Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

C’mon lads this is the only topic worth discussing, may aswell mothball the rest of the board it’s irrelevant.

Some interesting bits in this article including PIF putting together a tv bid worth more than the entire MENA contract to force takeover through. Also still ongoing political pressure, maybe along with this new media company that is the key to breaking deadlock.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-big-saudi-move-takeover-19242951

Reading that sounds like it's at least 2 years away.

I think the next round of tv deals are due to be negotiated this year, but stand to be corrected. If they accept MENA no longer works they’ll have to deal with Saudis.

I noticed during the week there were a lot of so called supporters getting very aggressive with Liam Kennedy, and demanding to know more background info on these 2 fans taking legal action.

Now I could understand if the action was being funded by fellow fans as originally floated by wor fund, however these 2 blokes appear to be doing it off their own backs. Therefore, it really beggars belief that some cretin on twitter would be trying to establish what companies one of these guys had worked for.

As much as I love this club, there’s a real element of our support that I can’t stand who do nothing but criticise when some folk decide to do something.

I am very guilty of being cynical when it's quiet and positive when there is noise.

The last couple of weeks of silence have not given me much hope. I know silence can mean that things are happening, but I hate it.

I agree I just want some positive news.

Positive - it's nearly 2 weeks since Mimms said cans in a few weeks. Mimms clearly has a source. If the source was telling the truth good news should be just around the corner.

This guy, who has posted stuff on the takeover that has turned out to be correct in the past and seems to be the only ITK still speaking indicates that it won't be concluded before December.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaine_/status/1324999535408640000

I am very guilty of being cynical when it's quiet and positive when there is noise.

The last couple of weeks of silence have not given me much hope. I know silence can mean that things are happening, but I hate it.

Positive - it's nearly 2 weeks since Mimms said cans in a few weeks. Mimms clearly has a source. If the source was telling the truth good news should be just around the corner.

This guy, who has posted stuff on the takeover that has turned out to be correct in the past and seems to be the only ITK still speaking indicates that it won't be concluded before December.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaine_/status/1283028851921215490

He's a total bullshitter  :lol:

As much as I love this club, there’s a real element of our support that I can’t stand who do nothing but criticise when some folk decide to do something.

This. So many people who do nothing but complain when others fans try and do something to force change (boycotts and that 15 min walk in against West Ham being prime examples).

These are the same people who will complain about Bruce and Ashley but will turn up for games (in normal times!) anyway and enable the stagnation of our club even more.

This. So many people who do nothing but complain when others fans try and do something to force change (boycotts and that 15 min walk in against West Ham being prime examples).

These are the same people who will complain about Bruce and Ashley but will turn up for games (in normal times!) anyway and enable the stagnation of our club even more.

Absolutely this.  I took part in the West Ham delayed entrance and the abuse my wife and I took whilst taking our seats was shocking.  Newcastle supporters my arse!

Aye that Ryan bloke has tweeted utter shite throughout the Summer.

To be fair, so did everyone else with connections to the consortium. They were obviously convinced on a few occasions that it was going through only for the PL to turn around and ask for something else.

Aye that Ryan bloke has tweeted utter s**** throughout the Summer.

To be fair, so did everyone else with connections to the consortium. They were obviously convinced on a few occasions that it was going through only for the PL to turn around and ask for something else.

Bit of a strange one this Ryan fellow, doesn’t seem to be a mackem wind up merchant and previous to takeover had never tweeted anything in relation to us.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaine_/status/1283028851921215490

He's a total bullshitter  :lol:

Vote R E Maine