Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I guess if the PL don't reject it, they can't as easily be taken to court. The constant "not passed yet" state prevents that from ever happening, they'll just wait for the buyers to get sick and pull out and then it's their fault for walking away rather than the PL's fault for failing it.

The PL are under far less time pressure than the buyers. :(

If it was going to fail presumably it would of by now. I'm still under the impression that the journos especially the fake Ryder, don't have a fucking clue whats going on. One way or another hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

#wait

Both articles are a lot of ‘This could be the situation going by an outsiders perspective’ type of page filler, no doubt inspired by Keys’ latest bumbling rant.

There doesn’t seem to be anything in there that hasn’t been suggested before, or anything with any sort of substance.

As I have said, the season is finished now, expect a lot of stores regarding the takeover to be made, both good and bad, most likely bad whilst they have no actual information, because that will get more clicks.

I guess if the PL don't reject it, they can't as easily be taken to court. The constant "not passed yet" state prevents that from ever happening, they'll just wait for the buyers to get sick and pull out and then it's their fault for walking away rather than the PL's fault for failing it.

The PL are under far less time pressure than the buyers. :(

Instead of being taken to court for rejecting it, they would just be taken to court for being wilfully negligent.

what kind of answers are they giving if they can't even satisfy the premier leagues O&D test (hardly the toughest test in history) on who's going to be making the decisions

Clearly not very good ones judging by the way things seem to have been going for the last few months.

If all the issues that have passed so far wanting to know who will be involved in the decision making doesn’t seem like an insurmountable task to me considering what has come before it. I don’t really care what any blue tick on Twitter is saying about it at the minute. I think it’s hard to interpret the length of time that’s past as a positive but there still seems like a good chance money will talk.

Signing Messi yesterday, off today. You could have picked this type of week from any of the last 12.

Guest Howaythetoon

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING, least of all that baldy fucking nonce shit stirring prick Luke who is talking shite again Edwards.

This will happen when the English football season finishes.

Guest chopey

I was talking to an old fella today and he said he knew Vic Wakeling (rip) and he was still at Sky this deal would have been done long before now

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING, least of all that baldy fucking nonce shit stirring prick Luke who is talking shite again Edwards.

You've spouted more shit about this than anyone, all of which has been wrong  :lol:

To be honest the PIF structure includes MbS who guides the board decisions and it includes the Minister of Commerce, Tourism, Investment, Finance and then Al-Rumayyan. Underneath the board you've then got their executives which include people you might expect would be involved in this sort of purchase such as Turqi Al-Nowaiser, Bander Mogren (he is included on the NCUK investment document) or Yasir AlSalman.

There is no inside knowledge here and these people might not be anything to do with the takeover, but given job titles and information in public domain you'd have to question if they have any involvement at all. I would imagine the majority of these people would need to be looked at should they influence anything within PIF and a lot of them will have ties to the Saudi government.

I think reports like we've seen over the last couple of days are par for course in this story, positive noises out of Saudi followed by positive noises out of Qatar offering conflicting reports. Until the Premier League make a decision this is going to continue as 'news' is drip fed to sources.

Yep, they're trying to find solutions because they're under duress from the Government to wave it through.

This.

They're negotiating, rather than blocking. It'd be ideal for the Premier League to have another potential powerhouse because money is great. The government likes Saudi Arabia and the Reuben family. But PL knows they'll get grief for passing this, so everything has to be watertight.

I think it will happen, but I doubt theirs any sort of schedule on it. It won’t matter that the FA Cup, or Championship play off final hasn’t been played. It will all come down to when the Premier League want to sign it off, which will probably be when their clubs have picked their players before we are allowed to get in on the action.

It’s a disgrace that it’s gone on this long. To put into perspective, if the takeover was first sent to Premier League on the opening day of the season, we would be at the stage where Sky would be advertising their Christmas and New Year’s Day fixtures.

It was happening when Project Restart was out the way

It was happening after the last PL game

Now it's happening after the English Football season finishes? :lol:

Let's face it, none of that has had or will have any bearing on any of this at all, and to suggest otherwise is bonkers.

Guest Howaythetoon

You've spouted more shit about this than anyone, all of which has been wrong  :lol:

What that this will go through? Which I’ve spouted from day one? I will bet you £200 quid it will go through (no time-scale for your peace of mind). Usual applies, money goes to food bank!

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING, least of all that baldy f***ing nonce s*** stirring prick Luke who is talking s**** again Edwards.

You've spouted more s*** about this than anyone, all of which has been wrong  :lol:

What that this will go through? Which I’ve spouted from day one? I will bet you £200 quid it will go through (no time-scale for your peace of mind). Usual applies, money goes to food bank!

Oooh, oooh, look at me, I've got £200 to throw around at the drop of a hat. Pathetic.  :lol:

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING, least of all that baldy f***ing nonce s*** stirring prick Luke who is talking s**** again Edwards.

You've spouted more s*** about this than anyone, all of which has been wrong  :lol:

Oooh, oooh, look at me, I've got £200 to throw around at the drop of a hat. Pathetic.  :lol:

I'd bet a grand or so if I was 100% certain, doesn't mean I have it to throw around.