Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Anything that gets a potential buyer more money can only help imo.

What if its less money though?

I'll let you ponder a bit more to draw the expected inference if that's OK.

What I'm getting at is if she wins the local media will spin it as great news for the takeover they are pretending is still on, but if she loses they'll say it doesn't have any effect on it. All about needing something to write about.

What I'm getting at is if she wins the local media will spin it as great news for the takeover they are pretending is still on, but if she loses they'll say it doesn't have any effect on it. All about needing something to write about.

Like you say, I don't think it's unreasonable in these uncertain times that extra available capital for a risky venture like buying NUFC would be more than a welcome to help. However, I think the negative outcome of the case would matter more now than it did before in the current economic climate.

Like you say, I don't think it's unreasonable in these uncertain times that extra available capital for a risky venture like buying NUFC would be more than a welcome to help. However, I think the negative outcome of the case would matter more now than it did before in the current economic climate.

Yep. But in terms of what does it mean for a takeover in terms of happening /not happening its completely irrelevant. And it's not happening anyway.

It’s definitely connected, the money that the Reubens put up as a deposit to cover Staveley was based on the money she'd make off the case. I’m sure she could probably scape it together if she loses but it’s still significant.

Like I mentioned before, I’d heard there was a different setup that could move forward that didn’t involve her.

It’s definitely connected, the money that the Reubens put up as a deposit to cover Staveley was based on the money she'd make off the case. I’m sure she could probably scape it together if she loses but it’s still significant.

Like I mentioned before, I’d heard there was a different setup that could move forward that didn’t involve her.

How could you know that, or anyone else for that matter ?

That just sounds like something plausible but it reality is just utter nonsense.

Yep. But in terms of what does it mean for a takeover in terms of happening /not happening its completely irrelevant. And it's not happening anyway.

I disagree - I was making the point that if this case falls flat, Stavely is not getting the funds that may be to some degree expected and considered in future ventures. We do not know if those funds are being leveraged behind her portion of the ownership bid for example. If they are, then yes it has a massive impact on the takeover if it relies on her having skin in the game (unlike the Man City deal). And if the funds were not counted on at the time, they might be now with the current uncertainties.

Did it occur that maybe one is not connected to the other ?

Sure, it might not be. But I think it's unlikely it isn't connected now, as the amount of money involved for Staveley is absolutely huge in comparison to her estimated net worth.

Did it occur that maybe one is not connected to the other ?

Sure, it might not be. But I think it's unlikely it isn't connected now, as the amount of money involved for Staveley is absolutely huge in comparison to her estimated net worth.

I just can't see her using a case against Barclays, winning it hopefully so she can fund part buying us, or paying back borrowing to buy us.

Just sounds like pure fantasy. 2+2=5 like.