Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Different kind of Arab but still proportionally there ought to have been some noise from all those virtuous saints who were so offended by the idea we'd be bought - since the reason was supposed to be on moral grounds.I'm sure they could find some there if they wished to.

Can only presume not a single one of those protesting the NUFC takeover will be involved in, watch or report on the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

That report states that discussions were going on about project big picture in "late spring" and there were earlier discussions before that so you can absolutely guarantee those fuckers worked out a way to put a stop to our takeover.

Things are slowly starting to come to the surface..

That report states that discussions were going on about project big picture in "late spring" and there were earlier discussions before that so you can absolutely guarantee those f***ers worked out a way to put a stop to our takeover.

Things are slowly starting to come to the surface..

Yeah hopefully all plays into our hands for the anti competition case.

Absolutely spot on nothing more than more delaying tactics by PL to request more time. Whatever the legal arguments are for giving the PL an extra 2 weeks, we all know it’s bull s***. These lads deserve everyone’s full support including from NUST.

Newcastle Consortium Supporters

@NCSL1892

·

37m

EPL and Big Six seem to move quickly when they choose! Press reports that “accelerated talks” under way for scheme that allegedly will deny NUFC of concluding the PIF takeover. NCSL’s legal team reject EPL’s pleas for more time. We remain UNITED in this fight for transparency!

Can’t wait for the day we see one of these stories on the official Newcastle twitter

Think Ashley was to blame for these not taking over us. His interview in the Daily Mail with Samuel give the game away when he said “what’s an extra 10 million”.

I wish Derby all the best, however for our sanity I hope they don’t turn out to be big players as it will be very hard to stomach.

The BZG one was weird.

First of all there was different reports on his wealth, with no way of verifying his claimed wealth.

There was also questions over his relationship to the Man City owners, he started off being a brother, then a cousin, then a distant 2nd cousin.

Derby are at least a likeable club. They have a good loyal fan base, they aren’t another rugby town club who have got owners who have decided to get in on football. If things brings them financial stability then that’s a good thing, out of jealousy though I would if want them to become mega rich though. Hopefully they get that stability that they need.

Gutted seeing clubs being taken left right and center and there are a bunch of f***ing idiots who are blocking ours.

Take it as a compliment, they see us as a threat

Well, how can you when we have Ashley as owner and forced to watch Bruceball every fucking game. Plus his meltdowns on needing time to change and work in progress farce.

C’mon lads this is the only topic worth discussing, may aswell mothball the rest of the board it’s irrelevant.

Some interesting bits in this article including PIF putting together a tv bid worth more than the entire MENA contract to force takeover through. Also still ongoing political pressure, maybe along with this new media company that is the key to breaking deadlock.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-big-saudi-move-takeover-19242951

I am very guilty of being cynical when it's quiet and positive when there is noise.

The last couple of weeks of silence have not given me much hope. I know silence can mean that things are happening, but I hate it.

I am very guilty of being cynical when it's quiet and positive when there is noise.

The last couple of weeks of silence have not given me much hope. I know silence can mean that things are happening, but I hate it.

I agree I just want some positive news.

Wanted Manu, went for NUFC, ended up with Derby County.

If they are lucky they'll be the next, errr, Derby County.

I think they'd be quite happy to be the next Leicester City. Similar sized clubs (traditionally Derby probably slightly bigger) from the same part of the country. They've certainly got a good starting point with the stadium and decent sized fanbase.

They'll look at what the likes of Leicester, Wolves and possibly Southampton are doing and think that there's no reason they can't be doing similar in a few years time.

C’mon lads this is the only topic worth discussing, may aswell mothball the rest of the board it’s irrelevant.

Some interesting bits in this article including PIF putting together a tv bid worth more than the entire MENA contract to force takeover through. Also still ongoing political pressure, maybe along with this new media company that is the key to breaking deadlock.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-big-saudi-move-takeover-19242951

Reading that sounds like it's at least 2 years away.

I agree I just want some positive news.

Positive - it's nearly 2 weeks since Mimms said cans in a few weeks. Mimms clearly has a source. If the source was telling the truth good news should be just around the corner.