SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

Just now, Flip said:

:lol: Don't you even go there with Southgate. I realize you guys love him, but this game should've been won in that 2nd half instead he went cautiously which could've easily cost you in extra time. As for what changed the game it was conditioning that killed the game for Denmark as well as their subs. They can't bring on players like Grealish, Foden etc. Damsinho and Dolberg were just shattered early in the 2nd half and for the last 15 minutes of extra time they played with 10 men due to injury to Jensen as well. 

I was just speculating mate. 

We all know Southgate is cautious, very possibly too cautious. But love it or hate it, at least he has an approach that’s well considered and he sticks to it. 

What I want from a manager isn’t to always do stuff I agree with, it’s mainly to show that he has a clear plan. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Honestly we were fighting against something more than just football there. After what happened to CE we fought an army, not just a Danish football one, but far more than that and we got through it. No one else did and we park ourselves in the final. Doesn't matter how we did it, Denmark would take this all other teams bar Italy and maybe even they would take this victory. so fuck off those trying to write it off, this is magnificent. Its a great day for England and I'm proud as fuck to be in a final. anyone trying to belittle it is just a sad jealous cunt. Football is coming fucking home.

:lol: I mean most of what you wrote is wrong, but I love the attitude. Hope you guys can win it Sunday. Would be immense for England. 

Edited by Flip

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

This ain't sinking in til tomorrow, is it?

Sunday. Just worried what an eventual come down would mean for this forum. 

I found myself questioning Southgate when he brought Grealish off for Trippier, and then remembered every other time i've done that he knew better. AND AGAIN HE KNEW BETTER. Denmark barely had a chance in those last 15 minutes despite us being parked in our half. So fucking controlled

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I found myself questioning Southgate when he brought Grealish off for Trippier, and then remembered every other time i've done that he knew better. AND AGAIN HE KNEW BETTER. Denmark barely had a chance in those last 15 minutes despite us being parked in our half. So fucking controlled

I don’t think it was anything against Grealish really, we just didn’t need his particular attributes anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Foden during the celebration :love: he was class when he came on. Not his tourney but we've got lots to look forward to with him.

What a leader Sterling has turned into. He's a weird, frustrating player, but he's provided cutting edge all tournament and always looked to step up when it counts. Class. 

I think Italy will tear us up a bit, tbh, but this will have been a great journey regardless - you've got to enjoy these moments. 

The thing which is so endearing about Sterling is he absolutely never gives up. Missed that chance that was saved by Schmeichel but 60 seconds later was in exactly the same place to force the own goal. He's an unbelievable player. 

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: I mean most of what you wrote is wrong, but I love the attitude. Hope you guys can win it Sunday. Would be immense for England. 

Alcohol, mate. [emoji38] Just got a fire which I got nowhere else to let it burn so here it is

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think it was anything against Grealish really, we just didn’t need his particular attributes anymore. 

No I completely agree. He did the job he needed, then it was time to shut up shop. Job fucking done. I love this team

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

You're aware you were playing against 10 men (or let's say 8 cause Hojbjerg and Kjaer could barely move). 

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I questioned his lack of subs but totall understood that one. Master chess move by him

1 minute ago, Flip said:

You're aware you were playing against 10 men (or let's say 8 cause Hojbjerg and Kjaer could barely move). 

Ahaha nah not gonna accept negative vibes I'm afraid - not tonight :D great performance, absolutely deserved. Fuck the doubters