Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I find the social media bombardment hilariously petty mind.

I loved the sports direct offensive as well. It's obviously a futile attempt but they will absolutely hate their worldwide image getting torn to shreds everytime they post.

Who do we think will be the first journo / media figure to plea with the fanbase to "support the team", "the lads need your support more than ever!" etc.

Pete Graves for me

Puke Edwards will be begging us to support his fat cunt mate.

I loved the sports direct offensive as well. It's obviously a futile attempt but they will absolutely hate their worldwide image getting torn to shreds everytime they post.

Exactly. It won't achieve anything but it is hilariously petty and clean social media image is absolutely vital for the PL, so carry on lads.

Guest reefatoon

Same here, making me chuckle.

Finally got this off my chest earlier on when my lass pestered me to find out what was wrong with me, and ashamed to say I broke down in tears. Not the defiant image we should be upholding at this point so I sought to remedy that by dropping the Premier League a (futile) message on their website.

"The Premier League are still yet to comment on the record about the failed takeover but those at Newcastle are now kicking on with planning for the new season to ensure that Steve Bruce's side is equipped to survive the drop."

There it is ladies and gents, the ambition, the future.

Guest reefatoon

Think I’d forgive Ashley for 13 years of s*** if he withdrew us from the Premier League.

Would really enjoy the chaos this would cause. Mike is petty enough to do something like that too.

Think I’d forgive Ashley for 13 years of shit if he withdrew us from the Premier League.

At this point I'd absolutely love to see a colossal shake up which would see the elite finally fuck off into some Euro Super League, which would see the big boys leave and take their overlords from the current authority with them. Let the rest of us just crack on and enjoy life without the crippling 'know your place' agenda, while the likes of Tottenham are scrabbling around looking for points at the bottom of their swanky new Eliteasaurus.

It’s clear as day now that the Premier League is a closed shop that only exists to benefit the current top 6 teams and that they don’t want anyone else upsetting that particular applecart. Probably because the PL itself is a money making gravy train who are shit scared that the top 6 break away and form a superleague thus cutting off their revenue streams. So they’ll do anything to keep the top 6 happy.

Corrupt fucks.

Finally got this off my chest earlier on when my lass pestered me to find out what was wrong with me, and ashamed to say I broke down in tears. Not the defiant image we should be upholding at this point so I sought to remedy that by dropping the Premier League a (futile) message on their website.

Rest assured that you are not the only person who has been physically upset by this development.  Many have been hanging onto the beacon of this takeover whilst enduring the COVID-19 pandemic.  With the takeover's collapse many are feeling lost and without something positive in their lives.

As a diagnosed anxiety sufferer, I have found this takeover collapse a real blow to my mental health - switching regularly between rage and hopelessness.

Stay strong, we're on this journey with you.

"The Premier League are still yet to comment on the record about the failed takeover but those at Newcastle are now kicking on with planning for the new season to ensure that Steve Bruce's side is equipped to survive the drop."

Fucking hell, where's that from?

Think I’d forgive Ashley for 13 years of shit if he withdrew us from the Premier League.

At this point I'd absolutely love to see a colossal shake up which would see the elite finally fuck off into some Euro Super League, which would see the big boys leave and take their overlords from the current authority with them. Let the rest of us just crack on and enjoy life without the crippling 'know your place' agenda, while the likes of Tottenham are scrabbling around looking for points at the bottom of their swanky new Eliteasaurus.

I listened to this the other day and I really enjoyed it. They talk about this a lot.

How easy it would be? God only knows.

https://pod.link/1494785197/episode/QnV6enNwcm91dC00NzQwNzAx

tenor.gif