Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

[tweet]1359592856898449418[/tweet]?s=21

Douglas just relaying what others have said and speculated. We might hear something at the end of February/start of March. Probably the result of the arbitration?

Yeah ties in with that. Good we can then put it to bed once and for all and hopeully with a bright way forward. Sick to death of all this willit/will it not shit this last year.

Arbitration might not put it to bed though. It could still be challenged in court abd drag on for months or years.

No chance these are going to wait that long if it happens. I'd even be surprised if Ashley would stick with it if that happened either. If the arbitration goes against us it will be done I would say.

How lovely it would be if this not only went through but then the fat man came back in with his own compensation case against the PL for some exaggerated sum. And then during the accounts auditing they found a load of diddle vids on Richard Masters' computer.

The Mackems on RTG saying that the Yanks who were looking to buy them are now looking at us.

Probably a load of bollocks.

Article in the Chronicle today lead with that headline but the article says they were interested in buying us before pulling out and then going for them.

Its annoying that we've moved from a takeover story that distracts from transfer windows to now having one that just hangs permanently.

It's even worth when there's nothing to distract from NUFC itself though.

Nelson Loh, one of two cousins credited with being the driving force of the bid when it emerged in the autumn, has been declared bankrupt in a court in Singapore.

He left the country at the end of 2020, which led to cousin Terence - also facing bankruptcy proceedings - claiming he felt "betrayed". He had faced heavy criticism for a farcical "bid" to buy Newcastle which saw photographs doctored, outrageous claims of potentially buying Cristiano Ronaldo and incredible attempts to convince journalists that they had the money to buy the club.

Loh has now been declared bankrupt. The Straits Times reports he "failed to pay an outstanding debt of over $14 million to DBS Bank" and was declared bankrupt in December - but the case only emerged recently.

Of all the bids to buy the club in recent years, it's safe to say this one has unravelled most spectacularly.

I was reading the notebook and delighted to read the buyers are having SUPREME confidence in Nick winning the arbitration. I come here at the Pessimism takeover thread you lot discussing about the Singapore guys  :facepalm:

I mean there's nothing new with the potential buyers being confident, that's been the case all the way through the process. Nothing to do with pessimism. That Singapore consortium was new information, hence why I posted it.

De Marco winning everything else just heightens my pessimism unfortunately as it'd textbook NUFC for us to be the one he doesn't win.

:lol:

I know what you mean like. On the flip side I don’t think he’d have put his reputation on the line if he thought losing was a possibility.