Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

What are NUST up to theese days?

Haven't heard about them for a while.

Don't know. I joined up about 18 months ago. Didn't renew my 1 year subscription but they still gave me voting rights at the last round of elections. Does anyone know what's happened to the £40k or whatever they've taken from the 15,000 lifetime and 1 year memberships they sold?

In the Trusts bank account......

Then every year NUST produce annual accounts to show what the money is spent on, what's in the bank etc.

Then they are professionally audited by a chartered accountant.

Then they are submitted to the Financial Conduct Authority.

Can you reveal if the trust are still in touch with consortium, not asking you to reveal details but would be interested to know ?

Alex has spoken with Amanda Staveley previously a number of times, she knows where he is if she/they want to get in touch again.

👍

Think they had their chance to really make their mark when they were given the opportunity to grill Masters but I think most people were left a bit disappointed by the outcome there.

Tbf NUFC were always legally obliged to refund season ticket holders anyway and the Premier League PPV was doomed to failure before it got going due to the amount of objections to it right across the country.

Good luck to them but it's not something I'd consider signing up to again.

Exactly. Taking credit for things that would have happened anyway.

Think they had their chance to really make their mark when they were given the opportunity to grill Masters but I think most people were left a bit disappointed by the outcome there.

Tbf NUFC were always legally obliged to refund season ticket holders anyway and the Premier League PPV was doomed to failure before it got going due to the amount of objections to it right across the country.

:mackems:

Fuck me man 🤦‍♂️

What are NUST up to theese days?

Haven't heard about them for a while.

Don't know. I joined up about 18 months ago. Didn't renew my 1 year subscription but they still gave me voting rights at the last round of elections. Does anyone know what's happened to the £40k or whatever they've taken from the 15,000 lifetime and 1 year memberships they sold?

In the Trusts bank account......

Then every year NUST produce annual accounts to show what the money is spent on, what's in the bank etc.

Then they are professionally audited by a chartered accountant.

Then they are submitted to the Financial Conduct Authority.

Can you reveal if the trust are still in touch with consortium, not asking you to reveal details but would be interested to know ?

Alex has spoken with Amanda Staveley previously a number of times, she knows where he is if she/they want to get in touch again.

Any thoughts as to why she has not been in contact? She asked the fans to tell the PL it was unfair, which NUST to their credit did/tried to do. Surely she would have thanked you and kept you informed of proceedings?

Guest Howaythetoon

Held a live meeting on YouTube and Facebook yesterday on the future of football governance with Ian Mearns MP and Kevin Miles, CEO of the Football Supporters Association.

Pretty active in terms of getting PPV scrapped working with the FSA and other trusts, plenty of other things too, if you are members you are clearly not reading your emails.

The first meeting of the new member Council on Sunday - over 100 members far more directly involved in the direction and running of the trust.

Forced the club into finally giving refunds (twice).

Got a survey going on at the minute - would urge you to complete if you are a member.

Lots of people rant on here and Twitter but the amount of people that actually reach out through proper channels with constructive feedback is incredibly low - though there has been some good feedback on here previously.

Keep up the great work Greg[/member] and NUST :thup:

And ignore the haters, fucking idiots!

The extension was rejected weeks ago and we've heard nothing?

Things bubbling along or dead as a dodo?

Its 7 weeks until January, timescale is getting shorter and shorter

I feel another disappointment coming on!

Bubbling along going off what I listened to last night. Once again listen to wraiths podcast from last night, Mick Edmondson from back page speaks about it from 1:07.

I’ll not post the link due to people’s opinion of Wraith, however if your interested in takeover it’s a must listen.

Held a live meeting on YouTube and Facebook yesterday on the future of football governance with Ian Mearns MP and Kevin Miles, CEO of the Football Supporters Association.

Pretty active in terms of getting PPV scrapped working with the FSA and other trusts, plenty of other things too, if you are members you are clearly not reading your emails.

The first meeting of the new member Council on Sunday - over 100 members far more directly involved in the direction and running of the trust.

Got a survey going on at the minute - would urge you to complete if you are a member.

Lots of people rant on here and Twitter but the amount of people that actually reach out through proper channels with constructive feedback is incredibly low - though there has been some good feedback on here previously.

Thanks for the info Greg.

Are the NUST planning to do anything more regarding the possible takeover?

Keep up the good work!

I don’t understand what people expect or want the NUST to do in regards to the takeover.

They can’t say to the Premier League that they protest against it as the Premier League and FA would instantly move to make them no longer a recognised supporters group.

They asked questions of Masters and let’s be honest, all of his answers asked by anyone were always going to be weak answers without any real information, just like the answers he gave to the press.

They have made no secret that they have engaged talk with the consortium, and this relates to many things they want the club to improve on, things they want the club to implement, and the general direction they want the club to go in. By their account, they think the consortium are listening and taking notice to them and they have left the door open for further dialog with them.

The NUST can’t do much more, there isn’t really a way for which they can go.

