Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

Does this mean that the Saudi interest is still there? Hope so :) mind you the ambassador could just be a mag!!

Could be, it's interesting.  Also see that Bread Board Nick has liked the tweet.

Has he? Brilliant. All working together.

Does this mean that the Saudi interest is still there? Hope so :) mind you the ambassador could just be a mag!!

The Saudi interest has never wavered, never gone away, all three members of the consortium appear to be working together "quietly without leaks" just like it always should have been. All we can do is wait.

I think it shows that if they do buy into a PL football club, the only one it will be is Newcastle now. The only question that remains is whether they would bother buying one at all, and clearly they are still maintaining a very active interest.

The ambassador also follows @sherburnvillag1 on Twitter which might indicate he’s from the north east and is merely an interested fan and nothing more :undecided:

Aye, that's exactly what that points to. :lol:

The ambassador also follows @sherburnvillag1 on Twitter which might indicate he’s from the north east and is merely an interested fan and nothing more :undecided:

'Piss on those chips, piss on those chips,  that's what we like to do' ;D

:lol:

'Piss on those chips, piss on those chips,  that's what we like to do' ;D

:lol:

Doesn't really sound like the Saudi sports minister knows what PIF's plans are or what went wrong with the NUFC bid. As if they're completely separate entities or something. Maybe that's what he wanted people to think after reading his quotes anyway.

Be interesting to see how BZG turn out with Derby, by all accounts they had some good plans for NUFC. Think the Midhat business turned the thing into a joke, but it may be one we regret if Saudi deal doesn’t come off.

It's a strange one, Caulkin has claimed previously the BZG talk was "bollocks from the start":

Unsure what to believe from him or anyone else at this point.

Be interesting to see how BZG turn out with Derby, by all accounts they had some good plans for NUFC. Think the Midhat business turned the thing into a joke, but it may be one we regret if Saudi deal doesn’t come off.

It's a strange one, Caulkin has claimed previously the BZG talk was "bollocks from the start":

Unsure what to believe from him or anyone else at this point.

Yeah I can’t make my mind up on BZG only time will tell. I do know from listening to old heatonian and Neil Mitchell  that they tried to get Midhat to persuade the Sheik to come back in for us, but after BZG found out PIF interest was real they couldn’t compete.

The said 2 individuals maintain BZG had the finance, but it remains to be seen whether 60 million for Derby is a more realistic estimate of their financial clout.

There was also talk that though it was BZG buying the club, it would then lead to us becoming Dubai’s club which would lead to other prominent individuals within Dubai getting involved, I’m presuming the Maktoum’s.

Certainly would have took my chances with these over American ownership though, and will be very interesting to see what we missed out on.