Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Everyone's a precognitive in here aren't they? Or does everyone have insider knowledge? Which is it? Because from where I'm standing no one knows wtf is going to happen with this takeover and you're all just doom mongers and fantasists.

We know the takeover is in arbitration, we know all parties are still at the table and we know no decisions have been made yet. Who knows why fat boy won't get rid of Bruce or why he equally won't entertain other offers for the club?

We've seen it take 2 months for a takeover to go through, we've seen it take 2 years so 11 months down the line is of no significance to where we are or whether it will be done. Everyone's wasting so much energy vehemently defending their position of failed/successful, you're all close minded, only willing to bend the truth to your opinion without subjectiveness.

It really is tiresome in here, suggestion: read the information readily available, ask yourself why nothing concrete has happened yet and wait until someone official tells you what's happening before shouting each other down from your ill informed soap boxes.

Getting on your soapbox about people on their soapbox.  :lol: This thread has it all. Genius, fella  :lol:

Everyone's a precognitive in here aren't they? Or does everyone have insider knowledge? Which is it? Because from where I'm standing no one knows wtf is going to happen with this takeover and you're all just doom mongers and fantasists.

We know the takeover is in arbitration, we know all parties are still at the table and we know no decisions have been made yet. Who knows why fat boy won't get rid of Bruce or why he equally won't entertain other offers for the club?

We've seen it take 2 months for a takeover to go through, we've seen it take 2 years so 11 months down the line is of no significance to where we are or whether it will be done. Everyone's wasting so much energy vehemently defending their position of failed/successful, you're all close minded, only willing to bend the truth to your opinion without subjectiveness.

It really is tiresome in here, suggestion: read the information readily available, ask yourself why nothing concrete has happened yet and wait until someone official tells you what's happening before shouting each other down from your ill informed soap boxes.

Getting on your soapbox about people on their soapbox.  :lol: This thread has it all. Genius, fella  :lol:

e6d8018b6ec8e4beeacfa55d356aeaee.gif

Genuinely used to love this forum, full of self righteous, sanctimonious pricks these days, nee wonder most of the old guard left.

e6d8018b6ec8e4beeacfa55d356aeaee.gif

Genuinely used to love this forum, full of self righteous, sanctimonious pricks these days, nee wonder most of the old guard left.

:lol: You’re doing it on purpose now  :lol:

:lol:

Ashley will panic if we go down - there will be a fire sale, with the likes of Almiron, Wilson and ASM being peddled. Still no guarantee that supporters will be allowed back in come August, so a massive drop in revenue then (lets face it though, how many will want to go back to watch the shitefest continue?) We will have made a loss for the season that it taking place now - like most other clubs. If the bank start getting itchy feet over the overdraft, things might get worse..... Ashley can only load so much debt onto the club itself.

None of this makes sense to me.

Why would Ashley (as reported) ignore other bidders (if the exist) then spend so long with arbitration etc only to stubbornly keep Bruce in position which threatens our Premier League status and with that the takeover he’s seemingly got his heart set on. He’s made some very strange decisions over his time here but this is the most baffling.

Lose tonight and Bruce surely has to go

Stop saying Bruce has to go. As long as Ashley is here he will remain here.

It's dead, move along and lock the thread

Imagine going into another season with the likes of Gayle, Carroll and Murphy still key members of the squad - and no other tangible upgrades across the rest of the pitch (or dugout). :lol:

Why would Ashley (as reported) ignore other bidders (if the exist) then spend so long with arbitration etc only to stubbornly keep Bruce in position which threatens our Premier League status and with that the takeover he’s seemingly got his heart set on. He’s made some very strange decisions over his time here but this is the most baffling.

I’ll say what I like ffs :lol: Bruce will go when we are in bottom 3. Ashley will act eventually but just like bringing in Shearer & Rafa it’ll be too late

Yawn. No chance.

I’ll say what I like ffs :lol: Bruce will go when we are in bottom 3. Ashley will act eventually but just like bringing in Shearer & Rafa it’ll be too late

Yes you are say lts of shits.

Is that supposed to make sense?

Yes you are say lts of s***s.

:dowie:

Is that supposed to make sense?

He means you say lots of shit.

Imagine going into another season with the likes of Gayle, Carroll and Murphy still key members of the squad - and no other tangible upgrades across the rest of the pitch (or dugout). :lol:

SPORTS Direct United,why does my twitter redirects never show up?

SPORTS Direct United,why does my twitter redirects never show up?

You need to get rid of the 'mobile' bit.

How many remaining games did Rafa and Shearer have to save the club from relegation when they came in? Is it already too late? It would have to be some incredible feat wouldn't it?

Shearer 8 & Rafa 10 I believe

How many remaining games did Rafa and Shearer have to save the club from relegation when they came in? Is it already too late? It would have to be some incredible feat wouldn't it?

Shearer had 8 games

Rafa had 10 games, but I always say it was 9 because he came in with no time to do anything for the first one

Shearer had 8 games

Rafa had 10 games, but I always say it was 9 because he came in with no time to do anything for the first one

Aye he came in on the Friday and we were away to Leicester on the Monday.

Had we brought him in even 3 games earlier I think we’d have been fine. We looked like a half decent side by the end of the season, good point at home to Man City (after their offside first goal!) and a draw at Anfield after being 2-0 down. Shearer only won one game but had our equaliser against Fulham not been wrongly disallowed, we’d have stayed up.

The time to sack Bruce and bring someone on to give them a chance was after the Southampton game. In hindsight, losing may have been better for us, then again I seriously doubt we’d have got rid of lard arse.