All I could say is that the only option left would be to publicise what has been said in the talks with the consortium, and I’d imagine theirs complexities invoked which means that cannot happen.

If you put all the hope, hype, clamour and cryptic bullshit to one side and took a professional view you’d take the stance that the deal is off, ie the “official” take on it. The consortium withdrew so any discussions are invalid (and probably legally confidential)

If I was a formal representative of the fans I wouldn’t be spouting “cans-corrupt-patience” etc. at the risk of looking like clownshoes.  I’d report and interact on what I did know and what was real. ie PPV, refunds. Sounds like that’s exactly what NUST are doing.

Bubbling along going off what I listened to last night. Once again listen to wraiths podcast from last night, Mick Edmondson from back page speaks about it from 1:07.

I’ll not post the link due to people’s opinion of Wraith, however if your interested in takeover it’s a must listen.

Cheers for that mate - well worth a listen!

He’s a sound lad Mick!

People have the right to question the Trust in the correct way without you labelling them as idiots, especially considering it's a straight toss up between you and Samptime for the boards biggest idiot of the year, his constant, pathetic defence of Bruce and you pretending to be some sort of ITK, telling all and sundry the takeover was 100% going ahead for months on end.

My personal view on the Trust, as a former member is that they tend to make loads of noise and bluster when an opportunity arises to really get the fans charged up about something. Last year it was Rafa leaving. They bombarded twitter with a huge recruitment drive, added a few thousand extra members then went very quiet. Repeat this year with the takeover talk. Loads of noise in the spring time, another big recruitment drive, then quiet again.

They’ve done some good things, no doubt. Getting those lads off the charges for the carry on at Southampton was admirable but as the biggest football supporters Trust in the UK (?) they don't pull their weight enough on other pressing issues and they go too quiet for too long at times. Their questioning of Masters was weak and didn't really put him under any scrutiny when everyone knew he was up to no good, obviously moreso since then with the current big 6 of the 2 Manchester teams, 3 major London teams and Liverpool wanting a control of English football his motives are apparent.

As for the money in their bank account. I remember a lot of noise from quite a lot of people to donate a share of it to the Food Bank to help out families who've fallen on hard times this year, rather than sitting in an account earning jack shit in interest but they didn't want to know. Should have been put to a vote amongst it's members imo, it's their money after all really.

Anyway ultimately we all want the same thing so I hope they can be a success in the name of NUFC, but I'll admit, based on what I've seen so far, I am sceptical. I'll not post about them anymore on this thread as the NUST have their own thread on hear so this conversation should really be on there.

He’s a sound lad Mick!

It was really nice.

Masters: when everyone knew he was up to no good,

Yet to be proved and potentially libellous.  NUST need to be pretty astute with their approach when they enter into dialogue with professional organisations.

Guest Howaythetoon

People have the right to question the Trust in the correct way without you labelling them as idiots, especially considering it's a straight toss up between you and Samptime for the boards biggest idiot of the year, his constant, pathetic defence of Bruce and you pretending to be some sort of ITK, telling all and sundry the takeover was 100% going ahead for months on end.

My personal view on the Trust, as a former member is that they tend to make loads of noise and bluster when an opportunity arises to really get the fans charged up about something. Last year it was Rafa leaving. They bombarded twitter with a huge recruitment drive, added a few thousand extra members then went very quiet. Repeat this year with the takeover talk. Loads of noise in the spring time, another big recruitment drive, then quiet again.

They’ve done some good things, no doubt. Getting those lads off the charges for the carry on at Southampton was admirable but as the biggest football supporters Trust in the UK (?) they don't pull their weight enough on other pressing issues and they go too quiet for too long at times. Their questioning of Masters was weak and didn't really put him under any scrutiny when everyone knew he was up to no good, obviously moreso since then with the current big 6 of the 2 Manchester teams, 3 major London teams and Liverpool wanting a control of English football his motives are apparent.

As for the money in their bank account. I remember a lot of noise from quite a lot of people to donate a share of it to the Food Bank to help out families who've fallen on hard times this year, rather than sitting in an account earning jack shit in interest but they didn't want to know. Should have been put to a vote amongst it's members imo, it's their money after all really.

Anyway ultimately we all want the same thing so I hope they can be a success in the name of NUFC, but I'll admit, based on what I've seen so far, I am sceptical. I'll not post about them anymore on this thread as the NUST have their own thread on hear so this conversation should really be on there.

You’re one of he biggest numpties on here man :lol:

He’s a sound lad Mick!

Aye his story about having covid was a bit harrowing, however seems on good form now.

I've got an awful long way to go before I can even get close to your level of cringe lad.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've got an awful long way to go before I can even get close to your level of cringe lad.

You’re a boring poster and a numpty man.

And I’d tell you to your face as long as it’s 3.00pm on a Friday afternoon, any Friday.

You’re a boring poster and a numpty man.

And I’d tell you to your face as long as it’s 3.00pm on a Friday afternoon, any Friday.

Hahaha grow up man you daft little fantasist  :lol: