Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

To me this just smacks of the PL not liking how much financial muscle NUFC will have under the Saudis, hence them not liking the "management structure". Can't have those Geordies having ten times more wealth than Man City and even more so than Man Utd and Liverpool. I'm sure they'd pass it if they can somehow place the PIF in a financial straightjacket that allows the PL to remain "competitive", ie allows the established elite to continue their dominance for the foreseeable.

If there is no decision this week then the Saudis should start court proceedings for blatant obstruction of trade. Ironically they would probably have more chance of legal success in this way, rather than contesting an outright rejection.

Man City were a nothing club until recently. The PL is a product, they want the investment. They don't give a fuck who the recipient is as long as it's one of their members.

When City were bought it looked like it was going to put them on a par with the elite, not completely obliterate that elite financially like this takeover will (in theory) do. I mean, City themselves will look like paupers compared to NUFC.

No doubt in my mind whatsoever now that the elite are doing everything they can do scupper this. And the PL have always been looking to block this deal rather than push it through.

To me this just smacks of the PL not liking how much financial muscle NUFC will have under the Saudis, hence them not liking the "management structure". Can't have those Geordies having ten times more wealth than Man City and even more so than Man Utd and Liverpool. I'm sure they'd pass it if they can somehow place the PIF in a financial straightjacket that allows the PL to remain "competitive", ie allows the established elite to continue their dominance for the foreseeable.

If there is no decision this week then the Saudis should start court proceedings for blatant obstruction of trade. Ironically they would probably have more chance of legal success in this way, rather than contesting an outright rejection.

Man City were a nothing club until recently. The PL is a product, they want the investment. They don't give a fuck who the recipient is as long as it's one of their members.

A rising tide raises all boats.

Sucks to be a "Manoparkian" right now

Yes, it does, but I reckon it does for all of us at the moment.

Unlike some, I am still absolutely confident that the deal will be done - just not today.

I never expected all this about the structure, who is in charge, etc, delaying matters so much.

Anyway, I tried to rectify the "negativity" imbalance with my "Manorparkians Group". We are still here, but I think there are serious discussions to be had so I'll butt out for now.

(Ban me if you want to)

Changing history

Interesting re: ownership "structure" and decision making - you'd think with the law firms repping the Buyers that they'd have sorted out an org chart and corp structure to have various seats at "board" level and decision making process maps etc.

Seems fucking weird article tbh.

At this rate I can actually see PIF acquiring NUFC as a Championship club. Not even kidding. That's how long this could rumble on for.

Then there'd be the argument about the club's valuation.

At this rate I can actually see PIF acquiring NUFC as a Championship club. Not even kidding. That's how long this could rumble on for.

Then there'd be the argument about the club's valuation.

They would use the funds acquired from suing the PL to cover the loss of income due to relegation.  :)

The structure thing is so clearly bullshit. Clickbait.

It would have been among the questions on day 1, not a stumbling point on day 100.

Agree - if their ultimate issue is MBS and PIF then fucking have the balls to reject it and prepare for the battle.

Fair to say now too its bollocks to suggest that Newcastle fans are just "paranoid" that the deal hasnt happened because its not an establishment club at the centre of a takeover bid. It's as clear as day that this a major factor, if not THE defining reason that this being blocked. Piracy my arse.

Had a feeling they would look for some technicality instead of outright accusing the Saudis of criminal activity. They won’t reject it either as their terrified of legal action that will follow.

I also agree that certain top 6 clubs will be massively objecting to this behind the scenes, the recent reaction of Liverpool’s owners to the CAS ruling on Man City told you everything. They basically said that it threatened their whole business model, remember Liverpool and Man U actually had the power to reject Don Howes son as CEO of PL because they didn’t want him.

Masters is in the back pocket of these clubs and they’ll be playing him like a fucking puppet.

I've watched and listened to everything without saying too much.

A bit tired of ITK's and 'I think' or 'I believe' or 'I've heard' speculation.

Clearly the PL are going very deeply into this and have asked /demanded many questions about the Bein issue, human rights and ownership. Probably way too deeply - seen to be doing the right thing as much as actually doing the right thing.

At what stage will prospective new owners start threatening legal action against the PL in an effort to force a decision one way or another?

I suspect that lawyers are preparing a civil suit right now. It's what most big companies do if takeovers are frustrated and delayed, in my very real experience.

...and I think the PL will be shitting themselves if this happens, because they will lose.

Let the court case begin...... mark my words, the threat is there already.

Had a feeling they would look for some technicality instead of outright accusing the Saudis of criminal activity. They won’t reject it either as their terrified of legal action that will follow.

I also agree that certain top 6 clubs will be massively objecting to this behind the scenes, the recent reaction of Liverpool’s owners to the CAS ruling on Man City told you everything. They basically said that it threatened their whole business model, remember Liverpool and Man U actually had the power to reject Don Howes son as CEO of PL because they didn’t want him.

Masters is in the back pocket of these clubs and they’ll be playing him like a fucking puppet.

Without a doubt. It's right there staring people in the face now. Anyone who thinks the establishment of the PL are not having any influence in this are just downright naive. If this gets rejected I hope SA have amassed enough evidence to bring the entire PL crashing down and finally bursting the bubble properly.

Clearly the PL are going very deeply into this and have asked /demanded many questions about the Bein issue, human rights and ownership. Probably way too deeply - seen to be doing the right thing as much as actually doing the right thing.

At what stage will prospective new owners start threatening legal action against the PL in an effort to force a decision one way or another?

I suspect that lawyers are preparing a civil suit right now. It's what most big companies do if takeovers are frustrated and delayed, in my very real experience.

...and I think the PL will be shitting themselves if this happens, because they will lose.

I feel better reading that. Thanks geordie john !

I feel better reading that. Thanks geordie john !

..and thank you too! Do you think I'm on the right track?

Sidestepped that landmine!

I'm just sick of the whole fucking thing now tbh.  My worry is always that the negative articles/murmurs are true. 

I can't actually visualise it as it still just feels like a pipe dream, despite how far along it is.

Yes no way would KSA walk away embarrassed by it all falling apart. They’ll take whatever recourse they need to ensure that this happens.

Pressure on the tories will be huge, who of course can’t get involved officially.. but in back channels they’ll be in the thick of it.

I’m surprised at how quiet Staveley and the Reubens have been though.