Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Would love the takeover to come to fruition, but a relegation surely would reduce the price beyond what Ashley would want. I think it's clear this is part of a wider push to enhance his business globally and enter new markets especially if the high street is decimated due to the pandemic. The amount of companies that have been bought by those with only an online presence recently might have gave him a bit of a kick up the backside.

As for the club - he should have involved someone that knows football because we're heading for relegation unless there is a change coming with echos to the McClaren season should we lose the next 2-3 games.

The only real chance of a takeover is if we go down and if AS wins her court case and had the money to go 50/50 on a relegated club with the young rueben. She’s by far the most invested party in all this but currently doesn’t have the funds to support a prem club.

It certainly won’t be Saudi if we go down or even if we stay up. Think that ship has sailed and all this is about compo for Ashley. Everything else is just smokescreens to keep the fans off Ashley’s back.

That’s simply untrue if we stay up and test is passed it will include Saudi’s.

On what factual basis can you say its "simply untrue" exactly?

Just ban those who say "it won't happen" like it's a fact. You know nothing, just guessing. Stop being like this.

And ban those who say “it will happen” like it’s a fact too ?

Not really, as the ongoing quietness (that worries a lot of people) is evidence that legal action is happening behind the scenes and (taking into account the people involved) it is going to ultimately be successful.

MA looking well there, shifted some serious beef. Remember him looking a bit trimmer at Fulham last game of 18-19, and he's really kept it off, good for him.

Wonder if he’s lost it from anxiety about our potential relegation....or because he’s been missing his usual big portions of Indian food during Covid...?

My own personal thoughts at this moment in time are that relegation will completely end the takeover. I think PIF are still interested but barely. I think if there is an opportunity to own a PL club they’d do a deal. Again just my own personal opinion but I think it’s Staveley & the Ruebens that have their heart set on It being Newcastle

Wrong and inaccurate. If the Reuben's had the heart on buying the club they would, they have plenty of money.

My own personal thoughts at this moment in time are that relegation will completely end the takeover. I think PIF are still interested but barely. I think if there is an opportunity to own a PL club they’d do a deal. Again just my own personal opinion but I think it’s Staveley & the Ruebens that have their heart set on It being Newcastle

Wrong and inaccurate. If the Reuben's had the heart on buying the club they would, they have plenty of money.

It’s not as simple as that. They probably don’t want to own a football club outright. When I say the ruebens have their heart set on Newcastle I mean they have plenty money already in the city and probably have a lot of plans out with the football club