Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I still don't understand why MBS didn't put the pressure on Boris earlier? Surely if we need SA so much it wouldn't take much effort getting him involved.

Because MBS probably isn’t directly involved in this. PIF yes and I’m sure he takes credit for their successes but that’s all down to Yassir Al-Rumayyan.

Ok fair enough, but surely at the stage we're at now he's obviously aware of what's going on it wouldn't be hard for him to get in contact with Boris and have a discussion.

Then again I know fuck all about politics.

I still don't understand why MBS didn't put the pressure on Boris earlier? Surely if we need SA so much it wouldn't take much effort getting him involved.

Because MBS probably isn’t directly involved in this. PIF yes and I’m sure he takes credit for their successes but that’s all down to Yassir Al-Rumayyan.

Ok fair enough, but surely at the stage we're at now he's obviously aware of what's going on it wouldn't be hard for him to get in contact with Boris and have a discussion.

Then again I know fuck all about politics.

If he did get involved wouldn't that be playing into the hands of the PL who were basically accusing PIF of being the State?

The govt should definitely be taking an interest in a deal that would have seen millions of foreign investment into the local economy.

In a post Covid era where job losses in the north East will be increasing, this investment would have provided a significant boost.

On so many levels we’ve been fucked over, our only long shot is now legal action from Ashley. If he is desperate to sell and let’s face it he’ll never get 300 million in the current climate, he might just pull the trigger and unleash the lawyers.

The govt should definitely be taking an interest in a deal that would have seen millions of foreign investment into the local economy.

In a post Covid era where job losses in the north East will be increasing, this investment would have provided a significant boost.

On so many levels we’ve been fucked over, our only long shot is now legal action from Ashley. If he is desperate to sell and let’s face it he’ll never get 300 million in the current climate, he might just pull the trigger and unleash the lawyers.

The vile Tories couldn’t give two fucks about us up here unfortunately.

Only applies to public institutions, or private ones carrying out public duties i thought? Premier League is not a public sector institution

Correct.

The only avenue for appeal would, I imagine be CAS. Problem is, you can't launch an appeal if they don't make a decision.

*insert Eddie Murphy gif here*

The guy tapping his head? That isn't Eddie Murphy

Its Alain Goma.

Deal is 100% dead, we will go though this again and again until Ashley sells however as that’s the only certain thing right now is that he 100% wants to sell. PL are corrupt as f*** and are 100% at fault here, that’s me done with football outside of my son’s team, the ‘Heed and maybe Newcastle BlueStar. Oh and England who I quite like under Southgate. I’ll be renewing my 50 quid per year IPTV sub happily, f*** SKY, BT, Amazon et al. f*** the Pl, f*** MA, f*** his NUFC and the moron fans who have allowed him to remain here for over a decade and f*** the media and everyone else involved in this s*** state of affairs Tommy :thup:

Are you done with this forum too. Your 100% it is done, this will be done, 3pm announcement on Fridays were so tedios.

Deal is 100% dead, we will go though this again and again until Ashley sells however as that’s the only certain thing right now is that he 100% wants to sell. PL are corrupt as f*** and are 100% at fault here, that’s me done with football outside of my son’s team, the ‘Heed and maybe Newcastle BlueStar. Oh and England who I quite like under Southgate. I’ll be renewing my 50 quid per year IPTV sub happily, f*** SKY, BT, Amazon et al. f*** the Pl, f*** MA, f*** his NUFC and the moron fans who have allowed him to remain here for over a decade and f*** the media and everyone else involved in this s*** state of affairs Tommy :thup:

Are you done with this forum too. Your 100% it is done, this will be done, 3pm announcement on Fridays were so tedios.

His predictions are like his steak.

The vile Tories couldn’t give two fucks about us up here unfortunately.

Spot on, people old enough just need to recall back to the 80's and what they done to the north east.

The bunch are even worse aswell

It's easy to say it from fucking Bulgaria but there must be a strong reaction from the fans. For one last time.

That's a huge decision that affects the well-being of the whole region - taken by a committee that lacks the expertise to make a decision like this. The "test" has never previously scrutinised another bid for even a quarter of the duration. And of course - the scandalous lack of transparency and the very valid concerns of unjust Qatari influence and yes, CORRUPTION.. I'm sure Richard Masters and the rest of the board know very well what they've done.. There must be some sort of independent audit and heads must roll for this!

