Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Its clearly at impasse, the PL want something and PIF either haven't yet or can't deliver

Anyone with supreme confidence in this should find their like-minds in religion as there is no evidence for their position

Apart from the fact that the potential new owners are confident?

So are priests

My confidence comes from what hasn't been said. At this point any theory is as plausible as the next. It could be an impasse, it could be awaiting action from Saudi, the PL may not have made their mind up. We simply don't know.

What do we know? The deal is with the PL, who have said it's complex. They still haven't rejected it. Our Government do a substantial amount of trade with and favours for KSA.

If the PL didnt want the headache they'd have simply rejected it, but they haven't, despite all the potentially negative evidence in relation to piracy, influence and human rights. All this is still under consideration in an environment where KSA hold a lot of influence.

Why are people still listening to manorpark? :lol:

Tell you what, stake your account on here on that date. No takeover next Monday, delete your account.

I'll stake my account that it will definitely go through

Thanks for your support, our new owners will shortly be taking the reigns, you can bet on it.

Guest chopey

I can't understand why people are so negative about the deal, it makes so much more sense for it to go through than not,

EID celebrations start 27th July in Saudi no business to be had in that week, I repeat no business to be had.

EID for us in the UK is Friday, so Thurs in S.A - should be muted in S.A due to no Hajj this year

I can't understand why people are so negative about the deal, it makes so much more sense for it to go through than not,

Manorpark's positive attitude is refreshing.

It is exciting, waiting for our future to start happening.

You know what I say . . "join the Manorparkians" (enjoy life)

Its clearly at impasse, the PL want something and PIF either haven't yet or can't deliver

Anyone with supreme confidence in this should find their like-minds in religion as there is no evidence for their position

Apart from the fact that the potential new owners are confident?

It's becoming more and more obvious that the PL are just interested in getting as much cash as they can. They are essentially Gordon Gekko....greed is good

It's going through. It's been apparent for a while it's an end of the season announcement.

My view too - until Monday when no announcement is made  :lol:

So 4 days of chilling left  :coolsmiley:

I'm pleased it's changed, was sick of the sight of the old thread title like

Wait until you see this one for the next four months.

As a representative of the "Manorparkians Group" I can tell you that you will not be seeing this Thread Title (unchanged) for the next four months.

In fact I can formally announce that Takeover Day WILL BE on Monday 27th July 2020.

(Remember, you read it here first . . )

Great minds think alike

That’s my wedding Anniversary, So if it does happen that day, I will get lucky twice in one day  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Tell you what, stake your account on here on that date. No takeover next Monday, delete your account.

Thanks for your support, our new owners will shortly be taking the reigns, you can bet on it.

You gonna delete your account on here if it doesn't go through next Monday or not? You're 100% confident after all.

HTT even put money on his confidence a couple of months back, so let's see how confident you actually are.

The rhetoric coming out is clearly being fed by Qatari sources. MA, as it stands today has a deal he spent ages negotiating waiting for the PL to approve it; he's been satisfied on every other front with it or we'd haven't gotten this far. The Mauriss thing smells of Qatari involvement as well and not something MA cooked up on his own.

In any case, the BeIN sports ban and their monopoly on sport in the MENA region is bonkers when you just sit back and distill that; again the idea that the PL can sell rights that cover multiple countries who have a long history of conflict among each other from political / religion just does not make much sense.

1) Saudi have shut down BeOutQ in late 2019  - now a platform in place to stop piracy post WTO report [if PL are still hung up over this, fair enough]

-  This should address BeIN Piracy complaints going forward, in theory

3) Saudi have every right to ban BeIN from operating in it's country, but it does impact their population from watching football legally until rights are open again in 2 years

- Saudi want to bid on their own rights for next season and potentially rival the BeIN bid for the region

- Saudi conflict with Qatar is bigger than sports rights, its history, its culture, its religion

- Again very strange that the PL would have rights for an entire region of multiple countries that aren't allies

4) Seems like PIF have been answering everything they can to get this done. Are clearly the most capitalized.

5) UK and Saudi political relationship is important. How will Saudi react to a failed test that has been so highly publicized?

Guest chopey

The rhetoric coming out is clearly being fed by Qatari sources. MA, as it stands today has a deal he spent ages negotiating waiting for the PL to approve it; he's been satisfied on every other front with it or we'd haven't gotten this far. The Mauriss thing smells of Qatari involvement as well and not something MA cooked up on his own.

In any case, the BeIN sports ban and their monopoly on sport in the MENA region is bonkers when you just sit back and distill that; again the idea that the PL can sell rights that cover multiple countries who have a long history of conflict among each other from political / religion just does not make much sense.

1) Saudi have shut down BeOutQ in late 2019  - now a platform in place to stop piracy post WTO report [if PL are still hung up over this, fair enough]

3) Saudi have every right to ban BeIN from operating in it's country, but it does impact their population from watching football legally until rights are open again in 2 years

- Saudi want to bid on their own rights for next season and potentially rival the BeIN bid for the region

- Saudi conflict with Qatar is bigger than sports rights, its history, its culture, its religion

- Again very strange that the PL would have rights for an entire region of multiple countries that aren't allies

4) Seems like PIF have been answering everything they can to get this done. Are clearly the most capitalized.

5) UK and Saudi political relationship is important. How will Saudi react to a failed test that has been so highly publicized?

Cracking post expect stick off -

Kasper

Nessy111

Shearergol

2 ?

You gonna delete your account on here if it doesn't go through next Monday or not? You're 100% confident after all.

HTT even put money on his confidence a couple of months back, so let's see how confident you actually are.

It’d be equally nice if all the doom and gloom merchants in here can bet their accounts if it DOES go through.