Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Nope not me. Don't really put any time or energy into it anymore either. Not worth it. Closure would be nice mind, one way or another so that we can move on with our fucking lives. Wonder if we get to hate football even more in the future or actually even able to enjoy it, despite football being a bit fucked these days (not because of Corona only)

I still have hope but there’s very little confidence. Just all seems stacked against us and I know manor park is gonna come on and go on about the type of people behind this bid etc, well it’s not done a single bit of good so far. O

I have hope but I am expecting the worst. The reason I have hope is because that's all that I have left after 28 years supporting NUFC. If as expected it does go tits up, that is me finished with football at this level as there is literally no point in supporting it. The premier league exists to protect the top 6 and nobody else is allowed to challenge them (long term). Everyone is expected to just be happy with finishing 7-17th every single year. It totally makes the whole thing pointless for every other club.

I'd probably start following one of my local sides.

This is why the PL has never acted against Ashley clearly playing weaker cup teams on the past - when they have done so against other teams.

They like where he keeps us.

huh? loads of teams play weaker sides, and haven't had anything done to them

Exactly makes little sense

Absolutely nothing has happened to suggest this is going to complete since about 2 weeks after it was called off. All there has been is invested journo talk, making a nice little career out of stringing along punters for their own gain.

Burnley have shown how quick a takeover goes through.

Hope not confidence is probably the right way to view things right now. However, it’s between xmas and new year nothing is happening, it will ramp up again early Jan and we’ll all be in and out again.

Whilst the legal action and political pressure is ongoing, and Staveley hasn’t hoisted the white flag we should all have hope.

An early cessation in hostilities between Qatar and Saudi in January, and possible reinstatement of Bein may give the whole process a big shot in the arm. If the PL so called big 6 can’t hide behind piracy anymore, they’ll have to find a new avenue to object.

This is why the PL has never acted against Ashley clearly playing weaker cup teams on the past - when they have done so against other teams.

They like where he keeps us.

huh? loads of teams play weaker sides, and haven't had anything done to them

They used to before 2011 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14166038 - but I'm just shouting into the wind, really.

The silence from the football365 guy & mimms is deafening

Does the 365 guy not post in a group away from the forum, hence why no one can see anything. If Mimms had access to the group, then maybe people should have thought about this before commencing a witch hunt and trying to out him.

His info wasn’t always 100% but certainly a lot of stuff was accurate. If some folk weren’t so obsessed with trying to catch people out, we might have still been getting info.

Maybe a lesson for some ungrateful cunts for the future, however I doubt it somehow.

Is anyone actually still confident of this going thru?

I cannot see the "Big Picture Six" stopping Staveley, PIF, Ashley, Reubens and their high-end legal teams getting this done.

Our success will be slow, and hard-earned, but is also INEVITABLE.

I cannot see the "Big Picture Six" stopping Staveley, PIF, Ashley, Reubens and their high-end legal teams getting this done.

:lol:

You can't see something that has already happened?

The PL/Big 6 did stop it; they forced PIF to withdraw their offer.

I have know idea how the legal action will play out, nobody does, but hopefully it'll go in our favour.

To claim the PL/Big 6 can't stop the consortium when they've already stopped them once is just naive.

There has been no reason to be confident since May. The info Caulkin was getting proved so far off the mark that he stopped being their mouthpiece months ago, rather wisely I might add.

This. Long waits is signs of death not life.