The Ashley years have us all completely worn out but it would be good to at least sign off in style with a large protest. Fuck the Premier League! Fuck Ashley! Fuck BeIN, Qatar and fucking MBS!

Oh, and fuck the so-called media and anybody whose job is to cover the club professionally.. hopeless amateurs the lot!

The league is corrupt and rotten to the bloody core. still raging over this and not sure I’ll ever get over it. We finally had it - we finally had a buyer ready to free us from Ashley and Ashley finally agreed to it - we had a buyer paying all cash and wanted to invest enormous sums in the club and region in this global pandemic. There was going to be job and wealth creation. We finally had it ffs and some group of people and a dozen clubs stopped it for their own self interests. It’s sickening man. What’s the point in football if this is really what it all boils down to?

d8f67cdf668892f4861d1be34bc0a074.jpg

Now the dust has settled and there’s seemingly no more information coming out, how utterly depressing is this? After the anger and disappointment the reality of where we are and what we’ve lost has sunk in now.

Now the dust has settled and there’s seemingly no more information coming out, how utterly depressing is this? After the anger and disappointment the reality of where we are and what we’ve lost has sunk in now.

Fear not. They’ll buy us next year when the EFL rules apply.

Guest reefatoon

Yeah agree with you here. Leaves a very bitter taste.

The league is corrupt and rotten to the bloody core. still raging over this and not sure I’ll ever get over it. We finally had it - we finally had a buyer ready to free us from Ashley and Ashley finally agreed to it - we had a buyer paying all cash and wanted to invest enormous sums in the club and region in this global pandemic. There was going to be job and wealth creation. We finally had it ffs and some group of people and a dozen clubs stopped it for their own self interests. It’s sickening man. What’s the point in football if this is really what it all boils down to?

:thup:

Guest reefatoon

I admire the optimism, but what do people think this petition will achieve. The Government aren't going to get involved in the affairs of a private company now there's no vested interest.

Well for a start it’s quite heartening to see such a fractured support group eventually pulling together, instead of people constantly in the background sniping away and belittling every little thing that is tried. Just let people have their vent and if it in some way pulls fans in the same direction then all the better. Absolutely pointless just sniping at things.

I admire the optimism, but what do people think this petition will achieve. The Government aren't going to get involved in the affairs of a private company now there's no vested interest.

Well for a start it’s quite heartening to see such a fractured support group eventually pulling together, instead of people constantly in the background sniping away and belittling every little thing that is tried. Just let people have their vent and if it in some way pulls fans in the same direction then all the better. Absolutely pointless just sniping at things.

All too often those who complain the loudest are the ones who do the least.  They're like people who complain about the government but then never vote.

It's easy to say it from fucking Bulgaria but there must be a strong reaction from the fans. For one last time.

That's a huge decision that affects the well-being of the whole region - taken by a committee that lacks the expertise to make a decision like this. The "test" has never previously scrutinised another bid for even a quarter of the duration. And of course - the scandalous lack of transparency and the very valid concerns of unjust Qatari influence and yes, CORRUPTION.. I'm sure Richard Masters and the rest of the board know very well what they've done.. There must be some sort of independent audit and heads must roll for this!

The Ashley years have us all completely worn out but it would be good to at least sign off in style with a large protest. Fuck the Premier League! Fuck Ashley! Fuck BeIN, Qatar and fucking MBS!

Oh, and fuck the so-called media and anybody whose job is to cover the club professionally.. hopeless amateurs the lot!

Great post!

Exactly how it feels.

Can't we tell the world that we don't want to be part of the corrupt Premier League and rather play in the Championship next season?

That would be bad publicity to the PL and would put pressure on them. Either they accept the takeover(not likely) or we relegate ourselfs to the Championship.

Then this takeover could go ahead and we hopfully get promoted again.

Stupid post maybe, but just a thought.

Guest reefatoon

We all know how much of a man child our owner is. He loves throwing his toys out of the pram when he doesn’t get his way, and if he is desperate to sell the club and is as devastated as he says, then it’s going to be interesting to see how petty he will get with the premier league. Bring it on.

Can't we tell the world that we don't want to be part of the corrupt Premier League and rather play in the Championship next season?

That would be bad publicity to the PL and would put pressure on them. Either they accept the takeover(not likely) or we relegate ourselfs to the Championship.

Then this takeover could go ahead and we hopfully get promoted again.

Stupid post maybe, but just a thought.

Hang fire, wait till next year and it will be reality.