Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

There's less bad decisions and thus the games are more fair. Imagine a world without the hand of god, one less iconic moment but I'm not sure those watching that game or cheering on England at the time were thinking "By golly, so good we can't remove this obvious refereeing error from this game to help us advance in the World Cup!"

We'd have gone out anyway. We had it coming after thwt goal in the 66 WC anyway. Signs and roundabouts, errors are part of the game at every level from boardroom3, to players and officials, I just don't care that much about a mistake. Its not a trial where a man's life is at stake.

The game is so massively unfair as it is as well, removing some refereeing mistakes isn't solving anything. 

Just now, Nobody said:

We'd have gone out anyway. We had it coming after thwt goal in the 66 WC anyway. Signs and roundabouts, errors are part of the game at every level from boardroom3, to players and officials, I just don't care that much about a mistake. Its not a trial where a man's life is at stake.

The game is so massively unfair as it is as well, removing some refereeing mistakes isn't solving anything. 

It's not meant to solve everything. It's meant to improve one thing and that is making the game played fairer by better refereeing of the agreed upon rules of the games. The other stuff is irrelevant to VAR.

Just now, Kaizero said:

Why does it remove the joy from a goal scored for you? I'd love to hear the thought process. Not sarcasm or anything, genuinely. Is it anything else than "it might be overturned so I can't celebrate"?

Give over ! 

Have you ever been at a match when we have scored then 3 or 4 seconds later it's chalked off ?

It's horrible isn't it.

..times it by a thousand when they chalk it off as the team who has conceded are just about to kick off again.

It's crap mate.  It just kills the moment.

Could you imagine if they had this in the 70s and 80s with the crowd going crazy after a goal ?  Then it's disallowed 2 minutes later.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Yup, most of the contention has come from the horrendous offside analysis, I don't think it was ever intended to be used to determine that someone's lug is offside. Otherwise, it's being implemented pretty well on the whole

Those offsides tonight were both pretty clear and visible on first viewing and should've take 70% less time to decide.  I agree when it's zooming in and armpit's they are look at etc then that's too far.

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

To be fair to him, he’s been fighting pancreatic cancer

7 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Give over ! 

Have you ever been at a match when we have scored then 3 or 4 seconds later it's chalked off ?

It's horrible isn't it.

..times it by a thousand when they chalk it off as the team who has conceded are just about to kick off again.

It's crap mate.  It just kills the moment.

Could you imagine if they had this in the 70s and 80s with the crowd going crazy after a goal ?  Then it's disallowed 2 minutes later.

But actually wanting more wrong decisions just so that you can celebrate a goal properly is just odd to me.

Surely you want as fair a match as possible first and foremost.