Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So now we're getting more and more of this stuff about an exclusivity clause expiring and Ashley pushing for this Mauriss bloke to cut in and buy us instead of the Saudis. If that happens we'll have been robbed of realising our potential at last and I'd find myself blaming the Prem for it. In my eyes we wouldn't be in any better position than we are now, being bought out by an Ashley stooge who, as far as I can tell, doesn't have any more money to spend on a football team than Ashley. I suspect, if the Saudi deal doesn't happen, it'll finish footy off for me. I just can't put up with another stint of having an equally useless, unambitious owner.

Liam Kennedy’s been reasonably positive in the past and he seems to be saying same thing. To be honest if it was just Edwards name on the telegraph article I’d give it short shrift, but Burt has been on this from the start.

If it has reached impasse though, and buyers think they have answered questions, what the f*** happens now. If the PL do try to just sit on it without failing, hopefully patience snaps and they begin legal action.

The lack of information out there about this Mauriss is seriously worrying. None of the journalists seem interested in finding out anything about him either. He sounds like a total fraud.

I imagine the Saudis would be able to legally block the sale of the club to any other party until their own dispute with the PL has been resolved. The Mauriss thing is utter bollocks IMO.

At this point in time I fucking hate the Premier League. Fancy ruining the dreams of an entire fanbase, the possible redevelopment and investment of an entire region and the continued subduing of a supposed sleeping giant of a club. What a bunch of utter, utter c*nts  :tickedoff:

Guest godzilla

The structure thing is so clearly bullshit. Clickbait.

It would have been among the questions on day 1, not a stumbling point on day 100.

Of course it would, you would not look at anything else until the structure has been confirmed and agreed

Guest godzilla

I've watched and listened to everything without saying too much.

A bit tired of ITK's and 'I think' or 'I believe' or 'I've heard' speculation.

Clearly the PL are going very deeply into this and have asked /demanded many questions about the Bein issue, human rights and ownership. Probably way too deeply - seen to be doing the right thing as much as actually doing the right thing.

At what stage will prospective new owners start threatening legal action against the PL in an effort to force a decision one way or another?

I suspect that lawyers are preparing a civil suit right now. It's what most big companies do if takeovers are frustrated and delayed, in my very real experience.

...and I think the PL will be shitting themselves if this happens, because they will lose.

Let the court case begin...... mark my words, the threat is there already.

A lot of my thoughts here  O0

BBC running with ‘gridlocked’ now. PL clearly leaking this to pressurise the buyers into action. The issue of going through three sets of lawyers for the buying consortium is clearly a problem imho.

Liam Kennedy’s been reasonably positive in the past and he seems to be saying same thing. To be honest if it was just Edwards name on the telegraph article I’d give it short shrift, but Burt has been on this from the start.

If it has reached impasse though, and buyers think they have answered questions, what the f*** happens now. If the PL do try to just sit on it without failing, hopefully patience snaps and they begin legal action.

This was the one for me, he’s been great throughout this saga so the massive drop in confidence at the same time as other sources are hearing things suggests it’s all true. It’s really never been further away. We have the rejection, the legal battle, the fallout, more limbo then a new bid and the process to start again.

I've watched and listened to everything without saying too much.

A bit tired of ITK's and 'I think' or 'I believe' or 'I've heard' speculation.

Clearly the PL are going very deeply into this and have asked /demanded many questions about the Bein issue, human rights and ownership. Probably way too deeply - seen to be doing the right thing as much as actually doing the right thing.

At what stage will prospective new owners start threatening legal action against the PL in an effort to force a decision one way or another?

I suspect that lawyers are preparing a civil suit right now. It's what most big companies do if takeovers are frustrated and delayed, in my very real experience.

...and I think the PL will be shitting themselves if this happens, because they will lose.

Let the court case begin...... mark my words, the threat is there already.

A lot of my thoughts here  O0

Agreed, I would love it if they took the Prem to the cleaners, for all this fannying around and unnecessary grief. I'm feeling extremely spiteful towards the league and all those getting in the way of us progressing to where we want to be.

How can Ashley sell to this Mauriss fucker when he's taken 17m off the Saudi consortium. The PL would need to reject the takeover and hear an appeal before he could consider making a move?

This exclusivity expiring was rubbished by Caulkin in the past as he stated it only applied up to the point where the deal was agreed and a deposit paid?

Anyway, I checked Twitter and the Saudi minister of sports still follows us so until he unfollows I'm still positive  : O0

I still can’t get over this is the apparent stage we are at.  :lol: We’re at day one. To start the owners and directors test you first need to identify the owners and directors. TBC. Wtf man?  :lol:

BBC running with ‘gridlocked’ now. PL clearly leaking this to pressurise the buyers into action. The issue of going through three sets of lawyers for the buying consortium is clearly a problem imho.

Agreed, this information has come from the Premier League

100% certainty that mate. They’ve had to claim back a bit of credibility.

The big question here though is this the PL unofficially giving everyone an update on where we’re at. If so it appears the likes of Key’s and Bein have had a sniff of this since last week.

I can only assume the PL feel unable to make a decision at present, however they are feeling under pressure now due to length of time, and want to openly put the blame firmly at the consortiums door.

It’s really starting to stink now I just hope the Saudis and PCP are up for the fight, because this doesn’t happen if this takeover involved any of top 6 clubs.

I still can’t get over this is the apparent stage we are at.  :lol: We’re at day one. To start the owners and directors test you first need to identify the owners and directors. TBC. Wtf man?  :lol:

Haven't they allegedly been trying to speak to PIF board members through lawyers for a while though?

Wednesday's WTO meeting could be very significant. There's a caveat in there O&D test for a circumstance where the conviction of an offence is appealed and it would not be reasonable to wait for the outcome of the appeal.

The WTO appeal process is currently in limbo so I would clearly be unreasonable to await the outcome.

If the PL's issue is that they are taking the WTO report to be conviction of an offence and it is appealed at Wednesday's meeting they will have no legitimate reason not to pass the O&D test.