded by the buyers but fronted as a supporters group.

The intention of releasing this letter is that the premier league will receive legal advice off the back of it suggesting the letter is in fact correct.

When the 'big' case moves forward the PL will then attempt to settle.

It’s all coordinated.

A 2 M ?