Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

And is Caulkin on some round-the-world cruise or something? It's a bloody long holiday.

I've heard they have The Internet in other countries now  :bluestar:

:aww:

He's started re-tweeting stuff in the last day or two, which is a couple of weeks since his last tweet, which kind of suggests he may be back from his hols. And yes I need a need a new hobby  :laugh:

:lol:

Jesus. The fucker could have just spent 15 min. on Google before regurgitatiing the nonsense he'd been fed.

Jesus. The fucker could have just spent 15 min. on Google before regurgitatiing the nonsense he'd been fed.

I see lots people have been asking about the PIF bid while I’ve been away. Let’s clarify a few things. I’m not personally invested in his bid, I’ve merely report that it's been withdrawn

Yay I'm a shit journalist

Is Mandy still actually alive?  She’s vanished as well.

Hope she didn't accept the invite to the Saudi Consulate  :naughty:

hope she didn't accept the invite to Sean's house for a chat with a fans representative

And is Caulkin on some round-the-world cruise or something? It's a bloody long holiday.

Is this serious?

He could be writing a book etc.

Well of course he could be - point being, he's been quiet on Twitter for a long time. Just re-tweets and replies.

Is this serious?

Well of course he could be - point being, he's been quiet on Twitter for a long time. Just re-tweets and replies.

Anyone who uses Twitter fancy pinging him a message, he seems fairly responsive in the past.

The releases by the BN Group were distributed by PR Newswire in the past two months.

One of them, issued on July 10, was titled Welcome To NETX - Global Conglomerate Bellagraph Nova Group Launches Latest Technolgy (sic) Platform Focusing On AI + Robotics + Healthcare.

Technolgy stonks are strong at the moment.

Is Mandy still actually alive?  She’s vanished as well.

Hope she didn't accept the invite to the Saudi Consulate  :naughty:

hope she didn't accept the invite to Sean's house for a chat with a fans representative

He probably arrived at hers unannounced....in a balaclava.

Think we need to do as ED209 said.

Is this serious?

The ABC of failed NUFC takeovers by George Caulkin

How to win the clickbait world cup whilst keeping your reputation intact.

Is this serious?

Colours of Flags by George Caulkin

Is this serious?

Colours of Flags by George Caulkin

Really, of all the journalists throughout this whole takeover, who have baited and wrote utter crap about the takeover, Caulkin is the one you go after........

Trying going after the Chronicle, Mail, Telegraph, Guardian journalists.  Not an investigative bone in their bodies.  Read Twitter and write a piece about 5 things I've made up!

People having a go at George Caulkin for reporting what he's been told off the buyers?

Thick!

Not thick at all. Looking at the situation with critical eyes

Nothing to stop him doing some actual journalism and checking to see if what he's been told is actually based in any kind of factual world. Unless it was just an interview and reported as one, rather than taking a single source as gospel

People having a go at George Caulkin for reporting what he's been told off the buyers?

Thick!

Nothing to stop him doing some actual journalism and checking to see if what he's been told is actually based in any kind of factual world. Unless it was just an interview and reported as one, rather than taking a single source as gospel

That's fine in most scenarios, but with one source (we are assuming) involved in a highly confidential process, I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Thick!

That's fine in most scenarios, but with one source (we are assuming) involved in a highly confidential process, I'm not sure how feasible that is.

In that case a decent journalist wouldn't report as fact, and would write as an opinion piece. Probably not feasible to report with checks, but that should have been made clear.