Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

Unless Shaw has a knock I really don't get that. He was great last season for Man Utd and obviously overlapping/naturally same footed full backs are vital in the modern game/in a 4-3-3.

As per usual, an England manager has been more cautious than most supporters would like him to be. 

On reflection, it's probably sensible to go for experience in the back four, seeing it's our first game, with added pressure.

I'd have picked Grealish rather than Sterling though. 

I don't think it's a bad line up tbh. I'd definitely have preferred a natural left back at left back and probably take Grealish or Sancho over Sterling but looks decent other than that

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

As per usual, an England manager has been more cautious than most supporters would like him to be. 

On reflection, it's probably sensible to go for experience in the back four, seeing it's our first game, with added pressure.

I'd have picked Grealish rather than Sterling though. 

Shaw and Chilwell are pretty experienced left backs though.

For me Grealish and Chillwell have to start in that team. I don't know. Feel like Southgate should've just gone all in: Declan behind a midfield four of Foden, Mount, Grealish, Sancho and Kane up top. Football is supposed to be fun.