Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Howaythetoon

Deal is 100% dead, we will go though this again and again until Ashley sells however as that’s the only certain thing right now is that he 100% wants to sell. PL are corrupt as f*** and are 100% at fault here, that’s me done with football outside of my son’s team, the ‘Heed and maybe Newcastle BlueStar. Oh and England who I quite like under Southgate. I’ll be renewing my 50 quid per year IPTV sub happily, f*** SKY, BT, Amazon et al. f*** the Pl, f*** MA, f*** his NUFC and the moron fans who have allowed him to remain here for over a decade and f*** the media and everyone else involved in this s*** state of affairs Tommy :thup:

Are you done with this forum too. Your 100% it is done, this will be done, 3pm announcement on Fridays were so tedios.

Next Friday 3.00pm I may or may not decide to be done with this forum.

This OD test is far too stringent.  Let's say it was passed and MBS then starts meddling in issue regarding nufc.  All the EPL has to do is disqualify the club from membership of the EPL.  Sorted

Almost nobody fails it so it's not that stringent :lol:

It's easy to say it from fucking Bulgaria but there must be a strong reaction from the fans. For one last time.

That's a huge decision that affects the well-being of the whole region - taken by a committee that lacks the expertise to make a decision like this. The "test" has never previously scrutinised another bid for even a quarter of the duration. And of course - the scandalous lack of transparency and the very valid concerns of unjust Qatari influence and yes, CORRUPTION.. I'm sure Richard Masters and the rest of the board know very well what they've done.. There must be some sort of independent audit and heads must roll for this!

The Ashley years have us all completely worn out but it would be good to at least sign off in style with a large protest. Fuck the Premier League! Fuck Ashley! Fuck BeIN, Qatar and fucking MBS!

Oh, and fuck the so-called media and anybody whose job is to cover the club professionally.. hopeless amateurs the lot!

The league is corrupt and rotten to the bloody core. still raging over this and not sure I’ll ever get over it. We finally had it - we finally had a buyer ready to free us from Ashley and Ashley finally agreed to it - we had a buyer paying all cash and wanted to invest enormous sums in the club and region in this global pandemic. There was going to be job and wealth creation. We finally had it ffs and some group of people and a dozen clubs stopped it for their own self interests. It’s sickening man. What’s the point in football if this is really what it all boils down to?

:clap:

Couldn't agree more. Now that it's just starting to sink in, I feel sick to my stomach about it. Right now it feels like our club may never get an opportunity like this again.

Guest reefatoon

Hey mr reporter, this is really just a negotiating tactic, but please don’t put it in your paper ok, wink wink.

Its obviously not a negotiating tactic no-one negotiates like that.  If someone comes to you house selling something you don't want, them walking away is not something that is going to displease you

Guest reefatoon

So when we play Liverpool and spurs at SJP any takers that there wont be any hot water for showers !!!

I want to see ridiculous levels of pettiness, like banning their owners from the directors box. If they want in, they can buy a f***ing ticket in the away end the c***s. We were going to be hated by everyone after the takeover went through anyway, might as well just be utter twats to the lot of them.

I really hope the Saudis now become a constant thorn in Premier Leagues side, at the very worst they won’t be broadcasting bein there for 2 years, and at the very best BeoutQ will make a welcome return bigger and more wide spread than ever.

So what happens if the offer isn't ever actually withdrawn from the PL? Do they still have to make a decision?

Just because its been reported in the press and a statement has been released does that automatically tell the PL to stop looking at the takeover?

Guest reefatoon

f***ing hell, I wonder how many days in a row I'm gonna wake up thinking about this and feeling nauseous. :lol:

God it's so, so gutting, man.

Totally agree mate. Woke up this morning full of hell and totally pissed off with it all. The FA cup can royally fuck off later too.

It's easy to say it from fucking Bulgaria but there must be a strong reaction from the fans. For one last time.

That's a huge decision that affects the well-being of the whole region - taken by a committee that lacks the expertise to make a decision like this. The "test" has never previously scrutinised another bid for even a quarter of the duration. And of course - the scandalous lack of transparency and the very valid concerns of unjust Qatari influence and yes, CORRUPTION.. I'm sure Richard Masters and the rest of the board know very well what they've done.. There must be some sort of independent audit and heads must roll for this!

