Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

My take is that maybe the takeover is going to go through within the next 2 weeks

Failing that it's another delaying tactic.

There's more chance of Joelinton going through Southampton's defence like a knife through butter than the takeover happening in the next fortnight. Goto bed.

If you disagree that's fine just explain how  and why you reached that conclusion, but no need to be unpleasant.

I was talking about/referring to Robert O’Donoghue mate :thup:

I'm confused. So R O'D is a QC, as is N de M. Is it therefore by pure chance that Ashley managed to get the best sports QC in the industry to represent him ?

My head hurts.

I'm confused. So R O'D is a QC, as is N de M. Is it therefore by pure chance that Ashley managed to get the best sports QC in the industry to represent him ?

My head hurts.

Ashley wanted him and as he was available he couldn't legally have turrned him down, he didn't get drawn out of a hat.

My head hurts.

Ashley wanted him and as he was available he couldn't legally have turrned him down, he didn't get drawn out of a hat.

Ah. Cheers. Got it now :thup:

This is a pawn move in a game of chess. They’re trying to get the PL to give information over which would be “on the record”, thus stitching themselves up when the big case gets brought forward.. if it even gets to that stage.

Either way they have to respond to it at some point.

Seems they've told the PL no more time.

Hats off to these 2 lads like. At least they're doing something about it whatever the outcome. Anyone criticising them wants to give their heads a shake.

Guest reefatoon

Seems they've told the PL no more time.

Hats off to these 2 lads like. At least they're doing something about it whatever the outcome. Anyone criticising them wants to give their heads a shake.

Totally agree.

Guest reefatoon

It’s a shite letter though

It might be, but at least someone is doing something.

Well exactly. It's so easy to just sit there and slag others off for trying something, while doing jack shit yourself.  Good on them for at least trying to do something. There seems to be a bit of fight left in some fans at least.

The letter lazily appended to the Gazette article is an old one from 6 August 2020.  Think it can be disregarded now - the strategy appears to have moved on a bit since that initial effort (EDIT: actually, looks like that letter was appended deliberately...am not sure why Liam Kennedy thinks it's still relevant)

Would hazard a guess that old letter was put together by Gordon Stein well before this latest (probable DeMarco) idea of going after the PL via the Competition Appeal Tribunal process.

Lots of conflicting info about this CAT process being put out there - there's a useful FAQ on the tribunal's website, so you can get an idea of the possible timescales:

"How long does the process take?

Cases before the Tribunal often raise complicated issues and may involve a significant number of parties so it may be difficult to know at the outset how long a particular case will last. However the Tribunal does seek to manage the cases tightly and, in general aims, to complete “straightforward” cases in less than nine months.

A claim for damages brought pursuant to Section 47A of the 1998 Act may be subject to the fast-track procedure (“FTP”). The FTP is a particular procedure intended to enable less complex claims to be brought, in particular by individuals and small businesses, and decided quickly with limited risk as to costs. In any case subject to the FTP, the final hearing will be fixed to take place as soon as practicable and in any event within six months."

My own interpretation of what's being played out here is that DeMarco knows there's some incriminating evidence in the PL docs, something that the PL won't want to reveal. The threat being made clear to the PL is that this process would be a (relatively) quick way to start the ball rolling on uncovering it.

Guest reefatoon

This lot did a lot than anyone i can imagine. Weather their effort works or not thats another matter.

Well they have whipped up a storm, hopefully nobody rains on their parade though. Sun time soon we should hear more hopefully.