SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

Just now, neesy111 said:

Sterling is a hero amongst men.  Unbelievable in ET.

He's a top man, like. Whizzing past people like they're not they're after 120 minutes. Crazy. 

23 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Also for the complaining that it was a dive, didnt Denmark get almost exactly the same pen in their first game (which they also missed)

1m 45s in

This was lost in the game chat, I hope its shown to the Denmark players when they start complaining in their interviews

Just now, neesy111 said:

Sterling is a hero amongst men.  Unbelievable in ET.

He's been immense this Euros. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's had an absolutely incredible Euros. 

Just now, geordie_b said:

This was lost in the game chat, I hope its shown to the Denmark players when they start complaining in their interviews

Didn't change the outcome of the game though :thup: 

On 05/07/2021 at 11:31, The Prophet said:

It's probably just irrational English nerves, but I've been dreading this fixture since we progressed into the last eight.

Denmark look unremarkable on paper, but they've found a formula to make themselves really tricky to beat. Coming into the tournament they'd only lost a couple of competitive fixtures in five years, that run included a 0-0 draw and a 1-0 win v England at Wembley. 

They're organised and comfortable with sitting in. Our attack seemed to run out of ideas against these sorts of defensive units in the group stages. They're left hand side of Maehle and Damsgaard could have a field day v Walker, but I think we could well switch to a back three to negate this. That's before we consider the emotion they'll bring into this fixture after what happened to Eriksen.

Then there's the classic English way of doing things. Whether its cricket, rugby or football we never seem to make things easy for ourselves, they're due to put us through the wringer at some point and I think this will be a really close, physical game, that could well go the distance.

Given how well we've managed the tournament and our momentum coming into this, I'm going to say draw full time, England to sneak through in extra time, with plenty of nervous moments along the way.

😉

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Player of the tournament 

Been some impressive performances, but yes, I'd probably say he should be it given that Spinazzola got injured. Up until his injury he was for me the best player of the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

I hate whataboutism so goddamn much :lol: 

How is it whataboutism? Its an identical incident

Whataboutism is there to deflect attention away from an incident with something essentially unrelated