The Ashley years have us all completely worn out but it would be good to at least sign off in style with a large protest. Fuck the Premier League! Fuck Ashley! Fuck BeIN, Qatar and fucking MBS!

Oh, and fuck the so-called media and anybody whose job is to cover the club professionally.. hopeless amateurs the lot!

The league is corrupt and rotten to the bloody core. still raging over this and not sure I’ll ever get over it. We finally had it - we finally had a buyer ready to free us from Ashley and Ashley finally agreed to it - we had a buyer paying all cash and wanted to invest enormous sums in the club and region in this global pandemic. There was going to be job and wealth creation. We finally had it ffs and some group of people and a dozen clubs stopped it for their own self interests. It’s sickening man. What’s the point in football if this is really what it all boils down to?

Couldn't agree more. Now that it's just starting to sink in, I feel sick to my stomach about it. Right now it feels like our club may never get an opportunity like this again.

God almighty :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

f***ing hell, I wonder how many days in a row I'm gonna wake up thinking about this and feeling nauseous. :lol:

God it's so, so gutting, man.

Yeah I still keep imagining what it would be like had this been given go ahead, the excitement levels across Tyneside would be crazy.

I still keep hoping this is final throw of dice, and behind the scenes intermediary’s are working to come to an agreement. Unfortunately I think this is just wishful thinking and the PL are sitting there very content with how this has worked out. They probably even knew the deadline the deal expired and they have completely manufactured this outcome.

It’ll always be my club, however I also don’t think I’ll ever get over this or want anything to do with PL again.

So nothing new being reported? Nobody chasing Staveley for what comes next?

This is definately getting the 'This will blow over' treatment, especially from the PL who have said fuck all, disgusting from them but they aren't at all accountable for their actions.

So nothing new being reported? Nobody chasing Staveley for what comes next?

This is definately getting the 'This will blow over' treatment, especially from the PL who have said f*** all, disgusting from them but they aren't at all accountable for their actions.

I think PCP are hoping Ashley unleashes his lawyers now, I definitely think he’s our only hope of some movement at this point. Unless PCP can provide some evidence to suggest they’ve been misled by PL, and want to sue them for the 17 million they’ve all lost.

I agree it's all on Ashley now. PCP are gone and not coming back.

Everything depends on whether Ashley can negotiate a deal with another buyer which I think is highly unlikely.

'He's here forever' has never sounded so relevant.

The only thing I'm certain of now is Ashley does want to sell.

Might be a bit daft but I really do think he wants out.

I think that is the only positive after all this, but I reckon he will be as stubborn as ever regarding his asking price even if he is desperate for money.

We shouldn't hold on to the prospect that this takeover will be revived and it wasn't right Ashley and Staveley raised the idea that it could its just not going to happen. Reading an article in The Chronicle today PIF are not wallowing in self pity that the deal is dead they have other clubs they are interested in and it will likely be easier for them to buy them.

There won't be a new owner at Newcastle until next summer at the earliest or at least until we are certain to stay up next season. It must have taken months for the Saudi Arabia takeover to be agreed with Ashley so no matter how much interest there is in buying Newcastle there is just not enough time to get it done and to influence things in the transfer market.

God almighty :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Sickening.

This is why I couldn’t give two fucks about any other takeover, despite everyone in the world saying stuff like “you got what you wanted”. To have the carrot dangled in front of us before being snatched away is fucking shocking, for no reason other than the PL sucking up to them corrupt cunts Qatar as well.

I don’t think I’ll get over it tbf, will always feel like we’ve been robbed as a club and a city of key investment from people that genuinely want to make a difference.

Despite the prize of this takeover and everything Staveley was bringing with her, I'm still very much in the 'anyone but Ashley' camp. I'd very happily take a club that just tried; any new owner with his intentions would provide that, they don't have to be backed to the hilt with Saudi wealth.

A slightly more optimistic take is that Ashley is desperate to leave, so there's an argument that we're closer to change than we were 12 months ago.

I agree it's all on Ashley now. PCP are gone and not coming back.

Everything depends on whether Ashley can negotiate a deal with another buyer which I think is highly unlikely.

'He's here forever' has never sounded so relevant.

Bold to predict we’ve heard the last of PCP - Staveley will be scrounging for new investors already.

PIF are gone and gone, probably from English football for the foreseeable. It’s easy to imagine them buying an Italian or Spanish club, or even Marseille or Lyon to crush the everloving shit out of PSG.