Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Quite fundamental who is the decision maker really.  Thats why these tests were introduced, wasn't it Leeds at some point where no one knew who owned the club?  If they cannot answer those questions then there is something very wrong from the PIF side of things.  I mean the PL need to know who to test.

Guest neesy111

Why aren't the Man City owners been questioned over this piracy ?

Because the UAE don't pirate Bein.

Guest chopey

They consistently ban them tho

Guest chopey

The PL are actually asking 4 months down the line "who is going to be in charge"?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What in the actual fuck have they been doing.

apart

:lol:

Guest neesy111

They consistently ban them tho

Source?

Not seen that reported.

I don't believe Edward's for one minute mind. There's an information void to fill and he's doing his job. The structure of the party taking over is obviously this something that will have been looked at though.

Basically. Not to say there isn't clear hurdles in the takeover, but the likelihood of Edwards having this information over anyone else is slim to none.

I get why they need clarity on decision making, yet they sit back and watch our owner, destroy our club from the inside out and do fuck all.

Weird set of cunts them like.

Not bothered how Sports Direct have milked the club for years, free advertising at the detriment to the club, benefiting an external party. Nope, couldn't give a flying fuck.

Exactly.

Also in regards to Edwards updates I find it hard to believe that the prospective owners don't have legal teams, advisors and all the bells and whistles that would be way ahead of things like "not having a clear organization structure''. complete bollocks and still nobody has a clue imo.

To me this just smacks of the PL not liking how much financial muscle NUFC will have under the Saudis, hence them not liking the "management structure". Can't have those Geordies having ten times more wealth than Man City and even more so than Man Utd and Liverpool. I'm sure they'd pass it if they can somehow place the PIF in a financial straightjacket that allows the PL to remain "competitive", ie allows the established elite to continue their dominance for the foreseeable.

If there is no decision this week then the Saudis should start court proceedings for blatant obstruction of trade. Ironically they would probably have more chance of legal success in this way, rather than contesting an outright rejection.

It's like the EPL are working through one issue at a time. It is a fair question to ask the devolved authority of the PIF members of the nufc Board. If the Board decide to buy Messi for £250m and they have the funds does the decision need to go to PIF for MBS to say yes/no?

The EPL probably want nufc to be a stand alone entity but know that is not the way things work in Saudi and similar cultures. Can't believe the legal teams can't find a way through this.

The PL are actually asking 4 months down the line "who is going to be in charge"?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What in the actual fuck have they been doing.

Or PIF havent been givng suitable answers.

Says Luke Edwards.

To me this just smacks of the PL not liking how much financial muscle NUFC will have under the Saudis, hence them not liking the "management structure". Can't have those Geordies having ten times more wealth than Man City and even more so than Man Utd and Liverpool. I'm sure they'd pass it if they can somehow place the PIF in a financial straightjacket that allows the PL to remain "competitive", ie allows the established elite to continue their dominance for the foreseeable.

If there is no decision this week then the Saudis should start court proceedings for blatant obstruction of trade. Ironically they would probably have more chance of legal success in this way, rather than contesting an outright rejection.

Man City were a nothing club until recently. The PL is a product, they want the investment. They don't give a fuck who the recipient is as long as it's one of their members.

Guest godzilla

It's like the EPL are working through one issue at a time. It is a fair question to ask the devolved authority of the PIF members of the nufc Board. If the Board decide to buy Messi for £250m and they have the funds does the decision need to go to PIF for MBS to say yes/no?

The EPL probably want nufc to be a stand alone entity but know that is not the way things work in Saudi and similar cultures. Can't believe the legal teams can't find a way through this.

Surely that's the FIRST question you ask as soon as the paperwork has been submitted before you go into anything else. The framework of the new ownership is an obvious start to any process for new ownership

Sucks to be a "Manoparkian" right now

Yes, it does, but I reckon it does for all of us at the moment.

Unlike some, I am still absolutely confident that the deal will be done - just not today.

I never expected all this about the structure, who is in charge, etc, delaying matters so much.

Anyway, I tried to rectify the "negativity" imbalance with my "Manorparkians Group". We are still here, but I think there are serious discussions to be had so I'll butt out for now.

(Ban me if you want to)