Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

With the Reubens I always thought they're too media-shy to want the attention of owning 100% of the club. If they're hidden as minority partners most people consider the club to be Saudi-owned in the public eye if it ever happened and while they're still 10% of the club people are hardly going to focus their thoughts on them compared to PIF?

The Reuben Brothers are worth something like 18 Billion. It seems Jamie really wants it and the brothers must see it as an opportunity on a wider scale. All presumptions of course but if the PL approve PIF then the whole city and region should hugely benefit.

I hope to god there’s huge pressure to give this the green light. Covid is costing lives, money and people’s futures, there’s an opportunity to inject huge amounts of non government funds into the region. It should be a no brainer. And yes, we all know they bad regime side of this but, I’ll be honest I’ll choose the improvement of my club and region first and hope it opens a door to improvements for others.

We’re almost certainly going down now, can someone fill me with hope that the takeover isn’t dead when that happens?

No one knows.In truth forget it, save yourself the agony.

Accept walking away from the club .

We’re almost certainly going down now, can someone fill me with hope that the takeover isn’t dead when that happens?

I don’t think there is a chance of a takeover and anyone who still believes must now surely accept it’s at least nowhere near close because Bruce would simply not still be here.

I don’t think there is a chance of a takeover and anyone who still believes must now surely accept it’s at least nowhere near close because Bruce would simply not still be here.

11 months and people still try to sell this as a matter of when not if. March is upon us and Bruce is still here and the gap is 3pts. Even if it was approved no one is going to pay £350m for a club on the cusp of relegation. This takeover is only happening in peoples heads.

Don’t think we are almost certain to go down just yet, we’ve had injuries and we’ve had misfortune to have to play Chelsea and Man Utd off the back of three games where we looked improved with Jones. Just get through today and get a few results over the next few weeks and we still stand a chance.

Getting Bruce out will help but we still have a chance.

However if we finish bottom 3 it will be worse for Premier League than it will be for us. All the gateways to the takeover will be opened by the courts and in determining that the PL deliberately and illegally procrastinated the process, we will either be the 21st club in the PL next season or Ashley will be given so much money that he will sell on the cheap and we will be going straight back up with PIF at the helm.

Masters and Hoffman will be gone and there will be more chance of Liverpool and Spurs in the Championship in a couple of seasons than us

11 months and people still try to sell this as a matter of when not if. March is upon us and Bruce is still here and the gap is 3pts. Even if it was approved no one is going to pay £350m for a club on the cusp of relegation. This takeover is only happening in peoples heads.

Now we are speaking some sense and home truths.

Look forward to hearing the same thing tomorrow lads, keep it up.

Ha, tomorrow...you'll be lucky. Loss tonight and it'll be a copy-paste jobby

My opinion is that this is not a priority for KSA anymore (due to COVID and other political factors). This takeover could've been completed in a week through some clean random Saudi individual. And maybe work on transferring ownership to PIF and dick-measuring with Qatar afterwards..

I have no doubt that Ashley's lawyers will squeeze some compensation and Masters/the PL board might end up resigning in the aftermath but we will be a championship club in freefall by then.

My opinion is that this is not a priority for KSA anymore (due to COVID and other political factors). This takeover could've been completed in a week through some clean random Saudi individual. And maybe work on transferring ownership to PIF and dick-measuring with Qatar afterwards..

I have no doubt that Ashley's lawyers will squeeze some compensation and Masters/the PL board might end up resigning in the aftermath but we will be a championship club in freefall by then.

O0

Agree with this. Compensation for Ashley will be the end result of this farce. He will use the money to buy players to try to get us promoted from the Championship once again and then load that debt onto the club once more.

None of this makes sense to me.

Why would Ashley (as reported) ignore other bidders (if the exist) then spend so long with arbitration etc only to stubbornly keep Bruce in position which threatens our Premier League status and with that the takeover he’s seemingly got his heart set on. He’s made some very strange decisions over his time here but this is the most baffling.

Lose tonight and Bruce surely has to go

Don’t think we are almost certain to go down just yet, we’ve had injuries and we’ve had misfortune to have to play Chelsea and Man Utd off the back of three games where we looked improved with Jones. Just get through today and get a few results over the next few weeks and we still stand a chance.

However if we finish bottom 3 it will be worse for Premier League than it will be for us. All the gateways to the takeover will be opened by the courts and in determining that the PL deliberately and illegally procrastinated the process, we will either be the 21st club in the PL next season or Ashley will be given so much money that he will sell on the cheap and we will be going straight back up with PIF at the helm.

Masters and Hoffman will be gone and there will be more chance of Liverpool and Spurs in the Championship in a couple of seasons than us

:idiot2:

Well that’s purgatory for you. Sure the pearly gates will open for you one day. #believe #wait

:dowiespin:

That went from zero to pants on your head, batshit mental pretty damn fast.

Everyone's a precognitive in here aren't they? Or does everyone have insider knowledge? Which is it? Because from where I'm standing no one knows wtf is going to happen with this takeover and you're all just doom mongers and fantasists.

We know the takeover is in arbitration, we know all parties are still at the table and we know no decisions have been made yet. Who knows why fat boy won't get rid of Bruce or why he equally won't entertain other offers for the club?

We've seen it take 2 months for a takeover to go through, we've seen it take 2 years so 11 months down the line is of no significance to where we are or whether it will be done. Everyone's wasting so much energy vehemently defending their position of failed/successful, you're all close minded, only willing to bend the truth to your opinion without subjectiveness.

It really is tiresome in here, suggestion: read the information readily available, ask yourself why nothing concrete has happened yet and wait until someone official tells you what's happening before shouting each other down from your ill informed soap boxes.

None of this makes sense to me.

Why would Ashley (as reported) ignore other bidders (if the exist) then spend so long with arbitration etc only to stubbornly keep Bruce in position which threatens our Premier League status and with that the takeover he’s seemingly got his heart set on. He’s made some very strange decisions over his time here but this is the most baffling.

Lose tonight and Bruce surely has to go

Ashley is not that afraid of relegation imo.

He probably views it as a necessary reset for the previous years of conscious mismanagement. For him, it's simply the slight inconvenience of another short-term ~50mil loan to the club, probably secured against the parachute payments. The added bonus in previous years was that the loans were added to the value of the club, strengthening his bargaining position in the event of a takeover. I don't even believe he wants to sell NUFC that desperately. Sports Direct will never have a better marketing deal.