Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

GC is great, IMO.  He's a fan but doesn't allow that to blind him.  Clearly, mandy was feeding him positive intel in part, perhaps, because she personally wanted the deal to go through.  How fun would it have been to have (at least) one partial owner who was emotionally invested into the club as she would have been?

That brings me to the point of asking: after her plea to the fans why hasn't she said anything at all.  Is that due to her realizing the deal is dead or is it possible that a new NDA is in effect while there is some form of negotiation going on.

For the sake of sanity, while I still check this thread often, I feel better on the assumption that it is dead, dead, dead.

:)

Absolutely no offence, but I doubt anyone on here is going to take you at face value :lol:

That tiny spark of hope is just nice though.

Rocker is the Steve Wraith of N-O.

What are you talking about, you absolute knob?  :lol:

GC is great, IMO.  He's a fan but doesn't allow that to blind him.  Clearly, mandy was feeding him positive intel in part, perhaps, because she personally wanted the deal to go through.  How fun would it have been to have (at least) one partial owner who was emotionally invested into the club as she would have been?

That brings me to the point of asking: after her plea to the fans why hasn't she said anything at all.  Is that due to her realizing the deal is dead or is it possible that a new NDA is in effect while there is some form of negotiation going on.

For the sake of sanity, while I still check this thread often, I feel better on the assumption that it is dead, dead, dead.

Absolutely no offence, but I doubt anyone on here is going to take you at face value :lol:

one for the "brutal posts" thread imo :lol:

Sorry I meant Rod.

That shit ain’t funny

He should really hold on to his info and tell everyone that he knew about it after it's happened.

That shit ain’t funny

He should really hold on to his info and tell everyone that he knew about it after it's happened.

AKA Doing-a-Steve-Wraith that.

Caulkin isn't perfect, but he really should be near bottom of the list when it comes to directing anger/criticism at the journalists that have covered it.

There's no anger intended, but criticism yes....in terms of journalism at least. He's done a very good job in getting readers/subscribers for his articles which is more than likely a part of his remit given that he works at a subscription based publication. Just saying that reflectively most of his articles were nothing more than nicely dressed up click-bait, carefully and subtlety worded so they looked like facts but were in fact just opinions.

It's an admirable talent, but totally designed to get the 'thickos' as another user put it to generate money for The Athletic. Being articulate and sympathetic to a cause does not mean you are a good journalist. Not saying he isn't, but checking sources should be the first thing to do.

I write a fair few scientific articles, and if i can't show at least one peer reviewed confirmation it's laughed out of the place before even being considered for publication. That doesn't make me a thicko, or spouting gibberish, as some have claimed, that makes me credible in my field

For me it was never about Caulkin being a good journalist anyway, I criticised him a while back on account of him being perhaps a bit too comfy with the players at the time. Might have been Steve Harper iirc, and I sometimes felt he was loathe to criticise some players because of it. But I felt he was a genuine Newcastle fan whose articles mostly reflected our feelings better than most other NE journalists even if I didn't agree with him on every specific point.

I don't really see him as the click-baity type, if he was putting out opinion that the takeover was going well, then he probably believed it IMO. And it was just opinion, I don't think he was dressing it up as fact. Perhaps he was strung along by Stavely, but again, I don't really see why Staveley is getting so much stick for hanging around. She could easily have walked away a lot sooner and left NUFC for some other investor instead of trying to cobble together deals for this club in particular. Where are these other investors anyway? If one came in then at least you could say "there you go. That's how a serious buyer does it!"

Pretend ITKs should be banned for crimes against the forum.

Requesting someone to be banned is a bannable offence.

If you see something which you feel is worthy of a ban, please ONLY use the forum's "report post" function to bring the offending post to the moderating team's attention.

Attempting to get another user banned by posting things such as "abuse! ban him!" is totally unacceptable, and will not be tolerated on this forum. This is basically the internet equivalent of a footballer waving the imaginary yellow card at a referee, and is completely unhelpful.

Breaking this rule will result in being banned for 2 days.

That shit ain’t funny

:lol: I see what you did there

No journalist covering this, has come out of this saga with their reputation undiminished, including Caulkin

Personally, I think he should at least attempt to get Staveley on the record again, considering her earlier plea to the fans to mobilize against the Premier League, which was summarily heeded. However, in response the league has since provided a more complete record of events, including alleged deficiencies in the consortium's structure and transparency.

It's clear that Caulkin is better suited than any to get Staveley to provide some finality.

No journalist covering this, has come out of this saga with their reputation undiminished, including Caulkin

Personally, I think he should at least attempt to get Staveley on the record again, considering her earlier plea to the fans to mobilize against the Premier League, which was summarily heeded. However, in response the league has since provided a more complete record of events, including alleged deficiencies in the consortium's structure and transparency.

It's clear that Caulkin is better suited than any to get Staveley to provide some finality.

The league have certainly provided a version of events, I would suggest it’s very questionable about whether they’re  true.

That shit ain’t funny

Patter

If you see something which you feel is worthy of a ban, please ONLY use the forum's "report post" function to bring the offending post to the moderating team's attention.

Attempting to get another user banned by posting things such as "abuse! ban him!" is totally unacceptable, and will not be tolerated on this forum. This is basically the internet equivalent of a footballer waving the imaginary yellow card at a referee, and is completely unhelpful.

Surely highlighting someone can be banned for requesting for someone to be banned is a bannable offence? Banception ?

Surely highlighting someone can be banned for requesting for someone to be banned is a bannable offence? Banception ?

I'm not saying you should be banned I am just stating a fact and quoting a rule.

Sorry I meant Rod.

Now don't get me involved!

I'm not saying you should be banned I am just stating a fact and quoting a rule.

Jesus man both of them were jokes ?

Which is exactly what Wraith would say  :lol:

To be fair you were always up front in passing your info on and you're exempt from any criticism in my opinion

I'm happy to play along with the 'Staveley is silent because its actually happening' conspiracy :lol: :lol:

The few days after it collapsed took me to a dark place so little crumbs will do :lol:

I think the deal is dead in the water, but it's possible that Stavely/PIF are still in talks with the PL behind the scenes. Until we hear that anything's changed though I will just assume that PIF are indeed out of the picture and Ashley is waiting for a new buyer to come in. Until then business as usual, i.e. run the club on absolute minimum investment and fingers crossed they stay up.