Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Think I said few weeks ago that PIF wanted it done before December, mainly because they don’t want to fall behind and lose out on yet another transfer window. With the confidence of the lawyers and slight persuasion by the rest of the consortium the were happy to knock that December deadline on the head.

There was potentially news being reported within 7 to 14 days, although they are still deciding on wether to put something out there. - This is what I didn’t want to say a few days ago, if nothing comes out then people on here call me a fraud and I’m making stuff up but we shall see. From what I’ve been told I don’t think they will say anything quite yet, I hope I’m wrong though.

The NCSL is just a side act to all of this to keep pressure on without the consortium being back in the mainstream media. The letter NCSL sent (with legal help) to the PL cost just shy of £50k. 2 blokes in their bedroom cant afford all this on their own, they’re being “helped” by people on the buyers side.

The guy I get my info from has got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies and knows a lot of interesting people. The confidence from my source is from the buying side, all of whom have a lot of confidence in this being passed. Much more they had in fact before the previous debacle.

It is, as I keep on saying, all happening quietly in the background.

With the 'quality' of buyers we have, and this has now been added to by the 'quality' of the legal teams they have assembled, then it seems totally illogical to think that we could possibly even come close to failing to be taken over by the Consortium.

IT'S HAPPENING . . . we just have to WAIT.

It will soon be a year since that original Wall Street Journal piece about the new consortium.

3 months of things moving fairly quickly and then rest has just been lies, misinformation, poor journalism and basically a whole bunch of nothing.

I still believe they’ll do a deal if one is to be had but honestly.. you wouldn’t put your mortgage on it would you..?

Could they really release that sort of Information if the process is still classed as ongoing or whilst legal proceedings are ongoing? I could be wrong but I dont think they could or would.

No they couldn’t, but they couldn’t for various other reasons as well.

Could they really release that sort of Information if the process is still classed as ongoing or whilst legal proceedings are ongoing? I could be wrong but I dont think they could or would.

Bit of a pointless exercise by the Chronicle then, but at least they'll get a few clicks.

Bit of a pointless exercise by the Chronicle then, but at least they'll get a few clicks.

It’s very likely an active trade deal, and politically sensitive.

Bottom line is PL don’t want a sovereign wealth fund owning a club outside the top 6. If it was a 3 billion pound deal from the Saudis for Mancs or scousers it would have been done a long time ago.

The deal has been kicked into long grass by PL, as it looks by their own rules they’re not confident about rejecting it. Project big picture sets out what the top 6 want, control over who can buy other clubs, unofficially that has already taken place with this takeover.

I would imagine there is a trail of communications regarding this that the PL do not want disclosed. Maybe the NCSL threat of action is their worst nightmare, Liam Kennedy thinks they will not want this to go to court. Certainly the reported penalties for being found guilty of anti competition rules would be enough to make them very nervous if there are damaging e mails floating about.

If this takeover never actually happens to go through I really hope the PL get found out to be the absolute corrupt fat cats that they are.

If both happens then of course its absolute dreamland.

Exactly this.  Whatever the outcome, the Premier League need investigating.  I have said from day one that they are corrupt.

I think it's reasonable to say that this is our best shot at selling the club and finally getting rid of Ashley.

If this effort fails, he really is here until the day he dies.

And knobheads liken Penn/IMTTS wonder why people are clinging onto any crumb of hope that they can lay their hands on.

I don’t think that’s true, he’s a willing seller now and yeah we have or had a suitable buyer. There will be others.

The difference before was that he didn’t really want to sell and the people attempting to buy had alternative agendas buy being public about it.

I think that nobody else is coming to the table right now is due to not having the clout to compete with PIF, which also could mean they are still very much looking to invest.

Not really interested in anyone else coming to the table, all of them had their chance before PIF and none of them proved serious enough to put down the cash. If the PIF deal falls through I doubt any future investors would be much different to Ashley.

I think it's reasonable to say that this is our best shot at selling the club and finally getting rid of Ashley.

If this effort fails, he really is here until the day he dies.

And knobheads liken Penn/IMTTS wonder why people are clinging onto any crumb of hope that they can lay their hands on.

I don’t think that’s true, he’s a willing seller now and yeah we have or had a suitable buyer. There will be others.

The difference before was that he didn’t really want to sell and the people attempting to buy had alternative agendas buy being public about it.

I think that nobody else is coming to the table right now is due to not having the clout to compete with PIF, which also could mean they are still very much looking to invest.

Not really interested in anyone else coming to the table, all of them had their chance before PIF and none of them proved serious enough to put down the cash. If the PIF deal falls through I doubt any future investors would be much different to Ashley.

Pure speculation.

Look at what we had before, Barry Moat and god knows who else. We never would have thought Saudi’s public investment fund would ever come to the table yet here we are. It’s not unrealistic to think someone else with clout might come in but there’s very few players to match their wealth so even someone who we would have snatched their arm off 3/4 years ago now will seem like the booby prize.

We just have to pray this gets done because the alternatives will leave very few happy.

If the past few months have taught us anything it's the fact that the premier league is in place to promote the best interests of the top 6 clubs, if this deal doesn't go through it's bad news for all football in England as far as fair competition goes.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is no takeover . Stop dreaming

Never dream.

What an inspirational speech.

If only MLK said I don’t have a dream instead...